Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Let Betty White age a couple more years and she could play the "leading lady".. grin

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You hate most (99.99999%) cops. People you know (if cops) would be trusted even less based solely on your disdain for cops. Takes on a life form for you. You wax on and on about all these atrocities committed by cops and paint them all with the same ugly brush. Do you hate surgeons who cut into healthy bodies for greed or prestige and think they suck equally ? You really go into prisons and "preach the word of God" ? Wow..!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know. It's a life form for them too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK.

We got "Escape From the Hutterites Colony" starring Kurt Russell and Barak's Woman. She's tired of pluckin' gooses and will do anything to get out ... and she does. laugh

They have to hijack a "money buggy" in order to have enough barter for Amish machine guns to totally blow away the Elders : ala The Matrix.

Barak has a minor role as the "English" who helps put it all together.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot about Gary Busey.

He's the head whacko elder.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Betty White is Gary's wife.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDFinn
You hate most (99.99999%) cops.

I don't hate any cops. I don't hate rattlesnakes, I don't hate leeches, heck--I don't even hate politicians. There's no percentage in it; it doesn't pay.

But I'm careful around cops, because they're dangerous.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even with pause on your side, you can't muster honesty.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Barak

Now you know how the rest of the world feels when they converse with you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
+1. Sad little man.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by fish head
"Barak's Women Escapes from ... " ... Co-starring Kurt Russell.

It's another classic in the making. grin

Barak IS Snake Pliskin? Whoa!

lol

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Don't bother Travis....he still won't understand if you kick it down his throat.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You obviously have no idea about a lot of things.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't recall reading any hatred of police on *this* thread

A general distrust, an acknowledgement its a thankless job, questionable comparisons between professions, ridiculous assertions and assumptions, yes,

but not hatred.

I think everyone recognizes there is a need for the police - but it also comes with the caveat that as citizens we are allowed to question the judgement of those that wear the badge. That is true of just about every public servant. We question politicians, teachers, heck even firemen (remember letting the guys house burn down because he let a yearly fee slip?). Policemen are no exception. It doesn't need to be said, but unlike the other professions, the police have the capacity to detain, incarcerate, hurt, maim or even take your life. When citizens see the police acting out in a manner that is questionable - in this case, a pursuit that appears to endanger the public at large more than protect them then they take note of that.

When citizens see a policeman turn on his siren only to realize he did it to get around traffic, when they hear of cops letting other cops off for off duty offenses, when they see police using tasers , not in place of a gun or a baton but as a means of compliance because they have replaced the taser with their capacity for patience, when we see them take away video cameras for filming them do their job - if the power is abused at any level, it creates a barrier, a slippery slope of trust.

And vehemently defending police actions many in the general citizenry don't approve of in a blanket attempt to defend all LEO's only hurts the situation.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/09/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA

A general distrust, an acknowledgement its a thankless job, questionable comparisons between professions, ridiculous assertions and assumptions, yes,

but not hatred.

I think everyone recognizes there is a need for the police - but it also comes with the caveat that as citizens we are allowed to question the judgement of those that wear the badge. That is true of just about every public servant. We question politicians, teachers, heck even firemen (remember letting the guys house burn down because he let a yearly fee slip?). Policemen are no exception. It doesn't need to be said, but unlike the other professions, the police have the capacity to detain, incarcerate, hurt, maim or even take your life. When citizens see the police acting out in a manner that is questionable - in this case, a pursuit that appears to endanger the public at large more than protect them then they take note of that.

When citizens see a policeman turn on his siren only to realize he did it to get around traffic, when they hear of cops letting other cops off for off duty offenses, when they see police using tasers , not in place of a gun or a baton but as a means of compliance because they have replaced the taser with their capacity for patience, when we see them take away video cameras for filming them do their job - if the power is abused at any level, it creates a barrier, a slippery slope of trust.

And vehemently defending police actions many in the general citizenry don't approve of in a blanket attempt to defend all LEO's only hurts the situation.
Well said.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Travis

Don't bother Travis....he still won't understand if you kick it down his throat.

I'm aware. There are few things more annoying than a drama queen that sucks his own cock.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

but not hatred.

True enough.

I think everyone recognizes there is a need for the police - but it also comes with the caveat that as citizens we are allowed to question the judgement of those that wear the badge.

Some of us believe there's no need for government police, that private police would do the job better and more efficiently and there'd be much less trouble with the public.

But the job needs doing, yes.

When citizens see the police acting out in a manner that is questionable - in this case, a pursuit that appears to endanger the public at large more than protect them then they take note of that.

Yup, although the cop chasing the motorcyclist for popping a wheelie did much more dangerous things than this one.

You mean, "replaced their capacity for patience with the Taser," right?

Yep. Same general mechanism as a group desperately trying outlaw a behavior the majority of the population sees no harm in, such as smoking marijuana.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know you're generation would have ran that [bleep] off the road, and beat him with a PR-24, but our generation decided he will be just fine and dandy the way he is.

Are you proud of us?

Travis

Yeah, proud of most of you guys that have to mess with no tellin' how many weirdos and just plain idiots but have to wonder about a bunch of the unaware PC types that brew up a lot of the goofy rules.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn...all this time I coulda been makin' the rules?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Some of us believe there's no need for government police, that private police would do the job better and more efficiently and there'd be much less trouble with the public.

But the job needs doing, yes."

So, Barak, should your wife get mugged, who you gonna call? Some private cop? Gonna have one on standby all the time? Ya need to come face to face with what is real and what is not, man.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (163bc, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 1,800 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,106
Posts18,522,502
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.