Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I wish I could wake up in the morning and discover the South won it's independence.

That way I wouldn't have to fool with these phuggin' yankees and left coasters.

Oh well, just buck up and get ready for the next one. I'm not giving up on the country...not yet.

I'm thankful that I am in a position where the only people I ever come into contact with who have voted for Obama work for me and I really never hear anything about it from them. They might hear about it from me now however.

Otto is my co-pilot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by RobJordan
In four more years this country will be in ruin.

Won't take any four years.

Finally something we can agree on ! cry

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Putin called. He's looking forward to more flexibility.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by KFWA
even given the media ballwashing, the complete burial of the Benghazi fiasco, and the monolithic black vote and high turnout, I am surprised that the country has enough stupid people to reelect this loser, who has lost jobs in four years of his disastrous presidency.

when Romney loses to a Marxist, it's hard to argue that a more right wing candidate would have done any better. in fact, it's kind of insane. we apparently have slipped over the threshhold where the non-tax paying class is in control.

will they still be saying he needs more time after four more years of this walking disaster?

don't know but I bet you'll be dismissing hard core conservatives for not supporting the neocon agenda

the truth is conservatives did support Romney, vastly and overwhelmingly. Romney didn't lose because conservatives didn't support him, he lost because there are too many people to whom conservative ideas are meaningless because they don't pay taxes, don't run businesses, don't care about deficits, and in many cases don't work. That is the sad truth of this election.....and it is insane to suggest somebody more conservative would have done better.

The Achilles heel of the republican party is the religious Right... it's also a main pillar of the party. It's a conundrum.

I believe the direction the R's should turn is towards small-L libertarianism. Stop pissing against the wind on the social hot button issues. Focus on actual freedom, fiscal responsibility, and shrinking government to include the military.

But they won't. They can't. Without the religious Right the party is too small. With the religious Right, they come across as meddlesome and intrusive to many.

I also will posit that people are truly sick of being lied to. Romney was clearly a fake, a man in a costume. He was a lie personified.

Anyway, beyond that I agree with others that this was about Entitlement Nation. It's only getting worse folks. The Boomers are gonna bankrupt us for real.... and there's a lot of them... and they vote. Cuts to SS and Medicare aren't gonna fly there. Bumpy ride ahead.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
jeez, did you just see the Fox shot of the vote counters in Cuyahoga county. Five enormously obese black women sitting around staring at the lights. that's not encouraging.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ohio Sec of State site:

Obama, Barack (D) 2,513,385
49.63%

Romney, Mitt (R) 2,468,018
48.74%

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
jeez, did you just see the Fox shot of the vote counters in Cuyahoga county. Five enormously obese black women sitting around staring at the lights. that's not encouraging.

Ohio already had to remove 2 election judges tonight for voter fraud.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
you think it's exclusion that we don't give the nomination to the loser who didn't win a primary....get real. that's the problem with you guys, you think you get to drive the bus with your single digits. that's not the way it works.

the 5% doesn't direct the 95%.

the one common thread of the people who make these silly claims is that they have zero experience in real world elections with candidates who actually win elections. the electorate is not libertarian...ask Gary Johnson. or Ron Paul.

BTW Romney is in the lead now in Ohio...that call may have been a little premature.

the problem is your 95% can't do [bleep] in the election

its not about Ron Paul or Gary Johnson - its about Romney, and McCain before him not being able to beat a man who has no business being in office, and the GOP people living in a vacuum thinking the sun revolves around their platform.

and you should be the last person to talk about people making silly claims.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/06/12.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you think it's exclusion that we don't give the nomination to the loser who didn't win a primary....get real. that's the problem with you guys, you think you get to drive the bus with your single digits. that's not the way it works.

the one common thread of the people who make these silly claims is that they have zero experience in real world elections with candidates who actually win elections. the electorate is not libertarian...ask Gary Johnson. or Ron Paul.

BTW Romney is in the lead now in Ohio...that call may have been a little premature.

link Steve

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rrroae

when Romney loses to a Marxist, it's hard to argue that a more right wing candidate would have done any better. in fact, it's kind of insane. we apparently have slipped over the threshhold where the non-tax paying class is in control.

will they still be saying he needs more time after four more years of this walking disaster?

I think it's a lot simpler than that.

Democrats learned the gun issue was their kryptonite and quickly backed off. Now if the GOP can tame their social conservative rhetoric and tone down the foreign policy talk, they should easily be able to surge back into power.

I believe the country trusts Republicans far more than Democrats when it comes to the economy so just play to your strength.

