Hop To
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You know not of what you speak regarding my level of experience. I could tell you some stories.

Like what?

Are you mad....stop encouraging this tool.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART
I wasn't speaking of using the ignore feature....

Ah...fruit!...I knew it was too good to be true.
That doesn't stop you from using it.
Why in God's name would I do that!.......I personally find your fantasies to be riveting entertainment.

One thing though, I generally would take most at their word if they tell me it is daylight outside at 1 pm.....but with you and Barak I would physically have to go outside and check as simply looking through the window would not be enough to verify anything either of you espouse.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
He outran her, huh? Whoopdee doo. Someone like that'd have to practically want to get caught in those conditions, knowing the area as he seemed to. He did almost lose it on that one jump in someone's yard, I noticed, but it looked like to me that he knew from jump he'd not get caught--by her, anyway.

Back in the bad old days, we'd flee from John E. Law on a like, weekly basis. Not for anything truly criminal, but they frowned heavily on kids in the city gathering and drinking and, well, y'know, being wise-asses. Since none of us wanted to get cuffed, stuffed and roughed--or even worse, brought home to your old man--when they came, we'd bolt every single time.

A few of the chases we led them on in cars and on foot, with us always on foot, were the stuff legends were made of. Some epic fails in there too. wink For most of the mob I ran with, rare was the day someone would actually get pinched.

But then, you know and area well, with rooftops, alleys, apartment complex basements, subway tunnels, fences, tracks and backyards... Unless you're too damned drunk to run, or have a really speedy, or determined cop (or both!), the runners always had the upper hand in the inner city. By far.

Not proud of wasting their time, or making a bloody nuisance--and then some-- of ourselves, but hey, that was then, and I've grown up a bit since then. Now I just occasionally pour booze in my eyes to self-punish. I think.

wink

I don't think I've ever known anybody that didn't run from the cops. At least a few times.

Thank God we were able to dodge all those bullets and murderous po-po!

Travis

Right. Though not in the least at the time, in '86 or so my brother was unceremoniously abducted by BPD, and taken behind the Boston Garden loading docks. His offence? Being a dikkhead.

After the boys there rolled up on a few dozen of we boyscouts on a downtown corner waiting on a bus on our way to a Jethro Tull show in Worcester, they advised folks to dump any booze and eat any hooch, as they'd gotten a few complaints. If they had to come back, well, 'smarten the fahk up' was the general warning. Fair enough. As they rolled off in two cruisers, my brother, trying to show off, exposed a liter of 151 Bacardi he had hidden down the back of his jacket to a few mates. Unfortunately for my soon-to-be-tenderized brother, one of the cops saw him in the side view mirror as they were pulling out without really breaking nuts. Well, there's always one dumbass!

Hammered him, cuffed, with batons, fists and boots for a few, then asked him if he thought what he'd done was worth it. The obvious answer spewed forth. My brother was told something like, "a smaht punk wouldn't have tried to show off that he'd gotten over on a cop; he'd have slid up to one of those fine ass young chicks heading to the show, all calm like, and started having a few.

Sometimes, there are lessons to be learned, even at the back of the Boston Garden under the weight of a beatin'. My brother was then turned loose, and felt like he made out like a bandit. And he did. I'd have paid a fat bribe on more than a few occasions in my misspent youth, to exchange a thumping in an alley for the unfortunate prize I won behind door number 3...

Ah, to be young.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You know not of what you speak regarding my level of experience. I could tell you some stories.

Like what?

That's all they'll be....stories.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Mac84

Like what?

That's all they'll be....stories.

Not sure here. He's got nunchucks, y'know!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by NH K9

Nice deflection, but all too typical. Your original post, which I quoted, spoke to police officers. My respnse was that I was the norm in regards to policing in my AO and that actual experience backed my opinions. The entire discussion was in regards to policing. Your reply; "You know not of what you speak regarding my level of experience. I could tell you some stories." implies, on its face, that you have experience in said field.
Your actual words, in full context, are permanently recorded just a few posts ago. Who do you think you're fooling? laugh My response was to those, not to your post hoc rewrite. Quit playing children's games.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Quit stalling, Hawk, and tell us some of those stories.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Chicks can't drive.

Exactly.

This. That was a miserable excuse for driving.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

OK, this one time, at band camp .... Damn, the phone's ringing ... hold on.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

OK, this one time, at band camp .... Damn, the phone's ringing ... hold on.

A 43-minute phone call?

Come on. You said you had stories that would impress George, an experienced LEO.

Impress George and you'll probably impress me.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hawk gonna give you guys some "Once upon a times".....

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When that's all you have.....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

He was almost a cop, back in the day, so he would have had some stories.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
From where did the idea originate that, unless one is or has been a cop, one hasn't, in NH's words, experienced the "real world," but (to use his words further) has only engaged in "academic masturbation from the safety of [one's] living room/office/classroom." Nothing better illustrates, I suppose, the arrogance cop work infuses in one. And they wonder why folks increasingly resent them. smirk

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That wheeler had some grunt.

Unless he was driving reckless, trespassing, damaging property, someone called to complain, etc... no reason to stop him. Looked like a pretty rural 2 lane to me.

As was said, don't know too many people that haven't run from the police a time or two.

