Home
Posted By: okok 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Let's show off our Dogs! My new computer doesn't have my dog pictures transfered yet, but would love to see other members dog's!!! Post away gents/ladies.

P.S Make/model/year. smile

I forgot I had this one. Rescued him at 6 mos, he turned 8 yesterday. Havanese/Lhaso/#23 pounds

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Have to add the pic in the morning, but I have an American Beagle. He's about 8 years old now. Stand by for pic.

Here we go: Pics are from 5 years ago. All I had on me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Rat Terrier, about 5 years old.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Roger....no Obama pic's ! grin
Originally Posted by okok
Let's show off our Dogs! My new computer doesn't have my dog pictures transfered yet, but would love to see other members dog's!!! Post away gents/ladies.

P.S Make/model/year. smile

This here is Lucy...AKA momma dog...JRT...Born 7/10..she gave me fits the second time she came in heat so I caved in & let her hook up with a friends JRT...(she is now "fixed")

[Linked Image]

& here's two of her offspring I now have...bottom dog is "Tuffy" & the one at top is "Skeeter" both about a year old....Great little [bleep] dogs... grin

As a side note, I asked here on the the "fire" about cropping the tails & clipping the dew claws myself & got mixed results....I ended up doing it myself & looking back, it wasn't much of a big deal...if I ever have to do it again, I wouldn't think twice about it...

[Linked Image]

Old Larry Brittany and Lilli Ratter. Larry is no longer here though he never really left.

[Linked Image]

Miss Lilli the rat girl. She's 12� now and still doesn't miss a trick.

[Linked Image]
I also have "Missy"...a 13 year old female lab that let the pups "dry suckle" on her after Lucy kicked them off the teet, which happened at about 8 weeks to the day...since then another strange thing happened..."Missy" came back into heat about two months ago... eek ...both Skeeter & Tuffy tried to court her & being the little gymnasts that they are, they'd jump up & pace back & forth on her back, trying to get lucky.... grin but she was having nothing to do with either one...What puzzles me though is why "Missy" would come back into heat after a good 4-5 year absence??
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
smile Once a Mother,always a Mother smile
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
I also have "Missy"...a 13 year old female lab that let the pups "dry suckle" on her after Lucy kicked them off the teet, which happened at about 8 weeks to the day...since then another strange thing happened..."Missy" came back into heat about two months ago... eek ...both Skeeter & Tuffy tried to court her & being the little gymnasts that they are, they'd jump up & pace back & forth on her back, trying to get lucky.... grin but she was having nothing to do with either one...What puzzles me though is why "Missy" would come back into heat after a good 4-5 year absence??
Nature is strange. I was just explaining to my daughter yesterday about how Black Bears seemed to be bigger when they're near Grizzly territory. Seems like nature takes up the slack or something.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but all my dogs are dead. We live out in the country but on a major US highway. Dogs don't last. I'd like to have another, but I hate to see one get killed and I don't like leavin' 'em penned up all the time.

[Linked Image]

That's Scout. He was dumber than a rock, but a nice, friendly dog. I miss him. He wasn't much older than a year when that pic was taken. He was a Walker Hound.
here's mine, GSP, Chesapeak mix, named Artemis but we just call her Arte.

[Linked Image]
This is Buster, hes going to be 6 in a few days![Linked Image]
Rescued her from the animal shelter in town a year ago July. She was a year and a quarter at the time. She's either half Pitbull or half English Bull Terrier. As for the other half, it's only speculation, but could be Australian Cattle Dog, which, assuming she's half Pitbull instead of half English Bull Terrier, would alternatively explain the ears.

[Linked Image]

Here she is supervising me while I attend to the chickens. She doesn't understand why I don't let her come in there with me.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
here's mine, GSP, Chesapeak mix, named Artemis but we just call her Arte.

[Linked Image]
Nice combo.
Posted By: EdM Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Twelve year old Frances. I am #6 in the house...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by stxhunter
[Linked Image]

Roger, nice to see you took a picture of your dog leaving a Larry Root!
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but all my dogs are dead. We live out in the country but on a major US highway. Dogs don't last. I'd like to have another, but I hate to see one get killed and I don't like leavin' 'em penned up all the time.

That's Scout. He was dumber than a rock, but a nice, friendly dog. I miss him. He wasn't much older than a year when that pic was taken. He was a Walker Hound.

No offense, but you can train dogs to not do that.

Travis
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
I had a Doberman and a Pitbull way back when that could be shown the edges of a property line, and wouldn't cross it even if a cat were on the other side of the street. They were accustomed to taking direction from me for a few years already, so when I was staying with the folks for a while, I took them outside and soon as one of them stepped off the curb I gave them the "off" command, and they'd back off back onto the lawn. This only had to repeat itself at various locations along the property that one afternoon for them both to fully learn 1) the property line, and 2) that stepping off of it was off limits. After that, they could both be let outside, no fence, and, come hell or high water, they wouldn't step off the property, and this regardless of whether I was directly supervising them or even within sight of them. This amazed a lot of people who saw it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Travis

Is that your truck??? Hoping not or my perception just went down the crapper. laugh
[Linked Image]
Gracie, The Queensland Heeler

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Is Gracie smilin' or snarlin'?
Couch rats doing what they do best.

