Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Darrel
AJ300MAG said: "Only issue could have been the quad didn't have a license plate..."
I agree but I feel the same way about bicycles that tend to hold up traffic, too. No license, no insurance and they pay no taxes to use that road!
I sure thought the police car could have caught the quad on the pavement easier than that showed, though. Kind of surprised me but then that was no fat ass like me riding the quad!!

First cop I ever outran was on a KX80. And it was a piece of cake.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There is not enough tea in China for me to take a miserable job like that on.
The coppers get f ed over by their own LAC's more often than they get it from the public, pretty much damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Agreed. It's a hard job. Try teaching a class full of high school students, though.

My heart bleeds for you, it must be really terrible to be stuck on the taxpayers tit.
laugh And cops aren't?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your point?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
AJ300MAG said: "Only issue could have been the quad didn't have a license plate..."
I agree but I feel the same way about bicycles that tend to hold up traffic, too. No license, no insurance and they pay no taxes to use that road!
I sure thought the police car could have caught the quad on the pavement easier than that showed, though. Kind of surprised me but then that was no fat ass like me riding the quad!!

Travis
Why didn't you pull over when lawfully ordered to do so?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Originally Posted by Mac84
My first response would have been why are you chasing? Absent a damn good reason my next response would have been terminate chase.

Sure wish more in LE (AND lawmakers)had this perspective.

I can't think of a department or agency that doesn't have that policy.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
its pure horseshit to say that whatever happens as a result of the offender running from the law is his responsibility.

Too many scenarios where the public would be in danger by a high speed chase where the original crime being broken is meaningless.

not to mention that letting that rider go would just mean he'd could probably be caught again next week riding down the same road.

another aspect of that situation is if the officer made the decision to continue the chase on the dirt roads, lost control of the car and smacked into a tree, the rider would be held responsible for the policemen's poor judgement if he were to be caught. A policeman loses control of his car chasing a kid and the kid gets hit with manslaughter.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/05/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Travis
Why didn't you pull over when lawfully ordered to do so?

Because I feared my father more than the cop.

Travis

Last edited by deflave; 07/05/12. Reason: typo

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA
its pure horseshit to say that whatever happens as a result of the offender running from the law is his responsibility.

Too many scenarios where the public would be in danger by a high speed chase where the original crime being broken is meaningless.

not to mention that letting that rider go would just mean he'd could probably be caught again next week riding down the same road.

Unless of course he's a rapist fleeing to Mexico. But [bleep] it guys, let's just let them go.

More pussification.

Travis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Cool, so by your reckoning I should just let go any miscreant who breaks into my house at night and prowls around my wife and daughter whilst they sleep, just in case they decide to run and end up twisting their ankle.

No...I think I shall just go with my system.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by okbowman
And to the Aussie who condones tazering or spraying this dude and calling it suicide, well, I don't know how things are done in Australia, but here in the United States we decided long ago to not allow our government to have that degree of power over us.

Mmmph....you are kidding me....right?

No I am not kidding you!!! Cops DO NOT have the right to do whatever they want to do in the name of supporting the law. I know some good cops, and to a man I guarantee that they would not support this.

There is a great liklihood that this rider was of a young age, perhaps 16 or so. Imagine this was your kid, and he was tazered and then died from the crash that ensued for being tazered. How would you feel? Would you have thought your kid deserved what they got? Of course you wouldn't!

Again, the ATV rider was wrong, but as the trained professional in this situation the cop should have called off the chase. It simply wasn't worth it.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
so now we've gone from quad riding kid to rapist or miscreant breaking into your house.

yea, I can see a rapist deciding the best way to flee the law is to jump on a quad, ride down the road and head for Mexico.

and this wasn't night, it wasn't in your home

this is the problem with LEOs - they have to make up this scenario of every citizen who is breaking some minor law as a potential Pablo Escobar just within their grasp which justifies endangering the public to apprehend the criminal mastermind.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/05/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
so now we've gone from quad riding kid to rapist or miscreant breaking into your house.

yea, I can see a rapist deciding the best way to flee the law is to jump on a quad, ride down the road and head for Mexico.

this is the problem with LEOs - they have to make up this scenario of every citizen who is breaking some minor law as a potential Pablo Escobar just within their grasp which justifies endangering the public to apprehend the criminal mastermind.

You convinced me. When a guy flees, just let them run. Good policy.

Your campaign slogan should read "EVERYBODY GETS A VAGINA IN 2012!"

Travis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
And to the Aussie who condones tazering or spraying this dude and calling it suicide, well, I don't know how things are done in Australia, but here in the United States we decided long ago to not allow our government to have that degree of power over us.

Mmmph....you are kidding me....right?

No I am not kidding you!!! Cops DO NOT have the right to do whatever they want to do in the name of supporting the law. I know some good cops, and to a man I guarantee that they would not support this.

There is a great liklihood that this rider was of a young age, perhaps 16 or so. Imagine this was your kid, and he was tazered and then died from the crash that ensued for being tazered. How would you feel? Would you have thought your kid deserved what they got? Of course you wouldn't!

Again, the ATV rider was wrong, but as the trained professional in this situation the cop should have called off the chase. It simply wasn't worth it.

I do know how I would feel if some low-life piece of filth ran my Daughter over whilst he was joy riding....and as for the filth dying, so what.....it not like they are rare, after all they still make them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
ahhhh, an Australian, eh?

Yep, so you can read....now grow a brain and see if you can begin to comprehend.

nasty little poofter, arn't ya? laugh

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hey, I have a question for the vagina brigade:

If a vehicle is suspected to be full of illegal immigrants should that vehicle be pursued?

Thanks in advance,
Travis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Uumm....I am not a law enforcement officer.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
My first response would have been why are you chasing? Absent a damn good reason my next response would have been terminate chase.

Travis

The original video would be one.. I doubt it's as rare as you think.

Of course the problem starts with the nanny staters making thousands of laws, but somewhere, at some point, common sense needs to be exercised on the enforcement side. This particular case is just one shining example. The ultimate solution is to stop voting in city council members who have never heard of a revenue inducing law they wouldn't support. "For the children.."

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
ahhhh, an Australian, eh?

Yep, so you can read....now grow a brain and see if you can begin to comprehend.

nasty little poofter, arn't ya? laugh

Heh heh....you sure your not an Aussie pretending to be a bloody yank.

You sneaky prick!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hey, I have a question for the vagina brigade:

If a vehicle is suspected to be full of illegal immigrants should that vehicle be pursued?

Thanks in advance,
Travis

lets add - thru your neighborhood with your kids on bikes riding around and your wife out walking the dog

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

The original video would be one.. I doubt it's as rare as you think.

Of course the problem starts with the nanny staters making thousands of laws, but somewhere, at some point, common sense needs to be exercised on the enforcement side. This particular case is just one shining example. The ultimate solution is to stop voting in city council members who have never heard of a revenue inducing law they wouldn't support. "For the children.."

Ok.

Travis

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.