Page 1,008 of 1,842 1 2 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1841 1842
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Chicken-buck shirts are done.

We'll mail em out tomorrow.

Maybe ya could send mine back with the little, brown haired, female deer slayer?

Or the Muffster?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am really looking forward to seeing the shirts.
My homework assignment tonight per my wife is to get acquainted with my new I phone.So much more stuff than the other phone!
I just got thru ordering some 110 grain 30 caliber bullets to reload for my bolt action 30-30's.2761 FPS.Wow!
Did I already mention that I voted Monday?

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Stan,

I've had an iPhone for almost 3 years and I still haven't figured it all out yet. It does waaaaay more than I know how to make it do, but I like it. You probably will too.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So who's taking a newbie out for a snipe hunt Friday night?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by tzone
Stan,

I've had an iPhone for almost 3 years and I still haven't figured it all out yet. It does waaaaay more than I know how to make it do, but I like it. You probably will too.

Our cell contract is up and I was looking at phones yesterday. All I want is a basic phone. Our provider (Cellcom) now only carries 4 basic phones. According to the sales person, the manuafactures have cut way back on basic phones in favor of the smart phones.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That sucks Bill. My boy has a basic phone, I think they call it the rock or something such... casio brand? Anyways, I think "the boy" Justin has one too. They are tough phones, almost boyproof.

They don't float, so if you drop one down the ice fishin hole it's just gone. But they are waterproof so you can call the fishes and have a talk about bait, lure choice, fishing depth etc if you like.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by gophergunner
So who's taking a newbie out for a snipe hunt Friday night?

Haven't pulled that stunt since I was a teenager.

that's funny.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Isn't there actually regs in the MN rule book for them?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Great job there Dave

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes, they are actually a shore bird, about the size of a sparrow, maybe a little bigger with a long beak. some folks shoot them I guess. I've eaten them, not bad.

they can't be taken with a gunny sack and flashlight no matter what call is used, unless it is dark out and spectators have plenty of fluids.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
There is a seperate pre hunt thread on deer hunting with a goofy fun theme to it. I posted this advice in that thread but I'd like to share it here as well.

(read it with your sven and ole voice)

You fellerz make fer sher to remember da little tings now eh?

Buy a dam license why dont'cha eh? And put it in your wallet wit a piece of string or wire eh?

How bout a compass and a flashlight eh? Book a matches and a few bullets too. Clean dem scope lenses eh fellerz? Turn dat big scope down low why dontcha? Check your sling hardware, remember how dat sling swivel squeeked like a sucker last year when you put da creep on dem fresh tracks trew da cedar woods eh? How bout a drop of oil on dat sucker eh? Member da time Muttee's sling broke cause da little screw came out and he bent his scope on dat big rock? Maybe check dem screws eh?

You got dat grunt tube? Keep it inside your 7 layers of clothing eh? So dat reed don't freeze, udderwize you sound like a goose when you toot dat buck horn eh?

You got dat knife sharp eh? How bout put it in your pocket dis year instead of on da table back at camp eh? And a pair of dem slippry little gloves too eh? Keep that deer fluids from drying under yer finner nails.

Member dat time you had to take your belt off to make a choker strap to drag dat skinny neck doe trew da swamp? And den you had dat sagen saw on dat belt but you dropped it in da swamp when you took dat belt off and now it's gone? How bout a new sagen saw and a rope too eh?

And about dat tinks bottle, how bout put it in a zip lock bag dis year before you put in in your pocket eh?

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did when I read it, made me raff out roud, I mean Laff oooot loud

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Sven
You got dat grunt tube? Keep it inside your 7 layers of clothing eh? So dat reed don't freeze, udderwize you sound like a goose when you toot dat buck horn eh?

use fellers dontcha know how many times I goose tooted instead of buckch snorted eh? Dey put dem tails of der's up 'n da after-drive in gear 'n hi tail it over dat clear cut faster den Lena on a apple pie.

Last edited by tzone; 11/01/12.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gradually getting things packed in my rig. Lefsa, chocolate chex mix, and caramel bars made. Don't worry Tom, I will bake more for next weekend too. Any suggestions? laugh

I am headed to mom and dad's this aftenoon. Dad & I are going to shoot our rifles. I am just going to stay there tonight because the folks, Kenna, and I are headed to Chickenbuck in the morning after dad's radiation treatment. By the way, his last treatment is on the 8th, then more tests to see where we go from here. Good luck hunting everyone!!!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lefsa! Do you make your own? Damn, I miss that stuff.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Oh boy!! I am soooo glad to hear about those goodies heading nort eh?

If you talk to Justin, tell him to toss what ever predator call he has in the truck before he heads nort.

Got dat woof tag, might as well try to punch dat tag eh?

Hopefully he has an electronic caller like a foxpro or something.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by BrentD

She do, and it's good stuff.

(don't worry Miss, I won't tell your secret)

wink

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Damn, man, now don't tell me you will have lutefisk to go with it.

I'll have to suffer with pheasant in cream sauce again - mighty good by the way, but not in league with lefsa.

Good luck. I'm going to try to stick one of those big bucks I have on camera, but I'd rather be eating lefsa.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BrentD

Oh boy does she make her own. It's worth making the drive just for it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy
Gradually getting things packed in my rig. Lefsa, chocolate chex mix, and caramel bars made. Don't worry Tom, I will bake more for next weekend too. Any suggestions? laugh

The peanut-butter or butterscotch bars with the chocolate on top.

I'll bring some goodies up too. I have sloppy-joes made. Was thinking of running to Sam's Club and grabbing some ribs? Whatchu think Dave?

Page 1,008 of 1,842 1 2 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.