[Linked Image]
grinnin'.

...ask some here who know her,...she 'smiles" on command.

The still pics don't purvey the enthusiastic, stumpy tailed butt wagging goin' on while she does it.

Travis
None taken. When we had Scout, I went and bought a shock collar for IIRC, around $200 when money was pretty tight. I also put him up in his kennel at night. I was just becoming aware of the invisible fences you could get at the time. I think they're a lot more common now than they were just a few back.

I expect we'll eventually get a dog again, but Scout bit the bullet one day when I just let him out to run for a few minutes and he ran right out and got nailed by both a semi and a couple of high school kids going to school. A boy and his girlfriend. They were kind enough to pull back in and tell me about it, even though I heard it happen and was about to go out and check. The girl was crying and the boy, a pretty good high school football player, was about ready to.

Then we had a Viszula that about the same thing happened to. Maybe I'm just not a good dog trainer, and I'm sure that there's a way...but unless we just happen into one, I'm not seeking one out just now.

Scout was given to us by some neighbors who already had five or six dogs after he just showed up there. "Oklahoma" our Viszula, was a rescue dog from the Human Society down in Joplin. They both had good times here before going to Heaven. I wish I could/would have done more to keep them from getting hit, but I tried.
I'm with you Ed.
If that's owned by Dave, I'm a Chippendale Dancer.

P.S. my mutts are in my avatar.
The yellow one has passed.
The Bone Daddy, a 'slick' Airedale from Arizona, 7 years old.

[Linked Image]
Buster is my buddies name. Can't go hunting without him... cool

He's a standard schnauzer, weighs in at 55 pounds. Trained coyote dog.

[Linked Image]

He'll hold a coyote, finish one off, or track a wounded coyote for you. He has been featured in several TV shows on the hunting networks. wink

[Linked Image]

Buster is 8 now, and it doesn't take long for him to get a mastery for what you are hunting, and adapt. Lately, he thinks he's on American Hoggers.

[Linked Image]

I hope everyone gets to have a buddy like Buster in their lifetime!
That is a cool dog! LOL
My hell hound,a Red Heeler / Australian Cattle Dog...tough as a leather boot and smart.
[Linked Image]
Roscoe my 14 year old Pit/boxer
[Linked Image]
The white one is a Spitz of some kind. She is 4 years old
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Buster is my buddies name. Can't go hunting without him... cool He's a standard schnauzer, weighs in at 55 pounds. Trained coyote dog. He'll hold a coyote, finish one off, or track a wounded coyote for you. He has been featured in several TV shows on the hunting networks. wink
Not possible. Coyotes got some sort of nature magic makes 'em invulnerable to dogs of any sort. wink

No coyote would even fight a dog, anyway. They'd just kill one right off the bat, skipping right over the fighting part. grin
Beauty !

GTC
[Linked Image]
Ceana and Doc.. Ceana came from the local shelter 8 years ago at 7 months old, Doc came on board 1 1/2 years ago when he was 2 years old. A family I know split up and couldn't keep him. I think they've bonded.
Originally Posted by amax155
I used to know a Pit/Boxer that ran loose in my old southern Florida neighborhood (Plantation). I knew who owned him, but they never kept him confined. Name was Chopper. Super friendly dog, but one day, when I was walking my male Doberman (Caesar), Chopper got it in his mind to hump him, and nothing would dissuade him of the idea, so once he managed to get on him from behind, my Doberman turned around and tore into him something awful. He had Chopper on his back and by the throat. I didn't interfere, because I wanted Chopper to learn the error of his ways, and I knew Caesar was just going to teach him a lesson, and not kill him. Once it appeared Chopper had fully surrendered, Caesar, in stages, let go and gradually stepped off from on top of him. Just as he was lifting his last paw from him, Chopper reached up and latched onto Caesar's throat from underneath. That was that. Nothing could get him to let go, and the grip was such that Caesar couldn't return the favor. He started losing consciousness after about of minute of this, so having no success in kicking Chopper off, I started looking for something on the ground to use as a weapon. Just then Chopper's owner came running out of the house and pulled him off. He won, but only by trickery.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Latest addition to the K9 family...call sign 'Rommel'

[Linked Image]

IngwedogII The premier fishing dog...Border Collie

[Linked Image]

And the recently gone, but never to be forgotten, Ingwedog..

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by amax155
I used to know a Pit/Boxer that ran loose in my old southern Florida neighborhood (Plantation). I knew who owned him, but they never kept him confined. Name was Chopper. Super friendly dog, but one day, when I was walking my male Doberman (Caesar), Chopper got it in his mind to hump him, and nothing would dissuade him of the idea, so once he managed to get on him from behind, my Doberman turned around and tore into him something awful. He had Chopper on his back and by the throat. I didn't interfere, because I wanted Chopper to learn the error of his ways, and I knew Caesar was just going to teach him a lesson, and not kill him. Once it appeared Chopper had fully surrendered, Caesar, in stages, let go and gradually stepped off from on top of him. Just as he was lifting his last paw from him, Chopper reached up and latched onto Caesar's throat. That was that. Nothing could get him to let go, and the grip was such that Caesar couldn't return the favor. He started losing consciousness after about of minute of this, so having no success in kicking Chopper off, I started looking for something on the ground to use as a weapon. Just then Chopper's owner came running out of the house and pulled him off. He won, but only by trickery.