You are right. If the Republicans would stop with the Bible thumping, Holy Crusades, fund a self-defense military force, and stick to capitalism they could win elections. Unfortunately, that's not their forte.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Obama is president!!! Yes"

Unfriend grin

Better then asking what mental disorder they have.

Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

its not about Ron Paul or Gary Johnson - its about Romney, and McCain before him not being able to beat a man who has no business being in office, and the GOP people living in a vacuum thinking the sun revolves around their platform.

So what makes you think the 5% by itself can? It can't. And if they were altruistic about helping their fellow man, they'd join forces with the 95% and work from there.

Me

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by NathanL

Ohio already had to remove 2 election judges tonight for voter fraud.

One Republican and one Democrat if I recall correctly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
even given the media ballwashing, the complete burial of the Benghazi fiasco, and the monolithic black vote and high turnout, I am surprised that the country has enough stupid people to reelect this loser, who has lost jobs in four years of his disastrous presidency.

don't know but I bet you'll be dismissing hard core conservatives for not supporting the neocon agenda

the truth is conservatives did support Romney, vastly and overwhelmingly. Romney didn't lose because conservatives didn't support him, he lost because there are too many people to whom conservative ideas are meaningless because they don't pay taxes, don't run businesses, don't care about deficits, and in many cases don't work. That is the sad truth of this election.....and it is insane to suggest somebody more conservative would have done better.

The Achilles heel of the republican party is the religious Right... it's also a main pillar of the party. It's a conundrum.

I believe the direction the R's should turn is towards small-L libertarianism. Stop pissing against the wind on the social hot button issues. Focus on actual freedom, fiscal responsibility, and shrinking government to include the military.

But they won't. They can't. Without the religious Right the party is too small. With the religious Right, they come across as meddlesome and intrusive to many.

I also will posit that people are truly sick of being lied to. Romney was clearly a fake, a man in a costume. He was a lie personified.

Anyway, beyond that I agree with others that this was about Entitlement Nation. It's only getting worse folks. The Boomers are gonna bankrupt us for real.... and there's a lot of them... and they vote. Cuts to SS and Medicare aren't gonna fly there. Bumpy ride ahead.

sadly for you ...it will come to pass one day and it will be too late

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romney up in Ohio now...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Teal Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by rrroae

I think it's a lot simpler than that.

Democrats learned the gun issue was their kryptonite and quickly backed off. Now if the GOP can tame their social conservative rhetoric and tone down the foreign policy talk, they should easily be able to surge back into power.

I believe the country trusts Republicans far more than Democrats when it comes to the economy so just play to your strength.

You are right. If the Republicans would stop with the Bible thumping, Holy Crusades, fund a self-defense military force, and stick to capitalism they could win elections. Unfortunately, that's not their forte.

Really? Because living in a swing state - the ONLY thing I heard in commercials this year was economy/jobs. Bible was missing, military/foreign policy was missing too.

Straight jobs/economy talk and amongst everyone I know - that was all they talked about as well.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

and you should be the last person to talk about people making silly claims.

It comes down to 51% voting to have the other 49% fund them and those in the 51% who actually do have money feeling guilty about it.

It's going to be very hard regardless of what social platform you pick to compete with the Free Schit Army. Once they get it you can't take it away.

Otto is my co-pilot.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by RickyD
While out door knocking, a very attractive and well-spoken business owner lady I called on told me it's the social issues with many of the Obama voters. They know he's terrible on the economy and most everything else, but are afraid Romney would interfere with issues like abortion and gay marriage. Obama's liar brigade did a good job scaring voters away from a man who was perfect for our fixing our problems and many would rather see America destroyed than risk losing the opportunity to be wantonly immoral.

I have to agree. Bill Clinton once said "It's the economy stupid", well the economy has never been worse in my lifetime than it has been over the last 4 years. But do we elect someone who might could turn the economy around? No! We vote in an idiot that has already shown that he can't handle it. Why? So women can keep their rights to kill unborn babies, men can marry men and people expect the government to just give them whatever they need and want without having to work. We have hit rock bottom on the morality scale. We no longer look to the Bible for guidance or respect our roots which are grounded in Jude--christian values. It's not the economy stupid its abortion rights and homosexual marriage.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

The cuts are coming whether they like it or not, because the programs are on an unsustainable trajectory. So there choice is either fix it now or take a hard hit later. Looks like they chose the latter proposition. Idiots.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal

So what makes you think the 5% by itself can? It can't. And if they were altruistic about helping their fellow man, they'd join forces with the 95% and work from there.

been there done that - lost most of my 401K and my house is worth 10K less than I paid for it.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 40 of 49 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,577
Posts18,510,860
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.