Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For those actually living in the real world, benchman speak BIG truth.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mike762
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I'll pick the less of two evil no matter how much less that might be.

Evil is evil, lesser or smaller.
Mike, you are a bud and a gentleman and I'm on your side, but here it is. There is no army assembling in Richmond, no troops outside Fort Sumter. This even as the last decision of this sort didn't go our way anyway. Everything you say is absolutely true. You can either go vote to try and do something positive or at least stay the slide, dependent upon your viewpoint, or you can stay home. I for one will not blame you either way. I personally am going to keep trying to halt or slow the slide, for my children if for no other reason. I'm also going to make a concerted effort to not worry about it as much but at the same time to pray to Jesus more. Knowing what is going on always helps but worrying about it seldom does. We know Who is in charge and ultimately, Who will win.

You're my friend and I hope this isn't offensive to you. And...there are some here who needed to hear what you're saying.

I am doing good not by picking evil, whether it be lesser or greater. I am doing good by slaying as much of it as I am capable of, as poor as that may seem.

Be advised...giving up is what the bad guys want the good guys to do. In the history of the earth since the first two made their choice and their offspring slew their offspring, has it ever not been so?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
80% of nothing is still nothing.

it isn't nothing....and the left will come to hate this case for the commerce clause holding.

politically, affirming the constitutionality of Obamacare while officially labeling it the largest middle class tax increase in history is not a deal Obama would have taken.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
80% of a CHANCE is much better than no chance at all.

Sure as hell hope I never have to share a fox hole with you. I want someone to fight and cling to that last chance to get out.

[bleep] defeatists...

Me

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Like most here, I wish that Roberts had voted to toss the ACA, but don't put the full load on him. From his comments, I don't think he likes it a bit, but does not see the tax as unconstitutional. I'm sure he's sick by the company he's in today!

Remember, both of Barry's judges voted for the ACA without disagreeing with any of it, and one of them should have recused herself.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I'll pick the less of two evil no matter how much less that might be.

Evil is evil, lesser or smaller.
I'll take the copperhead bite over that of the black mamba, Mike.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/28/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In a nut shell, Roberts said Health care is a tax and he now sends the issue back to us. WE The PEOPLE. So what are we going to do? Stand by and get taxed more? I'm voting R in ever race this year. Not becuase I believe the R's can fix this problem, but becuase we know full well the D's cannot and will not tax fairly. November cannot come soon enough. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
80% of nothing is still nothing.

It gave us Heller, which never would have happened if morons had done the same in 2000 and 2004, as they did in 2008.

[Linked Image]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Roberts also ruled that Medicaid can't be used to fund OCare. Where will they get the funding?

Roberts specifically asserted that the court ewasn't speaking as to the wisdom of the legislation and that voters could do so in the Fall.

Since Congress can't fund it and Romney will repeal it by giving each state a waiver,the Dems are in a serious spot when they soon realize the polling numbers will soon shift strongly in favor of Romney.

Having said that,Roberts is a huge disappointment to me. Scalia must be dying trying to ride that politically correct fence.

Don't Cry For Me,Argentina!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
u all quite whine'in...bend over and left big brother gov in....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Isaac, Shepard Smith just said on Fox that Roberts said his job was to " find a way to make it work". He is a POS, IMHO.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So your choice is either stay home and or waste your vote on someone who has no chance? Either case a vote for Obama thus ENSURING we'll get the likes of Kagan, Ginsberg, etc. I guess you forgot Alito, Scalia, and Thomas. Good logic....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
shelacking 2012 here we come!!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I will vote against the POS that brought this days crap to the surface, Jorge.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by benchman
Lesser evil is better than more evil. That's a fact, Jack.

A little bankrupt is like being a little pregnant. This two party system as it stands today is a sure bet for business as usual, and has nothing to do with Capitalism.

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by temmi
...that I HAVE to vote for Romney, because of the IMPORTANCE of having SCOTUS appointments done by someone who will appoint "originalists", all I can say is BULL$HIT.

After today's actions by the Chief of the so called "originalist" justices, your arguments ring very, very, hollow.

Most of us don�t like this but it is what is it is.

A liberal justice will vote like this all the time.

Really all Roberts did was rule that Congress could not govern Inactivity as Commence and rule the Penalty a Tax.
Still a major problem with that, since if it's a tax, it's a direct tax, which requires annual apportionment (a major burden on the Federal Government), which the legislation doesn't provide for, so, even if a tax, it should have been ruled unconstitutional for requiring an unapportioned direct tax. The Sixteenth Amendment's exception regarding direct taxes only applies to income. The Obamacare tax is not a tax on income, and thus doesn't fall under the exception carved out by the Sixteenth Amendment.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eyeball
Isaac, Shepard Smith just said on Fox that Roberts said his job was to " find a way to make it work". He is a POS, IMHO.

do you mean that little [bleep] shep smith, or Roberts?

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vote for Obama then.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball

he's right....it is a rule of construction that the court must find a statute constitutional if there is any way to do so, just as the court must rule on the narrowest ground possible. Statutes are presumed constitutional and if they can be interpreted in a way to be so held, that is what the court is required to do. note that he specifically noted that the statute could still be attacked "as applied" in a future case.....the same thing the court did in the Arizona case.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Roberts has to find a way to make Obama care work? WTF. HE (Jesus) said they would find a way to justify anything. HE was right, libs do that to justify lying, cheating, stealing, and laying on their azz doing nothing.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 22250rem, 1badf350, 204guy, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,285 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,000
Posts18,500,029
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.