Those pics are a few years old. He is scarred up now cause he don't realize that he ain't puppy no more.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Is Gracie smilin' or snarlin'?

evidently, does not like to have her picture taken
Posted By: KDK Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Originally Posted by ingwe

[Linked Image]

Good looking pooch, Poobah. I'm not much of a Shepard guy, but I like the looks of him...
[Linked Image]

Jayco
Here's our two;

Lady, the Coydog
[Linked Image]

Abby, the Walker/Rat Terrier Mix
[Linked Image]

Both are avid hunters, Abby being THE best squirrel dog I've seen.

Ed

[Linked Image]

grin
This is Tara Mae, rescued her about a year and half ago. Several guys from the fire helped out with the vet bill and getting her back to health. She's been a great dog, have no idea what breed or mix of breeds she is.

A before and after pic:
[Linked Image]

She always get snacks from the smoker when I'm BBQ'ing:
[Linked Image]

And if I don't watch her, will get into the grease drain from the smoker:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I need to get some recent pics of her.
Originally Posted by 444Matt
This is Tara Mae, rescued her about a year and half ago. Several guys from the fire helped out with the vet bill and getting her back to health. She's been a great dog, have no idea what breed or mix of breeds she is.

A before and after pic:
[Linked Image]

She always get snacks from the smoker when I'm BBQ'ing:
[Linked Image]

And if I don't watch her, will get into the grease drain from the smoker:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I need to get some recent pics of her.
I'm going to guess half German Shepherd half Lab.
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Suckling does strange things to dogs. My Dad had a [bleep] that let a cat that was orphened at 4 weeks suckle on her and she prodced milk for that darn cat, she had never had a litter of pups was fixed and 12 years old.

Was the strangest thing to watch that cat suckle on that dog. crazy
Here's my boy, Scout.

[Linked Image]
Our latest addition. [bleep], Dumber that a bag of hammers and a gun thief.

[Linked Image]

One we just lost, he followed my daughter home from school one day and never left. He was severly beaten by his previous owner and had a lot of mental issues but within a few years he was happy and healthy and a great joy to have around. Mostly lab and I think a little beagle.

[Linked Image]
My Airedale 1 yr 5 months picture taken last week
[Linked Image]

The airedale protecting the baby, he loves the baby picture taken in June
[Linked Image]

Last Christmas
[Linked Image]

The day we brought him home
[Linked Image]

My wife's over coddled mini schnauzer aka "the princess"
[Linked Image]
Jake, AKC Pug, weighs about 26#. Good boy. He is 9 now.

[Linked Image]
No pictures but fifty some years ago, I was the owner of the world's smartest dog. I was a trapper back then and that dog, I never knew what kind he was, was the best asset that a custom trapper could have. A custom trapper was one that people would come to when they needed a particular kind or size of skin in order to make whatever project they were working on. For gloves, small skins, such as rabbits or weasels. For a purse, possums filled the bill and for a nice coat, a coyote or two worked well.

I soon found out that that dog was far more efficient than I was when he proved to me that all he needed to know was what size and he would go bring in the correct animal. Amazing!

All I had to do was show him the stretching board (seems like we had a different name for them back then) and he would hit the road only to come back with the perfect size of the right animal that I needed. Business was good!

All went very well until one day when my wife was going to do some ironing and he mistook the ironing board for a stretcher board. Well, he hit the road in search for the right size skin and has, to this date, never returned.

I miss that dog. frown
Here's Lucy with a limit of Woodcock. The game warden didn't even know we had Woodcock in NC.
[Linked Image]

Here's Lucy receiving her first of many "Do not fetch the kitten" lessons. She's a pretty smart dog but this was difficult for her and she still cannot be entirely relied upon.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
This is the only picture I have of our Miss Winnie on my laptop. She loves to ride in the car, and has no qualms about going to the vet. Strange but loving and wonderful friend she is indeed !

[Linked Image] [/quote]
Posted By: T LEE Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Mine alas are all gone but all fondly remembered. In no particular order.

1 GSD
1 Corgi
1 Sheltie
2 Rat terriers
4 Cocker Spaniels
1 Beagle
1 Greyhound

All but two of the Cockers were rescues, somebody else's throwaway!
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

[Linked Image]

Gracie ! My Hero ! grin
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
Here's Lucy with a limit of Woodcock. The game warden didn't even know we had Woodcock in NC.
[Linked Image]
Love the picture. So Americana, especially with that old style 870 against the tree.
My lil Annie, a Fox Terrier/Rat Terrier mix.
regardless of her size she has no fear, if she were 100 lbs she would be illegal...

Love that lil girl...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This was my Brittany.

[Linked Image]

And my favorite pointer.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My sons dog.
[Linked Image]
Here's my mutt, Remmie. She's almost 7, half black Lab and half Standard Poodle. 74 pounds of intelligent, goofy and highly athletic pooch. We got her as a pup when my was 6 months pregnant with twins. (What the heck were we thinking?)

