Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
From where did the idea originate that, unless one is or has been a cop, one hasn't, in NH's words, experienced the "real world," but (to use his words further) has only engaged in "academic masturbation from the safety of [one's] living room/office/classroom." Nothing better illustrates, I suppose, the arrogance cop work infuses in one. And they wonder why folks increasingly resent them. smirk

You told George there were stories you could tell. The context of your statement strongly implied that they'd be really good stories.

It's not nice to tease. Let's have a couple.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by tjm10025
From where did the idea originate that, unless one is or has been a cop, one hasn't, in NH's words, experienced the "real world," but (to use his words further) has only engaged in "academic masturbation from the safety of [one's] living room/office/classroom." Nothing better illustrates, I suppose, the arrogance cop work infuses in one. And they wonder why folks increasingly resent them. smirk

You told George there were stories you could tell. The context of your statement strongly implied that they'd be really good stories.

Stop being so damned insistant.....he is just taking his time so that he can use the net to research the facts on someone Else's story.

...and then pass it off as his own particular brand of bull.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Stop being so damned insistant.....he is just taking his time so that he can use the net to research the facts on someone Else's story.

...and then pass it off as his own particular brand of bull.
You guys are so impatient. Alright, I started the one about that one time ... in band camp ... Oh damn, it's the phone again. Wait here, I'll be right back.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
George make me look arrogant by comparison for Pete's sake. A very laid back guy IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll chime in that I've met a few of the LEO's here - and "arrogant" is simply not an appropriate adjective. To a man they are great, down to earth guys. The guys who stick in the job, dealing with the stress, drama, and danger tend to be people of well balanced personality.

If the guy in the video is smart enough to not brag about it we'll never know why he did it - whether it was fear of getting caught, thrill seeking - or maybe he was wanted for serious crimes. Maybe he was simply riding the ATV to the gas station and was angered that he might get a ticket or worse for a minor infraction. He took a huge risk and beat the odds, but it was still a stupid risk.

I've seen traffic policing in North Carolina that was overly aggressive - warning people for going 57 in a 55, for example, but the vast majority of the time, police are reasonable. If you have police that are abusing power - threatening to confiscate ATV's that are driving on a road 1/2 a mile to gas station, then it's time to man up, take your evidence to a public forum like a city council or county board meeting, and hold people accountable, not engage in dangerous whimsical protests.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I'll chime in that I've met a few of the LEO's here - and "arrogant" is simply not an appropriate adjective. To a man they are great, down to earth guys. The guys who stick in the job, dealing with the stress, drama, and danger tend to be people of well balanced personality.

I dunno, Pat. I'm pretty sure this one's got a mean streak a mile wide. If'n you catch him when he's not fishing, hunting, shooting or napping, I hear he can be as nasty as a damned snake. eek whistle grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The police have no idea of the gut wrenching feeling that being stopped engenders in the average person.

Guess I must have been lucky, even here in the big city.

Mostly when I get stopped I'm interested to meet the officer, but then I most often get/got stopped for speeding. I am kind of curious why I dont get pulled over more often, the way I drive. Must be all them motorcycle years has made me into a skilled speeder.

Last two times all I got is warnings.

Anyhoo... the last time I spoke to a Cop was just last night, 700 miles away from here at a sobriety checkpoint. Had a pleasant, if brief conversation abouot the merits of Glocks.

YMMV,

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Cops", at least around my way, don't bother so much with bikes and alot of cops are bikers anyway.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"Cops", at least around my way, don't bother so much with bikes and alot of cops are bikers anyway.

Ya, except that most of my driving nowadays is on four wheels. I'd guess one just gets better at speeding is all.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

I dunno, Pat. I'm pretty sure this one's got a mean streak a mile wide. If'n you catch him when he's not fishing, hunting, shooting or napping, I hear he can be as nasty as a damned snake. eek whistle grin

[Linked Image]

He drives pitbulls crazy, too...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you want arrogance just go back to the thread where you tell rasuil to get his jd and then you'll talk.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9

Laffin'! There you go again (still) with the twisting and dodging. Most have come to expect nothing less, though. That is why, for me, you have next to no credibility. Here is my entire quote:

"Your attempt at being smug amuses me, but it's pointless. The fact is, I'm representative of the vast majority of LEOs in my AO. I know that must stick in your craw, but it's the simple truth.

Experience backs up my words, but I know that's a concept you're not familiar with. It's much easier, and safer, to eperience academic masturbation from the safety of your living room/office/classroom.

Damn that real world....."

That doesn't state, or even imply, that one has to be a cop to experience the "real world". There are those that will never see a uniform that are much more experienced than I will ever be.

Note the words "you", "you're" and "your", please. Those might be a hint.....

Plenty of guys on here have actually met me (that real world thing again). The majority aren't cops. Ask any of them if arrogance is an adjective they would use about my personality.

Your smug, dodging manner that draws nothing from actually doing something is indicative of the modern day academic. And they wonder why folks increasingly resent and have no use for them. smirk

But but but he saw it on YouTube or read about......
The shuck and jive is par for the hawkee course. So is hypocrisy.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

We know you haven't experienced the real world other than in a drug induced haze lingering from your hippie days. Enlighten us more on your answers to the worlds problems from the safety of your keyboard...probably the same place you pedophile teachers get into chat rooms to solicit young kids. I saw that on the news. Same place I saw another HS teacher took a student to a hotel for the night and another, in his 50's was involved in a love story (according to his attorney) with a 16 year old student. True story. You teachers disgust me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by M1Garand

We know you haven't experienced the real world other than in a drug induced haze lingering from your hippie days. Enlighten us more on your answers to the worlds problems from the safety of your keyboard...probably the same place you pedophile teachers get into chat rooms to solicit young kids. I saw that on the news. Same place I saw another HS teacher took a student to a hotel for the night and another, in his 50's was involved in a love story (according to his attorney) with a 16 year old student. True story. You teachers disgust me.

Umm, mate.....that is one hell of a generalization there!.....not all teachers are peds, the same as not all blokes are rapists.

You may want to save the vitriol for the filth that actually are guilty.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Umm, mate.....that is one hell of a generalization there!.....not all teachers are peds, the same as not all blokes are rapists.

JEEZE, ya think? crazy Well said.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
amazing, the abuse some folks take, just to get some attention. At some point though, you would think a bit of STFU would come into play.

Sam......

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

He drives pitbulls crazy, too...

grin

Yeah, he does that too. wink

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

I thought teachers made their "bones" by bagging a sophomore....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sgt217

I thought teachers made their "bones" by bagging a sophomore....

That's a good one..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You mean not ALL teachers rape their students???? I figured if a few did, they all did. Isn't that what you do TRH? Sterotype based on a few? I assumed this also applied to your profession.....

Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 1_deuce, 52 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,542
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.