Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Greyghost
An article in this mornings paper was describing numerous surrounding city's opting for a larger better trained combined SWAT forces due to budget restraints! It's Cheaper!

Described members installing $1,300 silencers on their M16's, saying that they both restrain recoil and help to hide the flash...

I guess, but sounds kind of like building up something other than a swat force. crazy

Phil
They are tyranny enforcement squads.

GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by ccd
$1300 for a one time charge is MUCH cheaper than disability payments for hearing loss. Or training costs to replace an experienced officer.

I think your correct. In CA a Peace Officer who gets Industrial Disability from CalPERS pays no taxes on it. And the State, Counties, and Cities, all want as much revenue as possible. So not only is disability expensive, they can't tax half of it back from you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
so they can shoot your dog without you knowing it

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And they're right outside your door.. grin

BANG!!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am Ok with the suppressors. I like them myself. My comment was for the money spent which seemed to be a concern of the OP. A lot of that stuff comes through grants from the feds or drug and money seizures. That is how they get the good equipment usually.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
... Suppressors (not silencers) lower the sound level so the team can still hear after shooting inside a building.

Ed

We have a winner.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
An article in this mornings paper was describing numerous surrounding city's opting for a larger better trained combined SWAT forces due to budget restraints! It's Cheaper!

Described members installing $1,300 silencers on their M16's, saying that they both restrain recoil and help to hide the flash...

I guess, but sounds kind of like building up something other than a swat force. crazy

Phil

Ya'll be sure and give that tinfoil an extra wrap so none of the mind control waves can get through; you're close, its already stopped intelligent communication from leaving.

XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why does a SWAT force need Silencers on their M16's?

You wouldn't axe that querstion if you'd ever been in a interior stairwell with someone who'd let rip with an M4 on rock'n'roll.

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by XL5

You wouldn't axe that querstion if you'd ever been in a interior stairwell with someone who'd let rip with an M4 on rock'n'roll.

"Ain't that the truth!!!!!!" eek

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Now listen up, I am an ex-spurt......the real reason SWAT or any other police agency buys these types of evil things, is so they can moniter internet message boards and find out who the real kooks are. Until the internet was invented they had no way to get past the tin-foil hats.......so if you cant beat them you implant someone to get them to join, or disagree......and then they start rectally inserting the mind control devices.

haven't any of you guys been visited by the dudes in the glowing saucers yet? Take a twist out of your foil hats and embrace the knowledge of the other worldly beings who are trying to contact you through Hustler magazines and slim jim's (their first attempt was beer Hustler's and cheeto's, but to many people questioned their orange peckers)

That is all...

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii
Originally Posted by XL5

"Ain't that the truth!!!!!!" eek

What??? I didn't hear that.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Phil

Hey Phil

Bet you're seeing those black choppers too...aren't ya???

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Self explanatory....

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They use 'em to hunt squirrels and it doesn't upset the tree huggers and PETA!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Two things...

1. Suppressors (not silencers) lower the sound level so the team can still hear after shooting inside a building.

2. The muzzle flash of a firearm inside a meth lab filled with volatile fumes can make the biggest, baddest "flash-bang" known to man.

That is all.

Ed

Sounds like the end of the argument to me.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
B
$1300 each are very expensive suppressors

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Who is the world is charging them $1300.00 each for suppressors? Sounds like somebody's brother in law is skimming the cream off the governments budgets! That's about double the average going price these days!

Last edited by Darrel; 11/05/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Darrel
Who is the world is charging them $1300.00 each for suppressors? Sounds like somebody's brother in law is skimming the cream off the governments budgets! That's about double the average going price these days!

Yes, that'd be expensive for one suppressor. But this price most likely includes several other things like servicing, no cost replacement, etc... That's usually how agencies buy stuff.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have somebody bust a few rounds off from an unsuppressed M4 inside beside you and you will immediately have your answer.

-Piss into the wind.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe for the same reason that some hunters want silencers on their hunting guns. Because they can. Dang. Do we need to hand out the tin foil again?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (160user, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 931 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.