I was hoping that Remmie would become an upland bird dog and while she's an enthusiastic retriever, her interests lie in bringing to hand a Frisbee, not grouse. When I say bring to hand that's just what I mean. She's trained to bring the Frisbee to my right hand and not release it until she feels my hand on it. She knows that I will not bend or reach for it in any way and she complies with about 99% perfection.

Her other passion is red squirrels. She'll tree one and wait long and patiently for me to show up and shoot the squirrel down. Usually they squirrel comes down dead and bloody, but when they come down still lively, she's more than happy to finish the job. On the subject of little critters, while she doesn't give birds the time of day, I've seen her make beautiful, magazine cover perfect points on gophers, chipmunks and fox squirrels. crazy

She's a goofy darned dog that has earned her place in this family. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Love the picture. So Americana, especially with that old style 870 against the tree.

You sure that's an 870?
[Linked Image]
Yogi-french britt
Willy-Drahthaar
Limit of wild Wisconsin roosters.
Nice stuff. Can't imagine life without a dog around.
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Originally Posted by KDK

[Linked Image]

Good looking pooch, Poobah. I'm not much of a Shepard guy, but I like the looks of him...

heres another...taken this morning..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: isaac Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
My daughters have dogs,I don't.

When I get my British Lab though, I'll gladly post a pic.
Posted By: 1B Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/02/12
Bruinruin,

There ar some mix breeds, like yours, that need to be perpetuated.

That dog has character to spare.

1B
Originally Posted by EdM

Is that your truck??? Hoping not or my perception just went down the crapper. laugh

It is.

And I do not have a wife. That's why I love her.

Travis
Is Max the only Sussex Spaniel in the pound?

[Linked Image]
Not an 870. It's part of my Pre War Ithaca #37 collection.
My personal "Homeland Defense" assistants. Hazer (Male) on right. 4.5 y/o. Tequila (Female) on left.3 y/o.
[Linked Image]

Hazer doesn't like anything stealing the chicken food other than the chickens and himself.
[Linked Image]

Hazer the day I brought him home.
[Linked Image]

Tequila is not your typical high strung heeler...
[Linked Image]

The two of them shared a "special moment" in August. [Linked Image]
Hanklin Delano and Sandy
[Linked Image]

Watching Pack/Vikes, feet up in the air as usual.
[Linked Image]

"No cameras, please. They scare me."
[Linked Image]

The shorter forearm is a dead giveaway.
I'm an 870 guy but I need to get me a 37.
One of the best JRT I've had. Here she is at 12.

[Linked Image]
My hard working Llewellin, Molly...she was watching the NB/WI game, and this is the middle of the fourth quarter... whistle

[Linked Image]

Sadie, who is a griffon/pit bull cross and a rescue dog. She is double smart and a good bird dog. She's beautiful, just ask her. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rocky & Cookie bored to tears in the off-season and happy to be hunting during the season

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM

It is.

And I do not have a wife. That's why I love her.

Travis

I laugh every time I see a pic of your truck with that sticker on it. grin
Maggie .. Black Lab almost 12
Bella .. 8 month old Catahoula / Heeler mix

[Linked Image]
looks like a 37 Ithaca to me.
Some now living with a few of our good members at the Campfire

Buddy
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Rosie
[Linked Image]

Annie
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And...You Poor Man... frown frown
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/luv2safari/PuppiesApril172011andScarlet-Gizzy035.jpg[/img]
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

You sure that's an 870?
Ithaca Featherweight?
Originally Posted by EdM
+1
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 1B
Bruinruin,

1B

Thanks. As Remmie gets older I am starting to regret getting her "fixed". I'd really like to have a pup or 2 out of her.
Originally Posted by digger44

That was my second guess. Just as Americana, though.
Originally Posted by EdM
+1

who ever said you can't buy love has never had a puppy.

I was always raised with dogs, and it taught me to always respect animals, the dog relies on his human counter part for every thing, we raise and bred dogs to be retrievers, hunters, security guards, seeing eye dogs, ETC. but at the end of the day they are your best friend and companion no matter what even if they fail at there intended duties.

The dog while thought of as "dumb" my be the most intelligent species on earth, they have some how convinced the top predator to feed them, care for them and let them sleep on there couch. I love my dog and can honestly say the he is my best friend. Even when I feel that cold nose against my back at 2 in the morning
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
I love my dog and can honestly say the he is my best friend. Even when I feel that cold nose against my back at 2 in the morning
grin When my dog has had enough of me ignoring her while I'm at my computer, she will come up from behind and push her cold nose against the back of my right arm just above my elbow, pushing it off the arm rest. She'll repeat it till I turn around and focus all my attention on her for a few minutes.
I had a 37 Featherweight in 20 gauge (modified choke) in my early twenties. I should have recognized it.
[Linked Image]

Well, I kinda hate to show ya'll up so I waited a while. Grandson and Oscar. Miniature wiener dog but still all dog.

[Linked Image]
some nicer pics of Petey

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My main man Gus

From this:
[Linked Image]

To this:
[Linked Image]

Home protection
[Linked Image]

And one long gone but always present
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is zeus, home protection mans best friend, and the wifes baby.