Its really funny when the cop on a Harley tries to catch you on the power line trails riding a YZ125. It took that fella a while to pick his bike up on that steep slope he lost it on. I'm pretty sure he puked.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From where did the idea originate that, unless one is or has been a cop, one hasn't, in NH's words, experienced the "real world," but (to use his words further) has only engaged in "academic masturbation from the safety of [one's] living room/office/classroom." Nothing better illustrates, I suppose, the arrogance cop work infuses in one. And they wonder why folks increasingly resent them. smirk

Blah, blah, blah.......you said you had stories. Guess now it's safe to say you're a liar.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He was almost a cop, back in the day, so he would have had some stories.

That makes him "the story".

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
He outran her, huh? Whoopdee doo. Someone like that'd have to practically want to get caught in those conditions, knowing the area as he seemed to. He did almost lose it on that one jump in someone's yard, I noticed, but it looked like to me that he knew from jump he'd not get caught--by her, anyway.

Back in the bad old days, we'd flee from John E. Law on a like, weekly basis. Not for anything truly criminal, but they frowned heavily on kids in the city gathering and drinking and, well, y'know, being wise-asses. Since none of us wanted to get cuffed, stuffed and roughed--or even worse, brought home to your old man--when they came, we'd bolt every single time.

A few of the chases we led them on in cars and on foot, with us always on foot, were the stuff legends were made of. Some epic fails in there too. wink For most of the mob I ran with, rare was the day someone would actually get pinched.

But then, you know and area well, with rooftops, alleys, apartment complex basements, subway tunnels, fences, tracks and backyards... Unless you're too damned drunk to run, or have a really speedy, or determined cop (or both!), the runners always had the upper hand in the inner city. By far.

Not proud of wasting their time, or making a bloody nuisance--and then some-- of ourselves, but hey, that was then, and I've grown up a bit since then. Now I just occasionally pour booze in my eyes to self-punish. I think.

wink

I don't think I've ever known anybody that didn't run from the cops. At least a few times.

Thank God we were able to dodge all those bullets and murderous po-po!

Travis

Right. Though not in the least at the time, in '86 or so my brother was unceremoniously abducted by BPD, and taken behind the Boston Garden loading docks. His offence? Being a dikkhead.

After the boys there rolled up on a few dozen of we boyscouts on a downtown corner waiting on a bus on our way to a Jethro Tull show in Worcester, they advised folks to dump any booze and eat any hooch, as they'd gotten a few complaints. If they had to come back, well, 'smarten the fahk up' was the general warning. Fair enough. As they rolled off in two cruisers, my brother, trying to show off, exposed a liter of 151 Bacardi he had hidden down the back of his jacket to a few mates. Unfortunately for my soon-to-be-tenderized brother, one of the cops saw him in the side view mirror as they were pulling out without really breaking nuts. Well, there's always one dumbass!

Hammered him, cuffed, with batons, fists and boots for a few, then asked him if he thought what he'd done was worth it. The obvious answer spewed forth. My brother was told something like, "a smaht punk wouldn't have tried to show off that he'd gotten over on a cop; he'd have slid up to one of those fine ass young chicks heading to the show, all calm like, and started having a few.

Sometimes, there are lessons to be learned, even at the back of the Boston Garden under the weight of a beatin'. My brother was then turned loose, and felt like he made out like a bandit. And he did. I'd have paid a fat bribe on more than a few occasions in my misspent youth, to exchange a thumping in an alley for the unfortunate prize I won behind door number 3...

Ah, to be young.

I grew up in the country and suburbs. But when we would go downtown I minded my P's and Q's. Chicago cops are not to be [bleep] with.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner
That wheeler had some grunt.

Unless he was driving reckless, trespassing, damaging property, someone called to complain, etc... no reason to stop him. Looked like a pretty rural 2 lane to me.

As was said, don't know too many people that haven't run from the police a time or two.

Its really funny when the cop on a Harley tries to catch you on the power line trails riding a YZ125. It took that fella a while to pick his bike up on that steep slope he lost it on. I'm pretty sure he puked.

I remember racing against one of my sisters dates. He had brand new 5.0 and I had a nice shiny KX80 my father bought for me. After blowing his doors off I thought 'NOBODY could catch me on this thing'. Turned out I was right... grin

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

Laffin'! There you go again (still) with the twisting and dodging. Most have come to expect nothing less, though. That is why, for me, you have next to no credibility. Here is my entire quote:

"Your attempt at being smug amuses me, but it's pointless. The fact is, I'm representative of the vast majority of LEOs in my AO. I know that must stick in your craw, but it's the simple truth.

Experience backs up my words, but I know that's a concept you're not familiar with. It's much easier, and safer, to eperience academic masturbation from the safety of your living room/office/classroom.

Damn that real world....."

That doesn't state, or even imply, that one has to be a cop to experience the "real world". There are those that will never see a uniform that are much more experienced than I will ever be.

Note the words "you", "you're" and "your", please. Those might be a hint.....

Plenty of guys on here have actually met me (that real world thing again). The majority aren't cops. Ask any of them if arrogance is an adjective they would use about my personality.

Your smug, dodging manner that draws nothing from actually doing something is indicative of the modern day academic. And they wonder why folks increasingly resent and have no use for them. smirk

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 17 of 23 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.