Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
IIRC Winkleman got busted moving drugs,..

Nah, he got busted for using two-way radios to assist in his hunt.

Ahh - stand corrected. I seem to remember someone from my youth watching outdoor shows getting caught with cocaine in a walleye from Canada.

Me

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I think they are just like every other tree-stand, TV-bow-show deer baiters, I mean "growers"....

Here's hoping the DNR enforces their regulations. Usually when they do, these "good people" sell and leave, especially the "resident" hunters who don't live here.

Of course another always replaces them.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by HawkI
"In particular, most of their whitetail hunts are recorded close to home, where their land is managed to attract and keep big deer with big racks. All together, about 400 of their 3,000 acres is planted in dozens of food plots. There are feeders, too." http://www.thehawkeye.com/print/Lakosky-033008

"�Bait� means grain, fruit, vegetables, nuts,
hay, salt, mineral blocks, or any other natural food
materials, commercial products containing natural
food materials, or by-products of such materials
transported to or placed in an area for the purpose of
attracting wildlife. Bait does not include food placed
during normal agricultural activities."
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

I get pretty tired of the double standards that abound in this state when "dreamers" get their property and are allowed to tip toe besides the game laws.

So should we just outlaw farmers growing corn? confused Outlaw anybody that sits on a cut corn field? confused They dont own the only corn fields in Iowa so why would you single them out? Lots of people hunt agriculture so to hear you bitch about "double standards" and singling them out is a bit ironic dont you think?

Lots of people hunt agriculture. Now you're telling me their farmers? GMAFB.
I live here, and I don't see "farmers" with feeders when thousands of acres of crops exist, more ground than cover.

You're pissed because they are doing exactly what the regs state they shouldn't and their reasons for planting "agriculture" and setting up feeders isn't to take the "corn" to the coop, its to attract deer. BIG diff.

I'll single every one of those azzwholes out baiting animals here.
I'm sure they're "good people", but singling them out, hardly. Every [bleep] with some ground, a lick, a feeder, TV camera and a bow does the same [bleep]. They didn't invent this wheel, so pardon me for having them pegged.

I'm sure there's no corn planted anywhere around them, its just that really big deer just like "good people" in treestands....gotta be it.

Last edited by HawkI; 08/19/12.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by edk
Back in 1971 (before silicone ) i dated a girl with 44 d's so don't say all the bigguns are fake. By the way they are now 44 extra longs. ED K
When I was 19 I dated a girl with 44s.Ten years later I was walking down the hospital hall as they rolled her out of post-op. I walked along beside her and we talked old times. After she was in her room and everyone else had left, she pulled up her top to show me her new 38DDs. Said the 44s were too heavy.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
I think I read that ackley stated they (lakowski) came onto his (ackley's) property and took one of his deer stands down and posted up a bitchin butt-hurt sign beside another stand near a fenceline.

maybe that got lost in the 1000word commercial of
how freakinly awesomely skilled hunters they are.
Just about anybody could "look like" an awesome hunter on 1800 acres of private ground with 400 acres of food plots and dozens of feeders and tree stands. Put them on public ground in Northern Maine and let them rack up numbers of huge bucks like the Benoits do and then they''ll have earned the title of "awesomely skilled hunters". Until then, not so much.

Last edited by Blackheart; 08/19/12.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by huntsonora

I did not miss that and I almost called the guy on it. I'll address this here. First of all, if you met anybody associated with that show you would know that this did not happen. They are great people and I would bet the farm that they did not steal anything from anybody. Theft of property is serious business and is something not to be taken lightly. Let me ask you guys this; if you had a hunting show and were supplied as many treestands as you needed to use on that show as an agreement with advertisers would you ever steal another mans treestand? Yeah, me neither. NOBODY would risk what they have built to "steal" a cheap ass treestand. They wouldnt steal it if they didnt have a show, they are not those kind of people. That guy that accused them of that on a public message board is full of it.

I could see someone taking the stand down and leaving a note. I HAVE seen this on public land in WI. There was a note nailed to a tree asking the hunter to remove his stand because the landowner thought it was too close to the prop. line and said the hunter was hunting his land as well as public.

I could see something like that being put on the tree of the private guy. Not saying that's what happened, I'm saying I could see that scenario very easily.

My father in law also had a grumpy old neighboring landowner drop trees (on his own land) so my father in law couldn't see past his property down the logging road that was there. Same neighbor also confronted him about hunting in that spot. He was 50 yards into his own property. People do goofy stuff for "their" deer. That is the crappy part of hunting.

That said, I do enjoy the Lee and Tiffany show's.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just met someone not to long ago that said the land they live/hunt/manage in Iowa belongs to a well to do relative? They lease it I guess?

Anyways... I used to enjoy the show when they were just starting out, but it went down hill after a few years. They used to film each other and it was a pretty decent show.