He has a little sister that looks exactly like her, but i dont have pics of her on here
my corgis " dobie "

[Linked Image]

tipsey

[Linked Image]

shorty

[Linked Image]
The dogs and I walked out of town this morning. Zoe (brindle) and Rocky (fawn) with the metropolis in the background.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by acooper1983
[Linked Image]

This is zeus, home protection mans best friend, and the wifes baby.

He has a little sister that looks exactly like her, but i dont have pics of her on here
What breed?
Pete, Sophie, and Sally.
[Linked Image]

Sophie (GSP)
[Linked Image]

Sally (Mtn Cur)
[Linked Image]

Pete (GSP)
He's getting old so he spends most of his time in front of the wood stove or treeing the local Squirrel's, but just likle the girls,,, he's a better dog than I probably deserve.
[Linked Image]

PS,,, the girls are essentialy the Odd Couple, but they have some skills.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 1B
Bruinruin,

1B

Sure captures my heart,and imagination.

Hell of a "Hybrid Vigor" pooch there, for sure.

GTC
Ol' Tank, a great hunting dog and friend. Been gone for 2 years now.
[Linked Image]

Duke, a high speed bundle of bird hunting fury. 10 years old and still hunts like he did at 5.
[Linked Image]

Koli, the most easily trained dog I've ever been around. Destined to be a very memorable dog with tons of personality and talent.
[Linked Image]
APBT. Jeep and razor edge.
Our 4 1/2 year old Airedale:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So much for the glamour shots. Here he is doing what he likes best - playing with "his" kids:

[Linked Image]
lots of airedales here, i was raised with terriers both working line airedales, and working line pitbulls. Love both breeds for their tenacity, heart, and how great of a family dog they are, if the owner is up to the task. both can be extremly hard headed escape artists who are easily bored, and can become destructive.
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/03/12
I've really enjoyed this thread! Keep the pics coming!
Posted By: mart Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/03/12
Our Brittany, Willow. She was a rescue dog three years ago. Sweetest dog we have ever had.

[Linked Image]

Recent trip to eastern Washington and a nose full of huns.

[Linked Image]

She stayed out playing in the snow a little too long one day last winter. She came in shivering so I wrapped her up in an afghan. She's not spoiled at all. Really.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/03/12
They deserve the spoiling smile The rescue dogs never forget!

Travis

Absolutely. Their idiot owners are a different kettle of fish altogether, alas.
Best dog I've every had by far
Lost her about 5 months ago.
[Linked Image]

The loony tunes Lab that owns me now

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Well, I kinda hate to show ya'll up so I waited a while. Grandson and Oscar. Miniature wiener dog but still all dog.

[Linked Image]

I don't dare let my wife see this. eek

cute... laugh
She is a psycho bitch, but her agility I marvel. And no, she can't be trusted.

[Linked Image]
Don't believe that I could be trusted either! laugh
This was Teak, coolest damn coat of any golden I've ever seen, and he was hell on all things with wings.

[Linked Image]

Chance... bit of a [bleep]-tard, but he's learning...

[Linked Image]

And Bode... might be the best bird-dog we've had.

[Linked Image]

Little bird gettin' last year.

[Linked Image]
Miss Jenny is 9 years old and still has quite a bit of fire. Had a couple tough situations over the years with her and thought we might loose her. She hung in and between some steroids and lovin' she's doing great!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Tanner, that coat on Teak looks like it is tight, wavey and somewhat short. That is more or less, the prescription for an English golden, something along the lines of Holloway Barty and his most notable offspring Topbrass Cotton. Did he have a white forelock on his head?

We had a golden from that lineage anyway, and he had that sort of coat. It is hard to see here however. He has the white forelock too, which is branding of Cotton's lineage. However, the white on his forehead in this picture is mostly just glare

[Linked Image]
CH. Scottie Knockando McTavish. The best dang dog I ever owned.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by BrentD
Tanner, that coat on Teak looks like it is tight, wavey and somewhat short. That is more or less, the prescription for an English golden, something along the lines of Holloway Barty and his most notable offspring Topbrass Cotton. Did he have a white forelock on his head?

We had a golden from that lineage anyway, and he had that sort of coat. It is hard to see here however. He has the white forelock too, which is branding of Cotton's lineage. However, the white on his forehead in this picture is mostly just glare

[Linked Image]
Brent, Teak's coat was sort of like you describe, but as he matured it became really tight, short little curls, pretty much from his neck all the way back, and his coat never got long at all. I don't know much about dogs or Goldens at all, but I can say I've never seen another like him. I'll post some other pics when I get home for break and you can tell me if you think it's just an oddity or something different.

Great pic, BTW! Love that little white spot on your golden.
Teak, Here is a picture of Topbrass Cotton. I don't have better pictures of Ande's coat but I think you are talking about something like this.

[Linked Image]

Cotton was among the most important, maybe THE most important field golden of all time - at least in America. He was a prolific breeder and one that certainly deserved it. So, there are many dogs with a connection to him.
http://www.theretrievernews.com/Library/HallofFameDogs/TopbrassCotton93

Here is just one of many of his greatgrandkids.
[Linked Image]

If memory serves, Holloway Barty was Cotton's dad. Bart was an English dog that had the same tight wavy coat (quite a bit more than Cotton's), and another champion retriever.

