Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
John,

As Jerry's tutoral shows, the easiest way is to aim the scope with Reticle Tru at a light, align the reticle as close as you can. Then, move your head to the left and get the verticle part of the reticle aligned with the edge of the slit. Then try it on the other side. It's not hard, even with 60+ yr old eyes, to align two parallel lines very precisely.

And, as shown on a previous post, I put blue painters tape in the "V" of the tool. With a shiny finished scope the Delrin was too slick and it wouldn't hold postion. The tape added just enough friction to make it work. On matte finished scopes, there didn't seem to be a problem.

This tool does save some serious time and aggrivation getting the reticle aligned just right.

And, I've noticed some factory rifles with the scope screw holes, canted off center. You'd think they'd have a jig to drill those without error. I have one now that I'm going to have to redrill to make it right.

DF

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I received an email from Jerry. He has his web site up and running with the capacity to take credit card orders. He has a batch of the machined Delrin Reticle Tru tools, ready to ship.

Check it out at his site, http://parabola-llc.com/

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Site down for maintenance.

Dying to get my hands on one of these.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
Site down for maintenance.

Dying to get my hands on one of these.

I saw that.

Well, just keep checking in, as Jerry is getting everything ready to rock and roll. Shouldn't be too long, now.

Based on my experience with the Reticle Tru, it's the most innovative and easy to use device of its type on the market.

The wait will be well worth it.

DF

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
+1...just used mine (a prototype) again yesterday to mount a scope. Where has it been all my life? Worth the wait...

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Jerry is quite an artist and innovator. This isn't his first product. I think he out did himself on this one.

And, you're right. It's so simple we tend to ask outselves, why didn't I think of that.

My business partner is fond of saying, "We make it look too easy". I guess one could say the same about Jerry.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been and will be doing the scope shuffle a lot and the Reticle Tru sure produces great results easily.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Web site is up and running, open for business.

http://parabola-llc.com/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ordered, thanks DF.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Keep us posted if a CF group buy/discount becomes available. I like the idea, but $71.00 with shipping is a bit steep, IMO.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agree.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Keep us posted if a CF group buy/discount becomes available. I like the idea, but $71.00 with shipping is a bit steep, IMO.

It isn't cheap, but neither is Delrin or CNC machining. This device is targeted toward the professional and serious hobbiest. Down the road, there may be an injection molded, consumer grade Reticle-Tru that will be less expensive. For now, the professional grade, CNC/Deldrin version is the only one being offered.

I guess it just depends on how many scopes you plan to mount. The busy gunsmith mounting a thousand scopes a year will be amazed at the time it saves and will consider it a money maker. Someone mounting two or three scopes a year, probably not.

I've used mine over a dozen times, swapping scopes around, and I'm convinced I wouldn't want to be without one. Those who have actually used one, based on feedback I've received, have a similar opinion.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 09/02/12.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Understood, I guess. Just seems odd to me to target such a limited audience right out of the gate.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Injection molding for mass production requires a major up front investment. Those dies cost a bunch, although the product can be made much faster and for less. The material used in that process is less expensive than Delrin.

Even though the individual Delrin Reticle-Tru costs more to produce, and is of better quality, CNC machining start up costs are less. The CNC machine has been set up to produce 4 Reticle-Tru tools at a time, so that should increase production.

Jerry does plan to mass produce the tool, but for now, the Delrin version is the only one being offered. I would hope this one would continue to be offered as a professional grade tool even after the injection molded one comes on line. I know I'd rather have the CNC/Delrin tool than an injection molded one.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in the performance automotive industry, and we often make and sell Delrin parts ("we" includes our partner companies in the US) that are CNC machined, and about the same size as the Reticle-Tru, for roughly $30, which is about what I would expect to pay for this tool.

Not criticizing, just trying to give initial feedback on the pricing structure.

I agree with GW that an injection-molded version for roughly 30-50% of the cost of the Delrin model would target a much larger market. Hopefully Jerry can eventually produce such a model.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Delrin machines easy

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Just got this messasge from Jerry. He understands the need for a less expensive tool and offers this.

"For those who want a $20.00 tool--right now they are in luck.

Michael Palmers' patent expired on August 12, 2012. his nephew obtained possession of old inventory, and is now selling them on Ebay:

Just type in Segway Leveler."

Jerry says when this inventory is gone, new productions costs are going to be higher. I'm not familiar with the Segway Leveler, but you may want to check it out on Ebay.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Delrin machines easy

It does but it deburrs miserably without gouging.

No burrs on Jerry's tool.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Just got this messasge from Jerry. He understands the need for a less expensive tool and offers this.

Michael Palmers' patent expired on August 12, 2012. his nephew obtained possession of old inventory, and is now selling them on Ebay:

Jerry says when this inventory is gone, new productions costs are going to be higher. I'm not familiar with the Segway Leveler, but you may want to check it out on Ebay.

DF

The Segway has been around for a long time but it isn't nearly the tool that the Reticle Tru is.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

The Segway has been around for a long time but it isn't nearly the tool that the Reticle Tru is.

Very true. The Reticle-Tru is much better, IMHO, than the Segway Leveler and all other reticle leveling devices currently on the market.

But, it's $20, not $65 plus freight.

For those wanting a low cost tool, Jerry is suggesting this one as a good buy and he thinks the next batch of Segway Levelers will cost more than $20. This is a close out inventory, evidently manufactured some time ago.

DF

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.