Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 48 of 49 1 2 46 47 48 49
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by arctic338
Fat lady is singing boys. We have just witnessed the death of the USA that we all love.

I need a drink !!!!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If by social issues, people mean objecting to taxpayers buying rubbers for ho's attending 50K a year law schools, I don't think that's a losing issue.

The GOP convention barely touched on so-called social issues....it was the democrats who commited their Abortionpalooza, combined with their utterly bogus War on Women.

unfortunate slips by two Senate candidates, set up and then pounced on by the democrat's media sidekicks, are not policy, and neither of them was "prominent" or a party spokesman....they're just guys who won their Senate primaries.

the democrats rely on painting a cartoon picture of republicans, which their media ballwashers help support, and squish republicans tut-tut and agree with.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
...unfortunate slips by two Senate candidates, set up and then pounced on by the democrat's media sidekicks, are not policy, and neither of them was "prominent" or a party spokesman....they're just guys who won their Senate primaries.

the democrats rely on painting a cartoon picture of republicans, which their media ballwashers help support, and squish republicans tut-tut and agree with.

As far as social issues goes, well it wasn't only or entirely those that I was referring to although they are certainly part of the equation. But the part I quoted you on is a very interesting point. And one that Republicans need to take to heart.

Here's the thing: Folks who hold a certain issue dear become paranoid about dangers to it and will generalize the opposition party as one of those dangers. Even if they really aren't.

Steve we have a lot of people in our own camp, right here on the campfire, who do the same thing about gun control.

It is always the 'dimmhicrats' and all their minions who are lockstep in favor of taking away the 2nd amendment. Not a few loose cannons who are out in left field. There are quite a few dyed in the wool democrats in DC who honestly treasure the 2nd amendment and will fight to protect it. They represent districts and states whose citizenry values the 2nd amendment.

Why is this false narrative so strong in the face of the evidence? We value gun rights highly and are willing to dismiss evidence to the contrary because we are scared to death of the consequences if the other side really does attack the 2nd.

The democrats make a very public and no holds barred decision to leave the 2nd alone years ago. Not saying they will always continue that path but they are on it now. And a couple decades later they are still paying the price for the previous folly of some of their members.

Now put yourself in the place of a woman who values to the right to say when she will reproduce. One who has honestly thought thru the repercussions of being pregnant via rape. Assume she feels as passionately about this issue as we do about gun control.

Now insert the comments made by these two buffoons into the middle of a hotly contested campaign.

It doesn't take a gypsy soothsayer with a crystal ball to figure out what the typical reaction of such a woman will be. These two needed to be cut off from the Republican establishment and left to swing in the wind in order to make examples of them. It is going to take that kind of party discipline to put woman at ease.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Will, it was more than just a few comments by two buffoons running for the Senate.

It was an attempt to pass the Blunt amemdment in the US Senate earlier this year, the transvaginal probe legislation pushed in VA, Limbaugh calling Fluke a slut after refusing to let women testify at a House hearing on womens reproductive issues, and the list goes on... These two "buffoons" were just the icing on the cake stoking womens fears.

IHMO republicans should "make a very public and no holds barred decision to leave" womens reproductive issues off the agenda.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Point well taken, I agree.

Will

IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
It was an attempt to pass the Blunt amemdment in the US Senate earlier this year, the transvaginal probe legislation pushed in VA, Limbaugh calling Fluke a slut after refusing to let women testify at a House hearing on womens reproductive issues, and the list goes on... These two "buffoons" were just the icing on the cake stoking womens fears.
========

HS...60% of Obama voters haven't a [bleep] clue as to those issues.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
60% of those didn't want an interruption of their welfare checks

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
60% of Obama voters haven't a [bleep] clue as to those issues.

60% of Obama voters with no [bleep] clue about abortion rights?

That leaves only about 25 million people who voted for Obama who DO have a clue.

What'd Obama win by anyway.... two million votes?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RISJR
========

HS...60% of Obama voters haven't a [bleep] clue as to those issues.

You remind me of a more than slightly daft gal I was "dating" years ago.

Like I told her, "for god's sake Christine, it's been more than two hours, either swallow it or spit it out."

[Linked Image]

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Nice cover,gargalina.

So that there is no misunderstanding,I think you're one of the 60% of dumb [bleep] who hasn't a [bleep] clue.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
60% of Obama voters haven't a [bleep] clue as to those issues.

60% of Obama voters with no [bleep] clue about abortion rights?

That leaves only about 25 million people who voted for Obama who DO have a clue.

What'd Obama win by anyway.... two million votes?

==============

No,Blunt amendment,Fluke etc. Dumbing it down later doesn't change the original post I responded to.

By the way,walk around San Antone and ask 10 of them to define Blunt and trans-vaginal and tell me how it turns out.

Last edited by RISJR; 11/07/12.

William Arthur Ward

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RISJR
Nice cover,gargalina.

So that there is no misunderstanding,I think you're one of the 60% of dumb [bleep] who hasn't a [bleep] clue.
They don't need a clue. All they need is a vote and a free phone and obama sucks bucks.

