Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 48 49
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RISJR
Watch for Hamilton County Ohio and post whatever blurbs anyone finds,please.

I think Romney may have it. If he does,Ohio will look good for Romney.

I'll post Va pres and Senate updates as I'm alerted.

It looks busy in Hamilton and Butler Counties, Bob...

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/voter-stream-remains-steady-at-polls/nSyRL/

By Hannah Poturalski

Staff Writers

HAMILTON �

Butler County voters were out in force Tuesday to cast votes in the battleground state.

Voters were at polling spots before the doors opened, said Jocelyn Bucaro, deputy director of the Butler County Board of Elections.

Bucaro said there was a 30-minute line at the board of elections officeon Princeton Road.

�We had lines at most polling locations at 6:30 a.m.,� she said. �Lines have quieted down and there�s a steady stream.�

Bucaro said she anticipated 175,000 voters in Butler County casting a ballot this presidential election through absentee and in-person voting. She said 46,387 absentee ballots were cast in the county.

Erin Allen who was at the polling place at the Board of Elections Tuesday morning said she always votes and she wanted to cast her ballot on election day. She is looking for change.

�I�m certainly not missing it (the election) I knew nothing would keep me away from here,� she said.

In Monroe, voter turnout was so heavy in the morning hours at fire department headquarters, on Ohio 4 that a police officer had to be dispatched around 8 a.m. to handle traffic congestion problems, said Monroe police Lt. Brian Curlis.

Curlis said the parking lot at the fire station was full and voters were parking on the side of Ohio 4, causing traffic obstructions for motorists trying to leave the busy polling spot.

Voters in a small section of Butler County voted with paper ballots after a glitch left the Northwest School District levy off the electronic ballot, according to election officials.

Jocelyn Bucaro, Butler County Board of Elections deputy director, said 69 voters were affected.

Linda Hartenstein and Paula Warnken, who worked the polls at the Countryside YMCA in Lebanon, reported that voter turnout had been very steady all morning.

�It�s the busiest election I�ve ever seen,� Warnken said. �I thought we would maybe have less people because so many went to early voting but that�s not the case.�

The polls were �swamped� for the first 2 1/2 hours, Hartenstein said but had slowed down a little by 11:30 a.m. The pollsters reported 275 people having voted at their precinct by 11:30 a.m.

Voters in Fairfield city and township came out for both the president and the Massachusetts governor, for a variety of reasons.

�I voted for the next president of the United States, Mr. Romney,� said Pat Markey, making a prediction after voting at Fairfield North Elementary School in the township. �I think we need change, just like Mr. Obama said. I think we need to put people back to work.

Robert Hartshorn, who said he was a Republican, hoped that Romney would �repeal the health care, not allow any taxes to go up and take care of all the energy problems we have in this country.�

Kyle Osborne of the township said, �As far as the presidential race goes, the two candidates want to do the same things for the country, but I feel like my opinions of government and social issues align a little bit better with the Republican party than the Democrat � to the extent the president has any power over this, I�d like to see the economy growing a little faster than it has been and unemployment to come down a bit. I�m not terribly concerned with the deficit because I know that as the economy improves, the deficit will improve.�

At Fairfield Middle School, Donald Crew said, �I support Obama and everything he believes in. My family is behind the president, so that�s what I follow. Hopefully he�ll get this economy going and get the job rates up so everybody can have a job.�

Cristina Kidd, also of Fairfield, was an undecided voter right up to the very last day.

�I�m one of those last-minute people. I�m pretty confident who I�m going to vote for, but I vote according to my conscience and there are some things I�m not going to waver on, like public assistance, Medicare and Medicaid. The bottom line is (some) stereotype people and say that everyone on public assistance is just abusing the system, and that�s just not the facts. I know several friends of mine who had a hurdle to jump over. They did it, had a little bit of help for awhile, and now they have great careers, beautiful families and they are successful people,� she said.

Staff Writer Justin McClelland contributed to this story.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
As a aside,Fairfax County Va,my home town,has a population of about 1.4 milion.

My polling station had 4 electronic voting booths.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RISJR
Talk now is Florida may not be counted until near 2 am.

I'll be up. Hang in with me,Andrew.
Well, I did my part in Florida.

You did the right thing - Romney supporter. grin
Obama foe. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More from Hamilton County...

Voter turnout reported high in some Ohio counties
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Facebook Twitter Reddit Digg E-mail Print Rss

CINCINNATI � Several counties are reporting high turnout around the state with voters standing in long lines at some locations.

About 100 people were lined up into the street by midmorning Tuesday at one Cincinnati location. Poll workers said about 30 people were in line before the polls opened. But voters there said the line was moving fairly quickly.

Lines at some other Cincinnati sites in Hamilton County were much shorter.

The line at a suburban Columbus site in Franklin County was wrapped around the building with voters having to wait about an hour. By midmorning the line had dwindled to about 100 and the wait was down to 25 minutes.

Elections officials in counties including Lake, Geauga and Cuyahoga in northeast Ohio and Franklin County say turnout is high so far.

BIG OHIO UPDATE: GOP Turnout Is Way Up ↑� Dem Turnout Way Down ↓
Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 2:48 PM

Here�s the latest from Ohio from campaign sources��..

