Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gracie, The Queensland Heeler

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Is Gracie smilin' or snarlin'?

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Couch rats doing what they do best.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
grinnin'.

...ask some here who know her,...she 'smiles" on command.

The still pics don't purvey the enthusiastic, stumpy tailed butt wagging goin' on while she does it.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but all my dogs are dead. We live out in the country but on a major US highway. Dogs don't last. I'd like to have another, but I hate to see one get killed and I don't like leavin' 'em penned up all the time.

That's Scout. He was dumber than a rock, but a nice, friendly dog. I miss him. He wasn't much older than a year when that pic was taken. He was a Walker Hound.

No offense, but you can train dogs to not do that.

Travis
None taken. When we had Scout, I went and bought a shock collar for IIRC, around $200 when money was pretty tight. I also put him up in his kennel at night. I was just becoming aware of the invisible fences you could get at the time. I think they're a lot more common now than they were just a few back.

I expect we'll eventually get a dog again, but Scout bit the bullet one day when I just let him out to run for a few minutes and he ran right out and got nailed by both a semi and a couple of high school kids going to school. A boy and his girlfriend. They were kind enough to pull back in and tell me about it, even though I heard it happen and was about to go out and check. The girl was crying and the boy, a pretty good high school football player, was about ready to.

Then we had a Viszula that about the same thing happened to. Maybe I'm just not a good dog trainer, and I'm sure that there's a way...but unless we just happen into one, I'm not seeking one out just now.

Scout was given to us by some neighbors who already had five or six dogs after he just showed up there. "Oklahoma" our Viszula, was a rescue dog from the Human Society down in Joplin. They both had good times here before going to Heaven. I wish I could/would have done more to keep them from getting hit, but I tried.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with you Ed.
If that's owned by Dave, I'm a Chippendale Dancer.

P.S. my mutts are in my avatar.
The yellow one has passed.

Have Dog

Will Travel

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The Bone Daddy, a 'slick' Airedale from Arizona, 7 years old.

[Linked Image]

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Buster is my buddies name. Can't go hunting without him... cool

He's a standard schnauzer, weighs in at 55 pounds. Trained coyote dog.

[Linked Image]

He'll hold a coyote, finish one off, or track a wounded coyote for you. He has been featured in several TV shows on the hunting networks. wink

[Linked Image]

Buster is 8 now, and it doesn't take long for him to get a mastery for what you are hunting, and adapt. Lately, he thinks he's on American Hoggers.

[Linked Image]

I hope everyone gets to have a buddy like Buster in their lifetime!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
That is a cool dog! LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
My hell hound,a Red Heeler / Australian Cattle Dog...tough as a leather boot and smart.
[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Roscoe my 14 year old Pit/boxer
[Linked Image]
The white one is a Spitz of some kind. She is 4 years old
[Linked Image]

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Buster is my buddies name. Can't go hunting without him... cool He's a standard schnauzer, weighs in at 55 pounds. Trained coyote dog. He'll hold a coyote, finish one off, or track a wounded coyote for you. He has been featured in several TV shows on the hunting networks. wink
Not possible. Coyotes got some sort of nature magic makes 'em invulnerable to dogs of any sort. wink

No coyote would even fight a dog, anyway. They'd just kill one right off the bat, skipping right over the fighting part. grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Beauty !

GTC

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
[Linked Image]
Ceana and Doc.. Ceana came from the local shelter 8 years ago at 7 months old, Doc came on board 1 1/2 years ago when he was 2 years old. A family I know split up and couldn't keep him. I think they've bonded.

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by amax155
I used to know a Pit/Boxer that ran loose in my old southern Florida neighborhood (Plantation). I knew who owned him, but they never kept him confined. Name was Chopper. Super friendly dog, but one day, when I was walking my male Doberman (Caesar), Chopper got it in his mind to hump him, and nothing would dissuade him of the idea, so once he managed to get on him from behind, my Doberman turned around and tore into him something awful. He had Chopper on his back and by the throat. I didn't interfere, because I wanted Chopper to learn the error of his ways, and I knew Caesar was just going to teach him a lesson, and not kill him. Once it appeared Chopper had fully surrendered, Caesar, in stages, let go and gradually stepped off from on top of him. Just as he was lifting his last paw from him, Chopper reached up and latched onto Caesar's throat from underneath. That was that. Nothing could get him to let go, and the grip was such that Caesar couldn't return the favor. He started losing consciousness after about of minute of this, so having no success in kicking Chopper off, I started looking for something on the ground to use as a weapon. Just then Chopper's owner came running out of the house and pulled him off. He won, but only by trickery.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Latest addition to the K9 family...call sign 'Rommel'

[Linked Image]

IngwedogII The premier fishing dog...Border Collie

[Linked Image]

And the recently gone, but never to be forgotten, Ingwedog..

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by amax155
I used to know a Pit/Boxer that ran loose in my old southern Florida neighborhood (Plantation). I knew who owned him, but they never kept him confined. Name was Chopper. Super friendly dog, but one day, when I was walking my male Doberman (Caesar), Chopper got it in his mind to hump him, and nothing would dissuade him of the idea, so once he managed to get on him from behind, my Doberman turned around and tore into him something awful. He had Chopper on his back and by the throat. I didn't interfere, because I wanted Chopper to learn the error of his ways, and I knew Caesar was just going to teach him a lesson, and not kill him. Once it appeared Chopper had fully surrendered, Caesar, in stages, let go and gradually stepped off from on top of him. Just as he was lifting his last paw from him, Chopper reached up and latched onto Caesar's throat. That was that. Nothing could get him to let go, and the grip was such that Caesar couldn't return the favor. He started losing consciousness after about of minute of this, so having no success in kicking Chopper off, I started looking for something on the ground to use as a weapon. Just then Chopper's owner came running out of the house and pulled him off. He won, but only by trickery.

Those pics are a few years old. He is scarred up now cause he don't realize that he ain't puppy no more.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Is Gracie smilin' or snarlin'?

evidently, does not like to have her picture taken

=========================================================
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

423 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,915 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,635
Posts18,493,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.