Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mike762
...that I HAVE to vote for Romney, because of the IMPORTANCE of having SCOTUS appointments done by someone who will appoint "originalists", all I can say is BULL$HIT.

After today's actions by the Chief of the so called "originalist" justices, your arguments ring very, very, hollow.

LOL
You're polite. Ask em how many ways they can cook their crow.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CURL: Roberts to the Rescue for Romney

It's just possible, you have to be pretty clever to reach the Supreme Court, politics notwithstanding.

Piss off the wobbly middle.
Fire up the conservative/Republican base.
Good political result in the general election.
Proper legal result when it's repealed.
Defend the integrity of the Court as "impartial." If you watch MSNBC at all, the rabid left had warehouses stacked with pitchforks and torches ready to issue.

It's just possible, I don't know what else could lead to such a legally flawed and intellectually vapid opinion.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RISJR
Roberts also ruled that Medicaid can't be used to fund OCare. Where will they get the funding?
Higher taxes my friend - higher taxes..

Roberts specifically asserted that the court ewasn't speaking as to the wisdom of the legislation and that voters could do so in the Fall.
I'm sure we'll all try..

Since Congress can't fund it and Romney will repeal it ...
We hope.. So far, all that is is talk...

Having said that,Roberts is a huge disappointment to me.
!
Disappointment is a very kind work, IYAM.. 'Traitorous liberal dickhead' might be closer to reality..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Redneck
Only reason now to vote for Romney is hoping (yeah, I know) he'll actually do what he's claiming he'll do - repeal it..

"But Grandpa, why did America have to fall and all those people have to die?"

"Well, for lots of reasons, my boy, and not very good ones. But in a nutshell, it was because people believed politicians."
On that, there can be NO argument... Especially in relation to the Liar in Chief..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
...that I HAVE to vote for Romney, because of the IMPORTANCE of having SCOTUS appointments done by someone who will appoint "originalists", all I can say is BULL$HIT.

After today's actions by the Chief of the so called "originalist" justices, your arguments ring very, very, hollow.
How many Obama appointees voted to let the liberals continue to block your 2d Amend rights in Heller? How would that have gone if Obama had 2 more picks on the court?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What's to keep Obama from admitting it will be a tax, but that HE wants to pass that cost on to those above the 250K threshold and not on those below?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the irony of all this is that this case will be the best case restricting the use of the commerce clause to justify regulation since Lopez.

That's kool aide of the redest tinge. The obvious of course is that twice this week you had "conservative" justices vote to:

A) trample sovergn borders, and state's rights into the history books. (Kennedy, and Roberts, yipeeeeeeee)

B) Allow socialized medicine to proceed.

Further, there will no benefit of restriction of the commerce clause, because Roberts' ruling was to allow through the use of taxation. You being the attorney, I'll trust you to fill in the legal term (I read it, but forget). No precedent was established disallowing the commerece clause, they are free to try it again, but there's no need, because Roberts so kindly pulled out of his asz verbage that wasn't even there.

It's over, and no there won't be a full repeal. Ha!, how many years has it been since Roe V Wade, and Lib's made hay with instilling fear of appeal of that for DECADES - dejavu brother.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mako25
the irony of all this is that this case will be the best case restricting the use of the commerce clause to justify regulation since Lopez.

That's kool aide of the redest tinge. The obvious of course is that twice this week you had "coservative" justices vote to:

A) trample sovergn borders, and state's rights into the history books. (Kennedy, and Roerts, yipeeeeeeee)

B) Allow socialized medicine to proceed.

Further, there will no benefit of restriction of the commerce clause, because Roberts' ruling was to allow through the use of taxation. You being the attorney, I'll trust you to fill in the legal term (I read it, but forget). No precedent was established disallowing the commerece clause, they are free to try it again, but there's no need, because Roberts so kindly pulled out of his asz verbage that wasn't even there.

It's over, and no there won't be a full repeal. Ha!, how many years has it been since Roe V Wade, and Lib's made hay with instilling fear of appeal of that for DECADES - dejavu brother.
Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Talked with my son today, he's grinnin' like the proverbial Cheshire Cat. He works for Midwest Mutual, hates the concept of socialized medicine, but does anticipate windfalls from insurance policies (I'm talkin' no need to work any more windfalls).

Mebee he'll forget how I paddled, and grounded him as a snot-nose lad.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm just wanting to know, what's in it for sacharlie when the USA goes under or she makes it to 70 and isn't worth expensive medical repair? Does she hate freedom to the point of willingly cutting off her nose to spite her face, or is she stupid enough to think all we need to do is print more money, as many dumbocraps are?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

Yep. The whole system is a farce and well worth boycotting.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Sir, as of Dependence Day (June 28th, 2012) we're all in the same leaky, listing, powerless, rudderless boat.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I guess if the Africans vote to destroy us, I'll take the other side of the coin. Bush tried, he was just too stupid to pick a conservative.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10ring1, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,005
Posts18,500,071
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.