Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Capsicum spray or taser at 60mph should just about solve the problem.

Would've made for a much more dramatic ending to the video, that's for sure! laugh

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No, that would amount to suicide....your point is moot.
Actually, no. The tasering, or whatever, in your scenario would have been the last proximate cause of death, since had it not occurred, neither would death.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
After all these years....you are still coming out with the same old crap.

Do you suffer from dementia or are you just plain straight out bloody stupid.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockchucker
you have no point or a clue, cuz your blinded by your rose colored glasses
I'm not advocating a society without rules. But in order to understand why he ran, you only need to look at the situation objectively. He ran because he didn't want to be punished for violating a societal rule. It's as simple as that. There are some here who seem perplexed by that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
After all these years....you are still coming out with the same old crap.

Do you suffer from dementia or are you just plain straight out bloody stupid.
Play nice, now, Stuart. smile

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
you have no point or a clue, cuz your blinded by your rose colored glasses
I'm not advocating a society without rules. But in order to understand why he ran, you only need to look at the situation objectively. He ran because he didn't want to be punished for violating a societal rule. It's as simple as that. There are some here who seem perplexed by that.

which is against the law. two wrongs don't make it right. he would be the only person to blame if something tragic happened.

FJB
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
To you that would be Mister Stuart.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Being chased by the police while riding an atv/dirt bike/snowmobile. That's Pure Michigan right there. They need to use that in Michigan's next tourism campaign.

No doubt. That is some beautiful country right there; seeing it on the speedy end of a cop chase has GOT to draw in some dollars smile !

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
To you that would be Mister Stuart.
Not officer Stuart? I'm surprised.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There is not enough tea in China for me to take a miserable job like that on.
The coppers get f ed over by their own LAC's more often than they get it from the public, pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don't.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Idiot. Saw some young scuz that wanted to drive fast and loose without being chased T-bone a car at an intersection, killing the operator of the struck car. Get this stariaght,if that quad driver wanted to drive fast and all he risked was creaming himself on a tree, I could not care less. Refer to my opening comment. Jackass.

Last edited by EvilTwin; 07/05/12.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
It appears as if the chase ensued because the 4-wheeler was on a public road, and most likely that violated local laws. Therefore the cop was absolutely justified in going after the offender because that is their duty.

However, once the pursuit reached the obviously high speeds that it did the pursuit should have been abandoned becasue it was too dangerous to continue. Yes, the ATV rider was breaking the law, and if an accident had occured during the high speed pursuit it would have been the riders fault. However, at some point we must look at the risks associated with the potential rewards. The reward in this case DOES NOT justify the risks!

I'm certain that the ATV rider began to drive faster and much more recklessly once he was pursued than before, which means the risk for an innocent person being injured or killed incresed substantially once the pursuit began, which also means that this risk would have lessened once the pursuit ended.

This guy was riding an unlicensed vehicle on a public thoroughfare for goodness sake! It was not as if he was a serial killer or anything!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The coppers get f ed over by their own LAC's more often than they get it from the public, pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Agreed. It's a hard job. Try teaching a class full of high school students, though.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by teal
As a one time owner of a highly modified Banshee - I'm surprised the cop kept up as well as she did.

I've ridden a lot of things with engines and that Banshee was the only one I was really scared about. It would pull the front tires off the ground as you shifted every gear. Even 6.

You ain't lyin'.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by okbowman
It appears as if the chase ensued because the 4-wheeler was on a public road, and most likely that violated local laws. Therefore the cop was absolutely justified in going after the offender because that is their duty.

However, once the pursuit reached the obviously high speeds that it did the pursuit should have been abandoned becasue it was too dangerous to continue. Yes, the ATV rider was breaking the law, and if an accident had occured during the high speed pursuit it would have been the riders fault. However, at some point we must look at the risks associated with the potential rewards. The reward in this case DOES NOT justify the risks!

I'm certain that the ATV rider began to drive faster and much more recklessly once he was pursued than before, which means the risk for an innocent person being injured or killed incresed substantially once the pursuit began, which also means that this risk would have lessened once the pursuit ended.

This guy was riding an unlicensed vehicle on a public thoroughfare for goodness sake! It was not as if he was a serial killer or anything!
All good points. Additionally, being a female cop, she was likely overcompensating.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
And to the Aussie who condones tazering or spraying this dude and calling it suicide, well, I don't know how things are done in Australia, but here in the United States we decided long ago to not allow our government to have that degree of power over us.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
yet another pretty much unwarranted high speed pursuit. The quad was not causing any problem to start with.

This is where our society is headed. Bunch of puzzies.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Agreed. It's a hard job. Try teaching a class full of high school students, though.

My heart bleeds for you, it must be really terrible to be stuck on the taxpayers tit.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
then why did'nt he stop? if he stops the chase is over
Didn't want to be messed with and charged protection money by the local mob. Not really that complicated when you look at it objectively.

Another puzzy attitude.

Travis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by okbowman
And to the Aussie who condones tazering or spraying this dude and calling it suicide, well, I don't know how things are done in Australia, but here in the United States we decided long ago to not allow our government to have that degree of power over us.

Mmmph....you are kidding me....right?

Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 1,800 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,502
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.