Quick update � turnout is up in GOP Geauga County, Ohio where McCain won with 57% of the vote and down in Athens County, the home of Ohio University and where Obama won with 67% in 2008. Early vote in Geauga? 125% of 2008. Athens? Down 10% from 2008.

SHOT: GOP county turnout up

� Plain Dealer: Geauga election chief predicts 80 percent voter turnout today
� Geauga County early vote was 125% more than 2008 early vote
� McCain won Geauga County with 57% and Bush got 60% in �04

CHASER: Dem county turnout down

� WOUB: Athens County Election Officials: Morning Voter Turn Out Low
� Athens County early vote was 10% less than 2008 early vote
� Obama won Athens County with 67%

RELATED: One Florida County already has Republicans picking up 10,000 votes compared to 2008.

Heavy turnout could slow Hamilton Co. vote count

Below:
related

WLWT.com
updated 2 hours 57 minutes ago

Print
Font:

Heavy turnout could slow results from Hamilton County's 96 precincts, but election officials said they're ready for the count.

The number of provisional ballots will likely grow in the final hours of voting, which will complicate the final count.

"We've redoubled our efforts to train our poll workers to avoid voting people provisionally if it's not appropriate to do so, but yeah, there might be some number of provisional ballots that we'll have to look at 10 days (from Tuesday)," said Alex Triantafilou, of the Board of Elections.

As voters packed polling places throughout the county Tuesday, pundits were anticipating the possibility that Hamilton County could tilt Ohio and therefore the election.

If the election comes down to provisional ballots, the final count won't be known until mid-Noveber because those ballots can't be counted for 10 days.

"Everybody's saying the fix is in, the fix in on, (but) I don't know," said WDBZ radio host Lincoln Ware. "A lot of people are upset with the secretary of state."

Democrats have accused Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted of trying to suppress the voter turnout, particularly among traditionally liberal demographics.

But officials from both parties said they've been working to ensure a fair and quick process for counting the votes.

"I'm confident that we will count these ballots appropriately and accurately, so I'm not concerned about the ultimate outcome," said Chip Gerhardt, of the Board of Elections. "The timing may bother some people, but the law is clear."

Turn out and enthusiasm is what the GOP has working for it, so in my mind the MORE people that turn out, favors Romney. If that's so, things are looking good in Ohio...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
man u guys have it made!!(na wink......if i had'nt voted by mail 2 weeks ago the race would be called ..before my dinner.....!!!!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/ put your pointer over new hampshire frown..... still time

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got some real time poll data for you......I've never seen that many people lined up to vote in No. Va.......all day.

Everyone I've talked to said the same thing.

Fwiw...I voted early saw about 60-40 in favor of Republican, holding sample ballots....my wife and work pard voted this pm....they said it was more 80-20 in favor of Republican sample ballots.....

Also, one of my pards lives in Fairfax County...real critical to Va. He said his rabid Demo neighbors are voting Republican. As a matter of fact, one lady said it was the first time she EVER voted Republican ANYTHING. She pulled the lever for Romney.

I am telling you, people are po'd over the way the country has been run the past 4 years.

Tony

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hot Air is calling (in the text) Indiana for Mitt, based off Politico returns as the Sec. of State there is slow.

IIRC - Indiana went Obama last go round.

The thing is - if Mitt doesn't get Virginia, he MUST get Ohio and some others to have a shot.

Me

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Virginia closes in 5 minutes.

Watch till about 35% reports to get the main thrust. This will be the first big contest we'll have a final on before 9pm.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
http://www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/President/2012/ put your pointer over new hampshire frown..... still time

I'd expect NH to go Obama just because of the huge Libertarian presence there. It's like their mecca.

They will siphon off votes from Romney and thus give NH to Obama. They're quite ok with that too.

Turdlike, by default.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my moms in her mid 70's and said the same thing to me last weekend....she was near ill the way her country has gone and was praying hard.......sad stuff....

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L

And when your put the pointer over New Hampshire, it shows only .07 of the precincts reporting.

Most likely inner city precincts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Loving the headline at Drudge...

"ENOUGH! Let's count!"

grin

Turdlike, by default.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Politico's called Vermont with 0% reporting and 6 minutes after the polls close....

For Obama

Me

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Called KY for Romney.

EC is 8 to 3 for Romney/Ryan.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
I will be up sipping my Maker's Mark, watching these results come in.

I had a little bit of that a few nights ago, for the first time. Very smoooooth! wink

http://d23y8zw8tx4ytu.cloudfront.ne...deo/30/it-s-about-the-cocktail-party.m4v

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by lucket

And when your put the pointer over New Hampshire, it shows only .07 of the precincts reporting.

Most likely inner city precincts.

Harts Location and Dixville Notch. IIRC, right around 30 people between the two. There maybe a few others in but I haven't seen it yet. Those results were in at 0600 as they vote at midnight.

George

Last edited by NH K9; 11/06/12.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
So far with very FEW results reported - Florida leans Obama.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
Called KY for Romney.

EC is 8 to 3 for Romney/Ryan.

Fox Calls Indiana for Romney

R - 19
O - 3

Turdlike, by default.
Page 3 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (007FJ, 1911a1, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,593 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,720
Posts18,514,214
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.