That's why our founders didn't give the vote to women or lame brains. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 11/07/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dumbing it down later doesn't change the original post I responded to.

To be exact, THIS was the original post you were responding to...

It was an attempt to pass the Blunt amemdment in the US Senate earlier this year, the transvaginal probe legislation pushed in VA, Limbaugh calling Fluke a slut after refusing to let women testify at a House hearing on womens reproductive issues, and the list goes on...
These two "buffoons" were just the icing on the cake stoking womens fears.

So, you said 60% of Obama voters had no clue about these, which still leaves tbe other 25 million.

or, in other words...

By your estmation, in an election where the difference between candidates was just two million popular votes, 25 million Obama voters DID have an opinion on these issues.

More to the point.... no point in playing word games, the OP's point was women's repruductive issues, including abortion, did indeed play a major part in this election.

Even most White women now are voting Democrat, gotta be a reason for that.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Penguin

Now put yourself in the place of a woman who values to the right to say when she will reproduce. One who has honestly thought thru the repercussions of being pregnant via rape. Assume she feels as passionately about this issue as we do about gun control.

Now insert the comments made by these two buffoons into the middle of a hotly contested campaign.

It doesn't take a gypsy soothsayer with a crystal ball to figure out what the typical reaction of such a woman will be. These two needed to be cut off from the Republican establishment and left to swing in the wind in order to make examples of them. It is going to take that kind of party discipline to put woman at ease.

Will

no doubt the comments were dumb, but also taken out of context and magnified and front-paged by the media/DNC complex. my God, if Biden's daily gaffes got similar coverage, he'd have been laughed off the ticket.

my reaction to both of them was....WTF were you even thinking going there? what does a Senator's job have to do with rape and pregnancy? if you couldn't see the trap waiting in the reporter's spiel, you're too dumb to be a Senator anyway. both these guys were the kind of tea party darling that we keep getting told are the key to victory, BTW.

I think that's far more true in Congressional races, where you can get a pretty compact, hererogeneous electorate, than in state wide races, even in smaller states.

we have an absolute blood bath in La. that's going to a runoff because of our "jungle primary"....two very conservative republicans got districted together in the bayou country, because we lost population after Katrina but the DOJ insists on a black majority district in New Orleans.

Boustany is a doctor, been around a while, very conservative....Jeff Landry is a tea party guy elected in 2010, and then jammed in with Boustany in a newly redrawn district. Scarcely any difference in their positions on any issue, and you'd be thrilled to have either one of them represent you.....but it's been the most vicious race imaginable.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Even most White women now are voting Democrat, gotta be a reason for that.
===========

Obama garnered 39% of that vote,down from 43% in 2008. Let's start there.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yeah, the only reason Obama is "popular with womens" is because he gets 100% support from black womens.

he lost the white vote by 20%.

when a democrat starts with all the black vote and 2/3 of the Mexican vote in his pocket.....even if he endorsed cannibalism...it means the republican has to get 65% of the white vote to win. Romney fell short, but he still got 60%.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BHO is the turd that just wouldn't flush!!!

He is buoyed up by the toilet water of the media.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
... when a democrat starts with all the black vote and 2/3 of the Mexican vote in his pocket.....even if he endorsed cannibalism...it means the republican has to get 65% of the white vote to win. Romney fell short, but he still got 60%.

Which is exactly the reason why I stated earlier in another thread that the conservatism of today's Republican party is doomed long term versus the identity politics of today's Democratic party.

You cannot play identity politics against a stacked deck and expect to win. And, to put it right on the line for everyone to see, a whole lot of what passes for conservatism today is nothing more than identity politics in the guise of social or economic language.

It is a loser and if you want to make the party into a national powerhouse again you need to get rid of this anchor.

Immigration reform with a national ID card would eliminate illegal immigration to a very large degree. Trade that for a path to legalization and you can nullify a lot of the hispanic fear.

Forget the whole gay marriage, gay agenda, gay bashing thing. Nothing to be gained here fellas. It may feel good to some of the harder boiled social conservatives but it is a killer. Abandon it.

Quit trying to use globalization as a means to destroy labor unions. A lot of those blue collar boys are diehard 2nd amendment supporters. They live for deer season. They drive pickups and go to church on sunday. How in the hell can you just keep on throwing away them (AND Michigan and Ohio and Pennsylvania and WV (at least in the senate and house)) when they are so natural of an ally?

Those are three quick ones off the top of my head.

Concentrate on balanced budgets. Accept balanced trade. Leave the crazy gay bashing for John Hagee and the rest of the sunday morning televangelists. This kind of thing would revive the party and allow it to get past identity politics. One way or the other this will take place it is just a question of whether the Republican party makes this jump or something else does and makes the party disappear.

Just the opinion of one independent.

Will

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
All it really takes is the candidate with the most likeable personna and presentation. The issues are almost secondary. Obama is the perfect example of this.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 48 of 49 1 2 46 47 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,338 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,675
Posts18,513,291
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.