Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Anjin Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This likely will stir up the animal rights types.

As I understand it, the park was never natural habitat to wolves and the idea of stocking them there almost guaranteed that they would spread out to prey on livestock. Am I wrong?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/s...led-outside-yellowstone.html?hp&_r=0

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love a feel good story.

The only thing I might not like is the collar wasn't thrown into the river.. smirk

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haha! Darn, I was planning on wading through all of the tourists to go look at that wolf one day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd love to whack one by the 320 ranch and then ask some tourists to help me load it into the truck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder what bullet? grin...

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Anjin

As I understand it, the park was never natural habitat to wolves and the idea of stocking them there almost guaranteed that they would spread out to prey on livestock. Am I wrong?

I don't know about that, but putting a four-legged creature down anywhere pretty much guarantees they will spread out once their population reaches carrying capacity for the habitat.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Honey! Look at the wolf!"..

BOOM.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Anjin

I believe wolves were always native to the area, and in fact one of the arguments against reintroduction was that some believed wolves were still present in small numbers.If so, the reintroduction of wolves being of a different sub species would "contaminate" the DNA of the local population so to speak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Central Idaho has always had wolves. They were smaller and more docile than the Canadian imports. The reintroduction was in direct violation of the Endangered Species Act and the natives have since been bred out of existence. This thing wasn't about preserving a species anyway. It was about stopping hunting.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Central This thing wasn't about preserving a species anyway. It was about stopping hunting.

I'm not an expert, but after reading various articles on the matter, that was my take on matter as well..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As smart as some folks claim them things to be I felt sure they could read the park boundry signs and stay on the right side.

Quando Omni Moritati
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
They left out the fact that this was an undocumented immigrant single parent lesbian vegan wolf.... on its way to Whole Foods to grab some supper no doubt...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully it was a head shot..you know the kind that leaves the eyes bugging out...

Then, post a pic in local newspaper.

Tony

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Central Idaho has always had wolves. They were smaller and more docile than the Canadian imports. The reintroduction was in direct violation of the Endangered Species Act and the natives have since been bred out of existence. This thing wasn't about preserving a species anyway. It was about stopping hunting.

They were also in the Commissary Ridge area of WY before the "reintroduction"

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Tanner
Wonder what bullet? grin...

Why it was Wolf ammo, 223 bulk in a 500 round brick. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Those dang Canadians Wolfies just don't seem to recognize a border when they see one. Think Pete could confirm that Canadian beavers are also eating their way through the English forest.
Pretty sure they didn't swim over. laugh

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
They left out the fact that this was an undocumented immigrant single parent lesbian vegan wolf raised by itself in a lead dust contaminated ozone depleted atmosphere and someone touched its genitals when it was 2 wks old.... on its way to Whole Foods to grab some supper no doubt...

There I fixed it for you

Magnum Man

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tangozulu
Think Pete could confirm that Canadian beavers are also eating their way through the English forest.

Sounds dirty

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Hats off to the guy that got her!!!! Keep on shootin 'em

Life's a game, hunting is serious.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I couldn't find the comments on that article but wonder if the article it referenced at the bottom had a comment section. One of my co-workers has been battling the greenies in the comment section for a week now.

People amaze me. It is no wonder are country is where it is at when you read the comments.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 204guy, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,855 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,851
Posts18,496,993
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.