GOOD goldens are like nothing else. Sounds like you have seen a few.

This is my current golden. He's pretty special too, but he doesn't have the wavy coat and he doesn't have the white forelock.

[Linked Image]
Both pound dogs, one a lab/border collie and the other a Blue Tic Coon hound/english pointer.

Love those litte boogers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/07/12

[Linked Image]

Great picture.
Originally Posted by Grunt_0351
Both pound dogs, one a lab/border collie and the other a Blue Tic Coon hound/english pointer.

Love those litte boogers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Someone else loves them, too. wink
Tanner, here is another picture of Ande that shows his coat a little better. I just don't have many digital pictures handy

[Linked Image]
Grunt,
Those are two awesome pictures.
ingwe,
love your dogs name,very fitting

[Linked Image]
Red Heeler for me. Goes by the name of Puck

[Linked Image]

Loves to hear a rifle go off
Originally Posted by Ravenr2

[Linked Image]
Red Heeler for me. Goes by the name of Puck

laugh He looks like he thinks he took that moose down on his own.

Is that a Winchester 94? What's it chambered for? Load?
Sweet pic!

That a full red heeler?

Couple of my buddies have heeler dogs, reds and blues.

I have always loved heelers.

Their version. Tough as nails dogs who can keep up with a good moving cow horse all day long if it's not too hot.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

learned it from his 1/2 brother

Win 94 in 30-30. Moose fell to a single 170grn.
In its bed at 10 yds
Sam
I can't claim full blood
G-ma had some pitt in her
white dog with the lion was 75 Lbs
and feared nothing that walked the
face of the earth.
The red one is 38 Lbs and doesn't
have quite the same sic'em.
More red than not thou
Beautiful pictures, every single one of them.

In one of the pics, one of the dogs was shown wrapped in an afghan because she stayed out a bit too long.

One of my favorite German Shepherds (trained by the resident Beagle - Solo), Boomer, was laid to rest wrapped in the red, white, and blue afghan that my arthritic mom made for me. I believe they are both snuggled with the afghan now.

Thanks to all for sharing.
Posted By: GeoW Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/07/12

Harvey, 12 and still a cat's worst nightmare...

[Linked Image]
Ravenr, your 'lion' dog looks like it means business.

The best dog my dad ever had was half blue heeler, part kelpie, part somethin' else. We pulled him out from under one of the old buildings at the Hill Ranch.

Awesome smart dog. Beyond loyal and didn't [bleep] around when it came to defending his turf. Great dog for working cattle in the corral, not afraid and always got away when it was time to retreat....grin
Posted By: isaac Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/07/12
Brent...what breeder did you get your current golden from?
Gaylan's. http://www.gaylans.com/dogs.html

Gus's (aka Give Me Liberty) litter
http://www.gaylans.com/dogs.html

Originally Posted by Ravenr2
[Linked Image]

learned it from his 1/2 brother

Win 94 in 30-30. Moose fell to a single 170grn.
In its bed at 10 yds
I love hearing that about the venerable 30-30, especially in a classy gun like the 94. What you really needed, though, was a .416 Remington Magnum with solids. grin
Hawk
The rifle belonged to my mother who in her hunting
years accounted for another moose, 20+ elk and more deer and antelope than I can count.
Was all she ever needed and could of kept the family fed
by herself, if needed.
Those years we didn't know it would be considered "too"
small later.
I do like the 416 also
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Buster is my buddies name. Can't go hunting without him... cool

He's a standard schnauzer, weighs in at 55 pounds. Trained coyote dog.

[Linked Image]

He'll hold a coyote, finish one off, or track a wounded coyote for you. He has been featured in several TV shows on the hunting networks. wink

[Linked Image]

Buster is 8 now, and it doesn't take long for him to get a mastery for what you are hunting, and adapt. Lately, he thinks he's on American Hoggers.

[Linked Image]

I hope everyone gets to have a buddy like Buster in their lifetime!

I used to have a standard and a giant....absolutely wonderful dogs and smart as hell
Grunt,
Those are two awesome pictures.

Thank you sir!
Riley the mighty pheasant dog....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

... and here's a pic of his daddy, field-trialing...

[Linked Image]
1st is Paisley, my lab/hound mix....loves to be outdoors
[Linked Image]

2nd is Colombo, he was abused and starved, we rescued him and he has been a great dog....full blood black & Tan coonhound
[Linked Image]

This is my wifes little buddy....Gracie our minature schnauzer
[Linked Image]

And here is Kaiser....he has passed and is probably the greatest dog I ever met, truly a best friend....he was a Giant Schanuzer
[Linked Image]

Home protection
[Linked Image]

Tervuren?
no, she is a long coat Czechoslovakia German Shepherd out of Montana. Long way of saying "the wife's dog" but also a great dog. She is way cool.
Here is one we have no longer. This is Charlie, previously known as "Badger" when we got him as a rescue. He was supposed to be 15 yrs old at the time. I think more like 13+. Anyway, he is NOT a field golden but he sure was a great dog fir the 19 mo that we had with him. For some reason, I don't have many his best pictures on this damn computer for some reason.

