GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hotweatherhunter
Kalispell

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pelican. Mines been around the world a few times and strapped to the front of my raft once. Never had an issue.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
A friend talked me into the Tuff-Pak. I had my rifles inside the case in carry sleeves. At customs I just popped the top and slid out each for verification. I had clothes in there as well so everything traveled well.

I do have the long bag for the Tuff-Pak. It does make packing (and unpacking) easier. People often think it is a display or presentation case, and not a firearm.

I use it as a safe in my room, too, cabled to the heater and locked. Camera and other things are pretty well secured.

"Think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that half of the people are stupider than that" - George Carlin
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I have taken an aluminum double rifle case by Weatherby around the world now traveling out of country once a year for the last ten years and I have never had a damaged rifle or bumped scope, that said the case is got retired last year and I bought a tuffpack to replace it. I strongly considered a pelican or boyt hard case because of their waterproof ability and that was a problem I had with my old aluminum case, things would be damp when I got them back from the airlines and I was afraid if the water froze it could split a stock. I ended up with a tuffpack for a few reasons, traveling with guns is not a hassle free experience and the less attention the better and I have golf stickers on my tuffpack, I like to have nice functional soft case that fits my rifle in camp and that is asking a lot in some camps to have them provide one so I bring my own that have a moisture wicking liner and that works perfect for the tuffpack in most other hard packs you have to pack them separately, being able to use clothing to pad and insulate the guns helps baggage costs, it is easier to bring along multiple guns or add a shotgun in the tuffpack because there is no prefit or cut to fit padding. I think the pelican and boyt hard cases offer better protection and ease of inspection but everything is a trade off and so far I am very happy with the tuffpack, the biggest drawback I have found is accessing the guns at the ticket window, this is not a problem if you pack it with the tuffpack long bag and situate the soft cases and position the zippers so they can be opened from the end but tryit at home before you get to the airport.

IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.