Hop To
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're dismissed.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Put me down on the side of The_Real_Hawkeye and KFWA, but with a nod to whoever the guy was who noted that it didn't look like the girl cop did anything particularly dangerous during the chase.

I was rootin' for the guy on the quad, and might have done the same thing had I the expertise and the ability. Would have gone off-road sooner, though, I think. I imagine you don't really need that much of a trail with one of those things, as long as you know the country well enough not to get blocked by a fence, and as long as you can get out of easy pistol range before the cop can get stopped and out of the car.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Barak
Put me down on the side of The_Real_Hawkeye and KFWA, but with a nod to whoever the guy was who noted that it didn't look like the girl cop did anything particularly dangerous during the chase.

I was rootin' for the guy on the quad, and might have done the same thing had I the expertise and the ability. Would have gone off-road sooner, though, I think. I imagine you don't really need that much of a trail with one of those things, as long as you know the country well enough not to get blocked by a fence, and as long as you can get out of easy pistol range before the cop can get stopped and out of the car.

Boy, you really threw us all for a loop on that one.

Pistol range? How many cops have you out ran that resulted in getting shot at?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I made that observation and I'm sticking to it. She didn't appear to be putting anyone at risk and was in complete control during that incident.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
As long as we're making schit up, he was a meth head illegal rapist who just murdered a family of Quakers. Is it ok to pursue now?

How about this, ok, no pursuit. If the tard damages property, he's responsible for full restitution and some jail time and surrenders his DL and vehicle. If there is a fatality he gets life in prison, no parole, no second shot. Automatic, no plea bargain available.

Funniest outcome would have been to see that guy go face on into a tree.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
According to Hawkeye, only "violent felons" "might" be ok to pursue.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RDFinn
You're dismissed.
I'll know not to waste my time with you in the future.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wsa thinking along those lines myself.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How about this, ok, no pursuit. If the tard damages property, he's responsible for full restitution and some jail time and surrenders his DL and vehicle. If there is a fatality he gets life in prison, no parole, no second shot. Automatic, no plea bargain...

Other than life without parole it works for me...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I found this and it seems that it is legal in Roscommon county to drive an ORV on County Roads. It is possable that the cop clocked the ORV speeding which led to the chase.

STATE OF MICHIGAN
COUNTY OF ROSCOMMON
ORV ORDINANCE
AMENDED ORDINANCE No. 4
An ordinance adopted for the purpose of authorizing and regulating the operation of Off Road Vehicles (ORVs) on roads and streets in Roscommon County, for the purpose of providing penalties for the violation thereof, and for the distribution of public funds
resulting from those penalties pursuant to 2008 PA 240, MCL 324.81131.
THE COUNTY OF ROSCOMMON ORDAINS:
Sec. 1 As used in this ordinance, the following definitions shall apply:
a) "County" means the County of Roscommon.
b) "Driver license" means an operator's or chauffeur's license or permit issued to an individual by the secretary of state under chapter III of the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.301 to 257.329, for that individual to operate a vehicle, whether
or not conditions are attached to the license or permit.
c) "Local unit of government" means a county, township or municipality.
d) "Municipality" means a city or village.
e) "Operate" means to ride in or on, and be in actual physical control of the operation of an ORV.
f) "Operator" means a person who operates or is in actual physical control of the operation of an ORV.
g) "ORV" means a motor driven vehicle capable of cross-country travel without benefit of a road or trail, on or immediately over land, snow, ice, marsh, swampland, or other natural terrain. ORV or vehicle includes, but is not limited to, a multitrack or
multiwheel drive vehicle, an ATV, a motorcycle or related 2-wheel, 3-wheel, or 4-wheel vehicle, an amphibious machine, a ground effect air cushion vehicle, or other means of transportation deriving motive power from a source other than muscle or wind.
h) "Road" means a county primary road or county local road as described in section 5 of 1951 PA 51, MCL 247.655.
i) "Road Commission" means the Board of Road Commissioners for the County of Roscommon.
j) "Safety certificate means a certificate issued pursuant to 1994 PA 451 as amended, PA 324.81129, or a comparable ORV safety certificate issued under the authority of another state or a province of Canada."
k) "Street" means a city or village major street or city or village local street as described in section 9 of 1951 PA 51, MCL 247.659.
l) "Township" means an individual township within the County of Roscommon.
m) "Township Board" means a board of supervisors of any township within the County of Roscommon.
n) "Visual supervision" means the direct observation of the operator with the unaided or normally corrected eye, where the observer is able to come to the immediate aid of the operator.
Sec. 2 An ORV may be operated on the far right of the maintained portion of a road or street within the county.

Last edited by inland44; 07/05/12.

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Between the mental gymnastics, strawmen and red herrings, somebody's gonna pull a fish smelling, yellow hammie. whistle

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Why didn't you pull over when lawfully ordered to do so?

Because I feared my father more than the cop.

Travis
Should the cop have killed you?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by inland44
It is possable that the cop clocked the ORV speeding which led to the chase.

Or that she was specifically sitting there waiting for him, based on reported recent activities?

She seemed ready to move quickly, and he immediately took to running.

Naahhh, couldn't be...

"He's such a niiiiice boy", says his mother from the porch to the TV cameras...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was really disappointed

the sister-banging Tn dna in me kept waiting for a BRIDGE OUT sign and a
freeze frame of an airborne cop car with a Waylon Jennings voice over

youtube-
you fail

btw

what the heyall is a "tosser" ?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

No way?!? shocked

You should've been rooting for the cop, so that she could've tossed Speed Racer in the joint, and you could have another one to "rehabilitate"...

Assuming of course that she missed with an entire high capacity mag of hollowpoints to his back...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Why didn't you pull over when lawfully ordered to do so?

Because I feared my father more than the cop.

Travis
Should the cop have killed you?

Laughin'... Yes Hawkeye, the cop should have killed me. No question.

You seem to have had an extra cup of stupid with breakfast this morning, so I'll break it down for you.

-Cop see law broken.

-Cop have probable cause to make lawful stop.

-Bad guy no want cop catch him.

-Bad guy run. Cop chase.

Watch a [bleep] cop movie some time. It's really not complicated.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis

Experience has taught me that there's no telling what a cop will do, especially if you don't know the context under which he's operating. So since you can't control what a cop will do, the objective is to have as much control as possible over what he can do. If he can shoot you through the trees, then he might choose to or he might choose not to. If he can't shoot you through the trees, then it doesn't matter what he chooses.

It's the same logic that makes it a good idea not to talk to cops, even if you think you're clean.

I imagine all that probably goes double for girl cops.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's the same logic that makes it a good idea not to talk to cops, even if you think you're clean.

Very poor advise to give folks that aren't guilty of something, high/drunk, mentally unstable or just to stupid to have a simple dialog.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

Experience has taught me that there's no telling what a cop will do, especially if you don't know the context under which he's operating. So since you can't control what a cop will do, the objective is to have as much control as possible over what he can do. If he can shoot you through the trees, then he might choose to or he might choose not to. If he can't shoot you through the trees, then it doesn't matter what he chooses.

I imagine all that probably goes double for girl cops.

Ok, I assumed you were using your imagination. Just wanted to make sure.

Travis

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's like going to recruit school all over again, the things you learn on here...

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,417
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.