[Linked Image]
10 year old pound dog, lab mix "Stormy". Got her during a snow storm.

[Linked Image]

9 year old pound dog, lab mix Windy". Got her during a wind storm almost a year after Stormy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: add Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/07/12
Brent, our male is heavy with Top Brass Cotton-Frisbie (white splash on chest), the female has just one or two TB in her line I think... wonderful dogs.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This is Sammy, she is the only dog I have ever had, pure bred chocolate lab, was about 8 years old in this picture. She is 10YO now and has lost a step or two, but is still good for a couple rounds of fetch.

This is the only picture I have of her on my work computer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Otter Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/07/12
All of our dogs are pound/rescue animals . . . they fill out our lives.

TJ, the youngest, just turned 3 (approx 5 mo in picture)
[Linked Image]

Katy, just turned 4 (again, approx 5 mo in picture)
[Linked Image]

Pete, now 11 yrs (approx 7 in picture)
[Linked Image]

Millie, the eldest at 13 yrs (approx 9 in picture)
[Linked Image]

TJ was rescued from certain demise by a 6 yo girl (according to her parents. Katy was rescued from a family that was going through some difficult medical issues. Pete was our "first" after we moved here and came from a no kill shelter in MO. Millie is ours now but started out as our "grand-dog", our daughter had her in college and we inherited her when she graduated and moved out of state. They are all a huge part of our family now. I have had a dog since I was 2 years old and can't imagine not having one or more around.

Clifford, the Blackmouth Cur. Got him from a kill shelter in Houston. He trees every cat in the neighborhood. Hoping to try him out on real cats this winter.

[Linked Image]
Clifford is one HANDSOME DUDE!!
Thanks. I believe he is from the Ladner line of Blackmouth curs.
Posted By: JPro Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/07/12
Dogcatcher223, that's a handsome cur. We had a really good female Blackmouth when I was a teenager. She was stocky and square, probably 70-75lbs or so, and was half Catahoula. Her coloring was the tan with the black-ish muzzle. She was good with kids and family but had a big prey-drive, so we had to pen her most of the time. If you wanted to hunt it, she was all for it. If you wanted to sic her on something or somebody, she was all for that too.

My pups these days run toward the smaller end of the spectrum.

Here's Roscoe and Woody doing what rat terriers were bred to do.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's the new addition and his name is Jasper. I'm not sure what he's going to turn out like, but he's from a Rat Terrier bitch that had a litter of 4 big puppies. The breed of the sire is unknown. Jasper's got no tail at all.

[Linked Image]

Wife sent me that pic by cell-phone when she came across a rescue-group trying to find home for a litter of pups. We're on day 6 and he's proving to be fairly bright. I said I was done with bigger dogs in the house, guess I was wrong..... grin
our pair of terriers...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

out checking the deer feeders & soakin up the rays...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I like Bostons. Were you aware that they were originally miniaturized Pitbulls? Boston was one of the first cities in the US to outlaw dog fighting, so it had to go underground. In order to do that successfully, only the smallest examples of Pitbulls could be used, only those small enough to transport to the fight location in a small suitcase. Gradually, through this selection and breeding process where only the smallest Pitbulls were bred to one another, they became something close to the Boston Terrier we know today. It's thought that at some point in their history, after they stopped fighting them and they became more popular as pets and in the show ring, some French Bulldog was added to their stock to shorten their faces somewhat, since short-faced specimens were tending to win the shows.

Here's a shot of a pair of pre-1890 Boston Terriers.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by EdM
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Travis

It looks like a late 70's Toyota or Nissan pickup. 100# labs are pretty common so the proportions are right. It not a trick.

[Linked Image]
Kara when we first got her. So far has more looks than smarts but we know Aussies are very quick learners. She's right at the age for us to start her learnin'.
A rescued beleaguered and abused stray..
Rowan, best darn dog I have ever had
[Linked Image]
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
I'm really enjoying this thread, I never get tired of seeing other people's dogs!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
Well then, heres another...

IngwedogII..the fishdog..

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here is Jaeger. 3.5 years old

Duck hunting on opening morning
[Linked Image]

Running winter fat off lookin for sheds
[Linked Image]

From a day at the lake last summer
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pheasant huntin
[Linked Image]

Sharp tail huntin
[Linked Image]

Learning to swim
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/Picture043.jpg[/img]

Helping BBQ
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/cole_smith/Picture012-1.jpg[/img]
Nice country! You still have that photo of you throwing the dog in the water?
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Riley the mighty pheasant dog....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

... and here's a pic of his daddy, field-trialing...

[Linked Image]

Looks like he wants to trade his ball for a highball. laugh
Great series of pics! I like these!! laugh
Britney we received from moms co-worker. We were her 4th home in her first 9 months. Too much dog to handle for older folks with health problems and couples with kids.

Glad things didn't work out with those other families. Best damned dog I've ever met. Smart, loyal, and very protective of her turf.

