I need one now please!!!!!!

Molan Labe
GB1

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I'm checking one out now, bad news is that nearly all the rifles that I thought were spot on weren't.

This is a great tool, easy to use especially with the videos of Jerry demo'ing it and the superb detailed instructions.

Like others here have said, it is superbly made, simple and effective to use. Getting the reticle set true is now easy.

Jerry, many thanks for sending and for your kind note. Where has this thing been all my life? You have a superb product.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've posted a review of the Reticle-Tru on Savageshooters, Rimfirecentral, and Accuratereloading.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll take one, also. Let me know where the $s go!

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
It is a well made product.

Individually CNC machining each part and the cost of Delrin can run the cost. I'm sure he's working on producing the tool as inexpensively as possible.

I agree with you on the attractive logo and packaging. Jerry is a real artist and I would expect no less from him.

DF

He might consider substituting UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) for the Delrin. It will look the same, machine about the same, and perform the same in this application but should cost less.

UHMWPE is about half the cost
Half the tensile strength but at 4750 psi is still way over kill
Much higher impact strength than delrin, but again, either is overkill
Lower coefficient of friction so may need blue tape more often

Brazos Jack

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Thanks Brazos,

I've relayed that info to Jerry.

Lots of knowledgeable contributors to the Fire from many different occupations and educational backgrounds.

My Dad would tell me, back when I was a kid, helping him do a project, "Two heads are better than one, even if one is a knothead".

I had no delusions which head was the knothead... smile

Df

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I've lost track here. Is there actually a list being compiled for an order, or are folks just indicating interest?

Al

Spend your life wisely.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The latter.

There is no list for orders, to my knowledge, at this time.

DF

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Thanks, DF. I'll want one when they are availble.

Last edited by WoodsyAl; 07/06/12.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Man, that is just what I need!

Please put me down for the group buy if ther is one.

Looking forward to getting one ASAP.

JD338

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Jerry's expanding his web site with more photos of the Reticle-Tru. I like the photo of the inverted tool on a very high scope mount.

Looking good, Jerry.

Check it out.

DF

http://parabola-llc.com/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been using the Segway Reticle-Leveler almost since it first became available. But I'll be ordering one of these as soon as they can be ordered via the web site. I'll be interested to see how the two tools compare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a professional website. Great ideas - both the scope through and reticle - through.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone know when these will be available for purchase? Will definitely buy one.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope Jerry gets this product to market soon... I have a fair number of scopes to mount, and if I keep doing things the way I have been, either a rifle or scope (or, most likely, both) are going to go flying across the garage soon! smile

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks interesting for sure any idea on price?

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Jerry's working on all that.

Delrin and CNC machining are both expensive. Delrin is just about indestructible and these tools should last a lifetime of hard use.

I would think the Delrin model would be for professional gunsmiths and other high use applications.

There may be an opportunity to produce an injection molded consumer version down the road. Those won't cost as much to make, but the start up cost is pretty high.

So, we'll have to wait for Jerry to do his thing. BTW, he's working overtime to make all this happen.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 07/16/12.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Just got off the phone with Jerry. Took a while to catch up. I really enjoyed the visit, as always.

He's making progress with the project. The CNC machine is being set up to produce at 4 times the previous rate. This tool will be targeted to the professional and serious hobbiest. Some gunsmiths mount 1,000+ scopes a year. This device will make that process easier, saving time.

This device is being precision machined from Delrin, a tough and durable material. Later on, there may be a consumer grade, injection molded version, which will cost less to make.

The patent is pending and Jerry is getting ready to start selling the Reticle Tru on line. Shouldn't be too long.

I'm sure he'll keep us posted. Here's his website and an overview on the Reticle Tru, made 100% in Montana.

http://parabola-llc.com/wp-content/...on-on-this-device-and-other-devices1.pdf

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for bringing this back TTT.

Reminds me that I need to get cracking on my testimonial letter which I'm very happy to pen.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I've been testing the Reticle-Tru for a while now, and it works.

I tested at first with a simple method I use for testing many scope-mounting tools, by trying it on rifles with scopes already properly mounted and sighted-in.

Scopes that have reticles and innards set up properly will shoot groups directly in line with each other vertically when adjusted up and down. (Well, as long as the target has been leveled, and the reticle is aimed square on the target.)

In every instanceon these rifles, the Reticle-Tru showed the crosshairs to be correctly aligned.

That said, there are certain parameters:

1) As some people have already suggested, if the reticle is canted inside the scope, there can be problems. But there are problems with such scopes anyway.

2) Many factory rifles end up with the scope mounts canted slightly, for various reasons. The Reticle-Tru won't work precisely with those rifles, but it will come close.

3) You have to be able to perceive if the Reticle-Tru itself is centered. I've found some people have a hard time with this, either because their have middle-aged eyesight or somehow can't keep their eye directly aligned behind the scope and Reticle-Tru.

But in general it works really well!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,316
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.