Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by Mako25
Thirty years ago I dank beer to get drunk -

is there something else?

grin

It makes you sing and dance better.....Duh........ smile

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
I
Also starting to play with the idea of building my own kayak so that might kill some brewing time.

On my agenda

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/...uck-10-light-recreational-kayak-kit.html

Think it's a great project for out at camp.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, if I'm in the east, I'll let you buy - but, if you come to Texas, the beer's on me. I don't know all that much 'bout 'em, but have the elbow-bend, then swallow routine down cold.

Look forward to buying any Campfire member that stops by any number of these of their choice. http://fordhambrewing.com/our-brews/ they also have an Oyster Stout in the fall that is stunning and in season I'll be happy to guide for trout on the Middle Fork of the Patuxent which runs right next to one of their pubs http://www.ramsheadtavern.com/savage/ in an old denim and canvas mill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, if I'm in the east, I'll let you buy - but, if you come to Texas, the beer's on me. I don't know all that much 'bout 'em, but have the elbow-bend, then swallow routine down cold.
\

Be a pleasure. I also have a need to catch some big redfish and a gator trout or two so a deal might be made. Perhaps we can just have Leighton cook for us?

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs
I
Also starting to play with the idea of building my own kayak so that might kill some brewing time.

On my agenda

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/...uck-10-light-recreational-kayak-kit.html

Think it's a great project for out at camp.

I'm looking at the Chesapeake 17 myself from them. (The Pocketship interests me a TON but not now) I also really like the Peeler with a 15hp.

Chesapeake 17

My boss currently has something like 7 boats and built his own Guillemot - he's a damned enabler.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm looking at the Chesapeake 17 myself from them. (The Pocketship interests me a TON but not now) I also really like the Peeler with a 15hp.

Chesapeake 17

My boss currently has something like 7 boats and built his own Guillemot - he's a damned enabler.

That's nice too. Their showroom is a block from the Audi dealership in Annapolis and their website does not do credit their boats when you see them in person.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
What I'm trying to do is talk the boss into building one more and I'll help him. That way I can learn on his boat....

I'm very fortunate to be just a few hours from Hiawatha National Forest and the incredible amount of remote water up there. Want something me and the girlfriend can take, paddle and camp.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be a pleasure. I also have a need to catch some big redfish and a gator trout or two so a deal might be made. Perhaps we can just have Leighton cook for us?

That works!

LT, stx, and KG can put a feed on!

I'm tellin' ya, it was near criminal what came off those grills, and boiling pots on Padre. The fishin' happened to be so-so (at best) that particular outing, but I'll tell ya what, I didn't care.

That is how topshelf the folks are - just amazing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That works!

LT, stx, and KG can put a feed on!

I'm tellin' ya, it was near criminal what came off those grills, and boiling pots on Padre. The fishin' happened to be so-so (at best) that particular outing, but I'll tell ya what, I didn't care.

That is how topshelf the folks are - just amazing.

Having hunted pigs and fed off of LT a few times I gotta say you guys making the pig hunt next March is critical.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Not cheap, but my favorite beer in the world is the white ale. Unreal good.

www.myowlbarn.com/2011/02/hitachino-nest-owl-beer.html

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'm under orders to do a Razberry Wheat next.

You can save a lot of time and just run to 7-11 and get some wine coolers. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by walt501
Originally Posted by northern_dave
sumbich.... me here with my molson canadian....

grumble....

Been drinking Molson Canadian since the late 1960's when it was the most popular brew. Drinking a Molson while sitting in the old cabin watching the sun set out the screen door is just about as good as everyday life gets. If you listen carefully, you might be able to hear me pop the cap off another bottle of Molson from where you're located. smile

Molson Canadian and their ales have been part of our family's life at our place in Ontario since the 1950's. I remember as a little kid making a beer run for my grandfather and uncle while they were cleaning fish. I enjoy both Molson and LeBatts, and have been known to buy a case of Brador or Extra Stock every once in a while.

You're spot on with watching the sun set in Canada, sitting in an old handmade rocker with a Molson out on the screened porch. It's one of the things I enjoy most.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Miller lite!

You can shear a sheep many times.But you can only skin him once!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by moore
Miller lite!

If you need to douche a sick horse.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thirty years ago I dank beer to get drunk - wasn't too fussy 'bout brands, and I don't believe lite (or lights) were even around.

This got my curiosity up. Found this:

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Miller Lite was essentially the first mainstream light beer. After its first inception as "Gablinger's Diet Beer," which was created in 1967 by Joseph L. Owades, a biochemist working for New York's Rheingold Brewery,[2] the recipe was given (by the inventor of the light beer process) to one of Miller's competing breweries, Chicago's Meister Brau, which came out with the Meister Brau "Lite" brand in the late 1960s. When Miller acquired Meister Brau's labels the recipe was reformulated and relaunched as "Lite Beer from Miller" (which was its official name until the mid 80s) in the test markets of Springfield, IL, Knoxville, TN and San Diego, CA in 1973, and heavily marketed using masculine pro sports players and other macho figures of the day in an effort to sell to the key beer-drinking male demographic. Miller's approach worked where the two previous light beers had failed, and Miller's early production totals of 12.8 million barrels quickly increased to 24.2 million barrels by 1977 as Miller rose to 2nd place in the American brewing marketplace. Other brewers responded, especially Anheuser-Busch with its heavily advertised Bud Light in 1982, which eventually overtook Lite in 1994. In 1992 light beer became the biggest domestic beer in America.

Haven't we suffered long enough? smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by moore
Miller lite!

If you need to douche a sick horse.

At least someone finally found a use for that stuff.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all about the nitrogen.....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I sent some to a lab one time wondering what exactly is in that beer.

The lab report came back stating...........

my horse has diabetes!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (22250rem, 257Bob, 1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 52 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,678
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.