Now we're cookin....

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by NH K9
A cop, for instance, can murder an innocent in broad daylight without transgressing Department Policy and never lose a day's pay;

I'll be damned....I thought there was a statute in NH that specifically covered the use of force by a LEO! It's not like our Attorney General would love nothing better than to hang a cop to further his political career...... whistle .

You, and TRH apparently, need to find a new area to live in if your cops are murdering "innocents".

George

Please don't act as though you've never heard of it. Lon Horiuchi murdered Vicki Weaver and got a medal for it. He probably also murdered a number of Branch Davidians, and never lost a day's pay. David Hawn murdered 11-year-old Alberto Sepulveda, with a shotgun, as he lay on the floor with his hands on his head, and was cleared. Many police have killed people with Tasers. I have a whole file of these things, which it costs me in blood pressure to re-read. It happens. As long as the cops follow Department Policy, the murder is justified by their superiors and excused as accidental, or necessary for Officer Safety, or some other such BS pap that wouldn't stand for two seconds if it came from somebody other than a cop.

I don't think many government-school teachers have gotten away with raping students by claiming that they were just following Department Policy.

Government-school teachers are merely annoying; cops are frickin' dangerous.

Never you mind the fact that you should be glad you've never had to walk a mile in their shoes, or make the decisions they have to make life or death, in milliseconds.

And never mind the fact that you paint all police for what a few may have done.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Any jury's involved with these mass cover-ups ?

If I posted a link, you'd accuse me of cherry-picking. Look 'em up.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't that an art form for you ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Never you mind the fact that you should be glad you've never had to walk a mile in their shoes, or make the decisions they have to make life or death, in milliseconds.

Is your argument that folks with difficult jobs should be allowed to kill people?

Because my job can be pretty darned difficult at times, and it's the very rare cop who would be able to do it.

And never mind the fact that you paint all police for what a few may have done.....

The thing about cops is that unless you're personally acquainted with the cop in question--and probably sometimes not even then--you have no idea whether the cop in front of you is a decent cop or a dirty cop.

Would you accept a gun from somebody you didn't know, who claimed the chamber was empty, put it to your head, and pull the trigger? Of course not: that could get you killed.

So can dealing in good faith with cops you don't know.

Hence my philosophy, articulated earlier in this thread. There's no telling what a cop will do, so it's best to maintain maximum control over what the cop can do. Part of that is never consenting to a search; part of it is not talking to a cop; part of it is stopping at a place of your choosing rather than a place of the cop's choosing; part of it is never letting a cop see inside your house; and there are other parts that would be really stupid to post on a public message board.

Nothing personal is intended. Not all cops are dirty cops; but enough of them are that there's a definite possibility you'll meet one at least once in your life. It's a lot easier to come back from an encounter with a dirty government teacher than it is to come back from one with a dirty cop. So hey, I'm sorry if I make your job more difficult; but it's just your job. It's my life. If only one of us can go home to his wife at the end of the evening, it should be fairly easy to predict where my preferences lie.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you had a really hot wife, would you trust your close friends (assuming you have any that aren't incarcerated) to be around her while away on a business trip, or would you rather total strangers be in her company.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by NH K9
A cop, for instance, can murder an innocent in broad daylight without transgressing Department Policy and never lose a day's pay;

I'll be damned....I thought there was a statute in NH that specifically covered the use of force by a LEO! It's not like our Attorney General would love nothing better than to hang a cop to further his political career...... whistle .

You, and TRH apparently, need to find a new area to live in if your cops are murdering "innocents".

George

Please don't act as though you've never heard of it. Lon Horiuchi murdered Vicki Weaver and got a medal for it. He probably also murdered a number of Branch Davidians, and never lost a day's pay. David Hawn murdered 11-year-old Alberto Sepulveda, with a shotgun, as he lay on the floor with his hands on his head, and was cleared. Many police have killed people with Tasers. I have a whole file of these things, which it costs me in blood pressure to re-read. It happens. As long as the cops follow Department Policy, the murder is justified by their superiors and excused as accidental, or necessary for Officer Safety, or some other such BS pap that wouldn't stand for two seconds if it came from somebody other than a cop.

I don't think many government-school teachers have gotten away with raping students by claiming that they were just following Department Policy.

Government-school teachers are merely annoying; cops are frickin' dangerous.

I bet you can't read all those articles three times tonight. While your reading them think of all the mean things the police are going to do in the future.

Oh and don't your meds in the morning. It will be better that way.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got to admit, I really enjoy thinking about the absolute torture and terror barak goes through just living every minute of his life.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember when he almost sounded lucid years ago. He hasn't made an intelligent argument/point in quite some time now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you had a really hot wife, would you trust your close friends (assuming you have any that aren't incarcerated) to be around her while away on a business trip, or would you rather total strangers be in her company.

She has a gun and knows how to use it; I wouldn't be concerned about her in almost anybody's company.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

She has a gun and knows how to use it; I wouldn't be concerned about her in almost anybody's company.

Didn't ask about trusting her

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I can't find any Armenians, but was thinking about shaking down some Amish or Harikrishna's. Might not be a money train, but them phugger's gotta have a money buggy or something!

A Money Buggy?

That's a classic right there. Let's get some Amish machine guns and take that [bleep] down!

I'm in. laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DINK
I bet you can't read all those articles three times tonight. While your reading them think of all the mean things the police are going to do in the future.

Dink

Don't worry: I expect the likes of you to take the issue of cops killing innocents lightly. I'm a little surprised that you didn't make a crude joke about it.

Sometimes I wish that people like you had enough imagination to be able to see what's eventually going to start happening if the current course continues. Other times I think it'll probably work out better, all told, if you're surprised by it.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DINK

Dink

Don't worry: I expect the likes of you to take the issue of cops killing innocents lightly. I'm a little surprised that you didn't make a crude joke about it.

Sometimes I wish that people like you had enough imagination to be able to see what's eventually going to start happening if the current course continues. Other times I think it'll probably work out better, all told, if you're surprised by it.

All those mean things posted and I only ask you to read a few articles so you could enlighten us.....

I think there will be a surprise but it won't be the one you wasted your whole life dreaming about.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Escape From the Hutterites Colony" staring Kurt Russell.

It's a multi-million movie that I'm laying claim to.

Rattlesnake Plissken ... it's got a ring to it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Okay, I wouldn't be concerned about anybody else in her company either. Either they'd behave themselves, in which case everything would be as it should, or she'd make them wish they had, in which case everything would be as it should.

She's a classy lady, but she has a reputation for definite limits. Her coworkers told me once about how she ran a drunk out of a restaurant bar when he started giving the bartender lip for cutting him off. I wasn't there, but it sounded pretty impressive, and she didn't need the gun for that one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Barak's Women Escapes from ... " ... Co-starring Kurt Russell.

It's another classic in the making. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Okay, I wouldn't be concerned about anybody else in her company either. Either they'd behave themselves, in which case everything would be as it should, or she'd make them wish they had, in which case everything would be as it should.

She's a classy lady, but she has a reputation for definite limits. Her coworkers told me once about how she ran a drunk out of a restaurant bar when he started giving the bartender lip for cutting him off. I wasn't there, but it sounded pretty impressive, and she didn't need the gun for that one.

You trust her. I understood that three posts ago. Maybe you should get some rest.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
You could get Gary Busey (post accident) to play Barak..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You trust her. I understood that three posts ago. Maybe you should get some rest.

Maybe I missed your point. Can you try it again?

Page 20 of 23 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 14,495 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,166
Posts18,542,939
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.