Now they've got this camera man and that, filming her shopping (who cares). And the way most of they shows are, they've got a 100 stands and 200 cameras out.

Yeah, that's practical for 99% of us. And how many people out there can actually say they can watch a deer grow up and mature on their land? It'd sure be nice, but it's far from reality for the vast majority of us.

Life is just one damned thing after another
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
IIRC Winkleman got busted moving drugs,..

Nah, he got busted for using two-way radios to assist in his hunt.

I don't know if he got busted for moving them or not, but The Babe's drug use is quite talked about in these parts. I've met him a few times and took him to be a real nice guy. Some people don't think he is...different strokes I guess.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hunting/fishing shows are all the same boring and lots of advertisement........nothing more.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Huntsonora,
Thanks for addressing that. I wish i had friends like you. Most of my friends would stay quiet until there was proof it was a lie. You're a good friend to those people. Good on you.

I will say that money, fame and deer do some weird things to people. I won't and don't judge them on what ackley said on here, I just know what big deer and money can do to folks. Too bad they arent on here to defend the actions of whoever took the stand or didnt take the stand. I can see a outfit taking the stand for its location rather than need, but i can also see a bitter person saying it out of spite. Guess we will never know the truth. Guess thats how it goes. I am neutral regardless and like the show for her and seeing big bucks get smoked whether a canned hunt or not.
Can we all move on and you guys start posting pics? Lol

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
If someone had stolen my stand, it was on my property, and I had proof who had done it I would have pressed charges. Did you file a police report?

S
SHW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I still think Nicole Jones is more fun to watch.

http://www.drivenhunter.com/page/team/nicole-jones

Maybe it is just me.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by lubbockdave
who is this?

One Dang ugly gal!!

AKA: Jocelyn Wildenstein
Debbie Wasserman Schultz ???

Slumlord,

I can understand your confusion but remember when they get that ugly they all start to look alike. laugh

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SHW
I still think Nicole Jones is more fun to watch.

http://www.drivenhunter.com/page/team/nicole-jones

Maybe it is just me.

No man, it ain't just you.
grin

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Just about anybody could "look like" an awesome hunter on 1800 acres of private ground with 400 acres of food plots and dozens of feeders and tree stands. Put them on public ground in Northern Maine and let them rack up numbers of huge bucks like the Benoits do and then they''ll have earned the title of "awesomely skilled hunters". Until then, not so much. [/quote]

Ya nailed it!! I have always said , go to northern Minn, Upper Mich or northern Wisconsin a mile off the road on public land like I've been hunting 25 years. Then let see what hunting skills they have. I don't believe for a minute they are much of hunters. I might get ripped for it but sure it's true. It doesn't take much if ya got 3,000 ac. of locked up land and 5 generations of steroids in an Iowa's bucks genetics to get big horns. They most likely are all but tame deer too, used to pickups, atv's and of course food plots with tons of 30% protein food. It is for very good reason these shows never air on big chunks of public land. I go all season and see half what they do in a morning. Also, she is not that hot. She has implants and I don't think she is even a blonde. I saw many women today that " Tiffy" had nothing on them. Always remember, they are " nice people' but they are making money off everyone who crosses their path. Make no mistake "Tiffy" is just eye candy for the show and there to make MONEY!! I have no respect for any of these show stars. They portray hunting that is not close to 99 % of the average hunting experience. I see more reality in the Bachelorette show than on the hunting shows I've watched , that ain't much.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I fixed that stress along time ago..I don't watch any "Hunting or Fishing "shows on TV,none of them ever compared to I have seen or done in the "woods and water" myself...even Africa was different.
She has breast and that's about it for me....

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ihookem

I see more reality in the Bachelorette show than on the hunting shows I've watched , that ain't much.

Dude, You just admitted you watch the Bacheloette show! Man there gonna make fun of you now. grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by ihookem

I see more reality in the Bachelorette show than on the hunting shows I've watched , that ain't much.

Dude, You just admitted you watch the Bacheloette show! Man there gonna make fun of you now. grin

you may be right, I don't think I would have said that...

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColdBore
Originally Posted by fluffy
heres some pics.

tiffany

/

Dude! You have a whole Photobucket album of her?? shocked

That's a bit creepy....
its not my photobucket account.I just found it.
I thought it was hers.
for the record,Ive seen their show a few times.thats about it.

Last edited by fluffy; 08/19/12.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have been on hunts with some of the celebs mentioned above and others as well...been doing it for the last 25 years. Most are down to earth, good folks. But there are some that will take whatever "shortcut" they can find to get that big buck on the ground and on the tube. They ruin it for all the other good folks. The celeb fishermen on TV put the hunters to shame in that department!

BTW: did you know one of the guys on the tube is as gay as a football bat! Has been for ages! Another very very prominent writer/celeb hunter is suspected of the same.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,791
Posts18,477,334
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.