Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
from all this discussion, it sounds like the Great Predators, that is meat-eaters are going to be redesigned.

i'm thinking it's going from a two-stranded DNA model to a four or even twelve stranded model.

GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by eyeball
So in the millennium there will be births and deaths but all living creatures will only eat veggies?
That appears to be the case. The Bible really doesn't say much about life during the millennium other than there will be a perfect government with Jesus as it's head. Satan won't be there to screw it up until a short time before it's end when he's turned loose for a while. It's hard to visualize a world without Satan.
Kind of like Heaven, huh, where He rules totally, but no pets or animals? Maybe the millennium would be a more perfect place?confused

Last edited by eyeball; 09/29/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rock Chuck, you do realize that the book of Revelation, where I assume you're pulling your millenialist eschatology from, was written for a persecuted church about 1900 years ago, right? It was written as a book of hope to persecuted Christians. The original writer almost certainly didn't record the vision as a way to predict or dictate what will or will not be in the future, but as a promise of God's kingdom as more powerful than the kingdoms of this earth. Like I said earlier, pretty sure we may differ more than a bit in our theological views, but I am thankful that the body of Christ is big enough and God's love is deep enough for all of us to discuss this in a civil manner. Peace be with you.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well, it does say that Jesus will return and that he will reign for 1000 years here on Earth and that at the end will come the final judgement. That part is in black and white and it hasn't happened yet. It says that Satan will be chained during that time except for a short time at the end when he will be turned loose again. It's for sure that there's never been a time on Earth when Satan hasn't had free reign to work his evil.

God said it and I believe it. The sequence of events before Jesus returns is definitely open to interpretation although only 1 view will prove to be true. The main thing is to be ready if it happens in our lifetimes.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Compare with Isaiah 65. Here it talks about young children. In 65 it talks about birth and death. That won't be happening in heaven. I think these verses are talking about the millenium, not heaven.
Of course it is, and the millennial reign is a type of heaven on earth.

I also mentioned that when God created the animals of the earth He saw it was good, so what was good for earth may be also be good in heaven.

But most importantly, we can trust Him to provide for our needs, so if we might have the same need for animal companions in heaven as we do on the earth, that need will be provided for. If we don't, from being otherwise fulfilled, it won't matter and we will not miss or be aware of the absence. When we come to that point of trust in Him, nothing else matters.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Satan won't be there to screw it up until a short time before it's end when he's turned loose for a while. It's hard to visualize a world without Satan.

I find it even more hard to understand a time when we will be changed to incorruptible. A change I will welcome.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Amen.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by kwg020
When I pass, I want to go over the Rainbow Bridge. I have a couple of good friends there I want to pick up and take with me to my final destination. kwg

+1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RickyD
Satan won't be there to screw it up until a short time before it's end when he's turned loose for a while. It's hard to visualize a world without Satan.

I find it even more hard to understand a time when we will be changed to incorruptible. A change I will welcome.

Amen.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

I also mentioned that when God created the animals of the earth He saw it was good, so what was good for earth may be also be good in heaven.

But most importantly, we can trust Him to provide for our needs, so if we might have the same need for animal companions in heaven as we do on the earth, that need will be provided for. If we don't, from being otherwise fulfilled, it won't matter and we will not miss or be aware of the absence. When we come to that point of trust in Him, nothing else matters.

Amen, and thank you.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ingwe
Steelie: you've heard me say this before no doubt..

but the ONLY thing better than a dog...is two dogs.

Ingwe (Sir),
I follow your reasoning and therefor 3 is better than 2. I'm going to be sure and let Val, Jasmine, and Katie know that. Now, if only I could convince my wife that I truly need the 27 I told her I require to make me happy.

Bruno, Lefty, Lizzie et al. better be in heaven if/when I get there. They did nothing wrong to deserve "the other place".

Geno

PS combo gun section please? Travis/dave/David really wants/needs one. It would give me another way to waste my time enjoy myself. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
We just had a 100 pound Lab arrive at the back porch this morning. He was collared and had a good time playing with our Feist after the initial barking and crotch licking.

If he comes back and hangs around I think the cats will kill us in our sleep.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Now to possibly confuse things, to the Lord, a day is as a thousand years (as we know), so if He will rule here a thousand years, that could be almost an eternity? 1000x365x1000 days of Satan in chains? I know that is not what we are taught. HE did say He didn't make our earthly home in vain.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Animals have a sixth sense about the spiritual/supernatural...

Dog say's... Jesus told me steelie is safe... but Ingwe's [bleep]...

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Compare with Isaiah 65. Here it talks about young children. In 65 it talks about birth and death. That won't be happening in heaven. I think these verses are talking about the millenium, not heaven.

The millenium might be a type of heaven, but it won't be heaven itself. Men will still be born and will die. They will still have failing bodies, although they will be much healthier than now. Isaiah says that if a man dies younger than 100, it will be a calamity.
I'm not saying that there won't be animals in heaven. I'm saying that the Bible doesn't say there will be so it's all conjecture.
It's true that God created animals and then said that it was good. However, he also found it necessary to destroy most of them, along with everything else, in the flood.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
However, he also found it necessary to destroy most of them, along with everything else, in the flood.
The massive size of Naoh's ark was to preserve animal life. Afterall, the animals were relatively innocent and it was His human creation he sought to destroy with the exception of Noah and his family. And He didn't destroy everything. Plants regenerated and marine life was not destroyed.

I know the Bible doesn't tell us animal life will exist in heaven or that it won't, and though it may seem I am leaning toward it will, that's not really the case. If I was to guess, I'd guess not, as the Glory of God will be quite sufficient to captivate our attention, although His Mercy and Grace may allow it.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So Ricky and RC, when the Lord returns next, are the Christians then caught up in the rapture, or does that happen after the millennium?

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by krp
Animals have a sixth sense about the spiritual/supernatural...

Dog say's... Jesus told me steelie is safe... but Ingwe's [bleep]...

[Linked Image]

No worries, Ingwe has a protector now...though his pseudonym is 'Satan'... grin

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Nice!!! redemption is at your doorstep...

Kent

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Ingwe (Sir),
I follow your reasoning and therefor 3 is better than 2. I'm going to be sure and let Val, Jasmine, and Katie know that. Now, if only I could convince my wife that I truly need the 27 I told her I require to make me happy.

Sounds like me, I have three now, and 27 would be just about right, so it wouldnt hurt so much when one passes...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,901
Posts18,518,483
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.