No hunting photos but she is a cold blooded killer in the field despite very little training. She is the type of dog that could hunt evey day of the year and still want more field time.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dont recall that...the only one of those I remember was Northern Dave teaching his new dog to swim grin

Another pic of the fish dog with a pard and a big pan full-o-fryers! grin

[Linked Image]
Here is ours. She is past the tough stage.Being 14, it's mostly sleeping on the couch, but she still likes to go for rides and barks at cattle she sees along the road in pastures.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: isaac Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
I'm about 2 hours away from pulling the trigger on a English yellow lab that can be flown to me via Reagan National on the 29th.

I could have done it a hour ago but I'm waffling as to whether I should tell Karen. Well, I did tell her I bought her a hardwood floor steam cleaner which is something she's wanted. I left out the reason for buying it for her now,though.

I sense a "simple misunderstanding" discussion in my near future.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
As of mid-summer, my new mantra at work has become "It's better to ask forgiveness....." Embrace it, Bob grin !
Posted By: johnw Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
Ingwe...

The guy in that pic is the spittin' image of my brother...

Do you fish with a guy from Wichita named Dan?
Bob...if its a yellow lab puppy, dont tell her, just go get it, hand it, and a ball peen hammer to her and tell her if she doesnt want it, go ahead and kill it...

pic to demonstrate how likely that is to happen...
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by johnw
Ingwe...

The guy in that pic is the spittin' image of my brother...

Do you fish with a guy from Wichita named Dan?

Nope! I heard your brother is nice...this guy isnt grin
Posted By: isaac Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
That did it for me, Tom. Thank you, good man!
Lab/Shar-pei mix bro & sis. The blonde takes birds and squirrels off the feeder real regular, territorial as hell. The old boy just lays and watches her, nothing excites him but the grandkids or the neighbors female lab.
[Linked Image]

Don`t hunt for anything but a handout or heat source this time of year though
[Linked Image]
Good looking pair.
Originally Posted by FyrepowrX
our pair of terriers...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

out checking the deer feeders & soakin up the rays...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I had to put my boston down 3 years ago, buddy was a 3 generation dog, he was my grandpas, and when he passed my dad got him, then when dad passed i got him. I cryed like a baby when they gave him that shot.
Originally Posted by RISJR
I'm about 2 hours away from pulling the trigger on a English yellow lab that can be flown to me via Reagan National on the 29th.

I could have done it a hour ago but I'm waffling as to whether I should tell Karen. Well, I did tell her I bought her a hardwood floor steam cleaner which is something she's wanted. I left out the reason for buying it for her now,though.

My bird hunting pard has an English lab, a chocolate. Awesome dog. Birdy as all get out with tons of drive. Great in camp as well.

If only obviously.......Ya better post some pics when ya get your new buddy!
Originally Posted by acooper1983
I cryed like a baby when they gave him that shot.
Every time.

He was a handsome dog.
Posted By: Moby1 Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
This is Tigh. He is an eight year old smooth coat Border Collie:

[Linked Image]

and right now he is pissed at me, because we just picked up Tikka about 4 weeks ago. She is also a smooth coat Border Collie.

[Linked Image]
Shes a doll...

Nothing like Border Collie...
I dont have a bunch of pictures of my dogs period, let alone on photobucket, but lets see what I have:

Super aggressive, nasty, mean yellow lab:
[Linked Image]

My little sweetheart of a bulldog. She loves everyone. Scared of her own shadow but shes a good girl and very vocal when she doesn't like something, which is perfect because she lets my boys and me know...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The one on the right is my old man, a pound pup and best dog ever. His name is Ojos as he has a blue eye and a brown eye. I know with out a doubt that if anyone breaks in and tries to get to my family when he is home and I am not, they will leave with some stiches. Absolutely a great dog. He's getting up there at nearly 9 years old, and I have to watch him around kids he doesn't know as he is running low on patience but still a amazing dog!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jpb Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Super aggressive, nasty, mean yellow lab:
[Linked Image]

Yes, you sure have to watch those vicious yellow labs! smile

That is a great picture!

John
Posted By: Moby1 Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12
Shes a doll...

Nothing like Border Collie...

You've gotthat right Ingwe. If I am not mistaken there was a bit of Border Collie in Ingwedog 1, wasn't there ?

Dont recall that...the only one of those I remember was Northern Dave teaching his new dog to swim grin

Another pic of the fish dog with a pard and a big pan full-o-fryers! grin

[Linked Image]

You're right, maybe he'll see this and hang some pics.
Originally Posted by RISJR

You lucky Dog! Post some pics when you get some time.
Bob...if its a yellow lab puppy, dont tell her, just go get it, hand it, and a ball peen hammer to her and tell her if she doesnt want it, go ahead and kill it...

pic to demonstrate how likely that is to happen...
[Linked Image]

Puppies that cute should be illegal! :>) I just want to squeeze him and take a big whiff of his belly!
Posted By: Pugs Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/08/12

Puppies that cute should be illegal! :>) I just want to squeeze him and take a big whiff of his belly!

No one can be sad with a snout full of puppy breath.
Posted By: okok Re: 24 HOURCAMPFIRE DOG POUND... - 12/10/12
Well Bob?
© 24hourcampfire