Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 49 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 48 49
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
IF Obama wins do we all hope that the country goes into a tailspin the next 4 years so that there is real change at the next election? I'm willing to suffer through 4 years for some real lasting overhaul of our country.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

He's closed to within 1 point in Ohio, leads by 1 in NC and VA.

If he can get a little push in Florida this thing can come out good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lot of people complaining about Romney, but what candidate do you run that can out compete against the "Give away free schit to everyone" when almost 50% of the country is getting free schit.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We need to dump the Great Lakes states. Their union stronghold will never change and we will never win there. They ensure a lib victory every time.

Turn them over to us - we'd gladly take them! They're like us! smile

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
take heart my campfire brethern.

things look really bad right now.

and I agree, with the performance of the last 4 years, anything less than a landslide victory for Romney means this country is sick, very sick. Doesn't look optimistic that Romney will win.

it is indeed a sad day in America, the problem is with our urban voters (and hey who gave women the right to vote anyway?)

and while a lot of damage can take place in the next 4 years....

I opened with take heart. If Romney were elected and replaced Bernanke as he said he would do and tried to put a halt to QEIII, you'd have had a depressionary event inside the next year. We'd have all felt the pain.

Obama and a Dem Senate gives you a chance to prepare for what's coming, currency driven inflation and the dollar lose it's status as the world's reserve currency. You can pretty well bank upon it.

the numbers don't balance, no other way than for them to inflate the crap outa our currency, these next 4 years we're more than likely going to see a change to our lives that will make the Carter years of inflation pale by comparison.

call me goofy, but I predicted this would be a tight race and while I hoped for Romney that I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama win it.

you're gonna see inflation in spades. And a whole host of problems to go with it. Get your living expenses down as low as you can. There's still a bit of time to prepare for the storm coming that all those kite check writing SOBs on both sides of the aisle have created with all their hot air!

but if the GOP answer for this next bigger mess our country will be in is Chris Christie, then the fooking GOP can kiss my fat azz!

bunker mentality, someone mentioned foxhole, it's time to start figuring out where your foxhole or bunker is gonna be and stockpile it.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Andrew....reality remember?? It was [bleep] over 3 pages ago,my friend.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
49.5 to 49.7 in Florida. getting closer

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
IF Obama wins do we all hope that the country goes into a tailspin the next 4 years so that there is real change at the next election? I'm willing to suffer through 4 years for some real lasting overhaul of our country.

ddj

I'm guessing I'll be out of a job in less than a year if the dip sh*t wins

Life is just one damned thing after another
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
We need to dump the Great Lakes states. Their union stronghold will never change and we will never win there. They ensure a lib victory every time.

Exactly! The communist unions are destroying this nation from the inside.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm going to hit the sack with hope for a better day tomorrow. Miracles have been known to happen.

I'm better when I move.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by cal74

ddj

You're working for the military-industrial complex?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by BrentD
The republicans would win the Senate and the Whitehouse in a walk this year were it not for their stupid positions on social issues. On fiscal issues, they have it hands down, but they blow it on the social ones.

I have to agree.

Fiscal conservatism is fine. Social conservatism obviously is not, and can be directly blamed for 2 gimme senate seat losses (Indiana and Missouri). Women and Latinos make up a large portion of the electorate, and too much crap being spewed by social conservatives is putting them off.

It just seems obvious that Republicans will NEVER win another national election with only ~30% of the Latino/Hispanic vote. Time to shut the hell up about border fences and deportation?

Same story for male vs. female voters. 54% to 44% losses won't do it. Time to shut the hell up about rape and contraception.

Want limited government? Want low taxes? Want balanced budgets? Apparently they'll come with strings attached from now on - social libertarianism.

That is exactly it.

Is it too ambitious or too naive to look for an honest politician? Or simply a useful one?
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RISJR
Andrew....reality remember?? It was [bleep] over 3 pages ago,my friend.

It's a long damned way from "270 to Romney/Ryan"

Me

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by NathanL
Lot of people complaining about Romney, but what candidate do you run that can out compete against the "Give away free schit to everyone" when almost 50% of the country is getting free schit.

Yep. And telling people its not a good idea to piss away money, deficits are bad and they can't eat MickeyD's five times a day is
akin to saying "I won't fund your abortions".

Might be a hint in there...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
3rd party could cost Florida

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Map says Panhandle is nearly all in, and going for Romney. I hope that pushes him over the top.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
There is some argument that the precincts that have not reported in VA are northern precincts that will be Obama dominated. Not claiming its true, just a talking head yapping. I had VA for Romney

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cal74

ddj

Same here. Work in transportation.

When the economy's bad - people don't buy stuff. If people don't buy stuff there's very little reason to ship things from mfgs to consumers.

We're [bleep].

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

ddj

Some of us have already suffered through 4 years and aren't looking forward to another 4 (+).

Just saying.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Originally Posted by BrentD
The republicans would win the Senate and the Whitehouse in a walk this year were it not for their stupid positions on social issues. On fiscal issues, they have it hands down, but they blow it on the social ones.

I have to agree.

Fiscal conservatism is fine. Social conservatism obviously is not, and can be directly blamed for 2 gimme senate seat losses (Indiana and Missouri). Women and Latinos make up a large portion of the electorate, and too much crap being spewed by social conservatives is putting them off.

It just seems obvious that Republicans will NEVER win another national election with only ~30% of the Latino/Hispanic vote. Time to shut the hell up about border fences and deportation?

Same story for male vs. female voters. 54% to 44% losses won't do it. Time to shut the hell up about rape and contraception.

Want limited government? Want low taxes? Want balanced budgets? Apparently they'll come with strings attached from now on - social libertarianism.

It is impossible to separate fiscal conservatism from social liberalism. The DEMANDS for more and more money and taxes originates from the social liberalism. Like a guy whose wife ran the credit cards into the red zone. She wants him to INCREASE the debt limit rather than curtail the spending. AND she will demand that he pay the balance,NOT her. Social liberalism.
Exactly.

Page 27 of 49 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 69 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,669
Posts18,513,121
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.