-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My favorite was the 200 yard balloon with the .22 derringer..classic!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
to bad , he was a great shooter with both pistol and rifle.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That's bad news.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Butte, Montana, USA

Bob Munden Has Died

Bob Munden, known perhaps equally as a fierce Fast-Draw competitor who was recognized by Guinness World Records as The Fastest Man with a Gun Who Ever Lived, as an exhibition shooter of the highest order with all kinds of firearms; an entertainer as well as a master gun smith who developed groundbreaking methods of customizing to
perfection the beloved .45 caliber single action revolver and other guns, died Monday of heart failure.

Munden�s wife and performance partner Becky said Tuesday she was driving home with Bob after treatment at a Missoula hospital for what doctors described as a mild heart attack. At some point between Missoula and their home of Butte, Bob mentioned he was experiencing chest pains, told Becky to keep on driving, and died.

The 70-year-old shooting sports superstar was pronounced dead upon arrival at St. James Heathcare in Butte.

This is copied from his facebook homepage.

RIP...
I always enjoyed watching him shoot.

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Sorry to hear about Bob. I went to school with him, nice kid and great athlete and life was tough for alot of families in Big Bear those days.talked to last about 15 yrs ago seemed like the same guy. RIP

IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Bailed him out once. Back in the the early 90's, delivered 20k in cash to some lawyer in Cape May, NJ. in exchange for a bag of handguns. Turns out, they were his and my employeer put up,the cash for his handguns.
Just remembered that I got drunker than 10 indians waiting for my return flight to Chicago, and had a difficult time bringing the guns on the flight. Needless to say the airlines okayed bringing on the guns in a carry on soft flight bag.
Those were the days.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always enjoyed his annual show at the Dixie Deer Classic in Raleigh - he was both an excellent exhibition shooter and a great entertainer.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear Bob Munden died. Several years ago, I watched him put on his show at the Boise Gun Show. You can't realize just how fast he was without standing nearby and watching him draw and shoot.

After the exhibition outside the building, I talked with him and John Taffin at length, at their table inside the show. Interesting conversation.

Rocky, did you have a booth at that particular show when Bob was there?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cal Erlich is not only a fast draw champion, he is a very good home builder who built my son's house in Fernley NV.

He told me that although he was very good, Bob Munden was in a different universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIFKsnJiv2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQo2Or1PuEI

Last edited by luv2safari; 12/11/12.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I was privileged to have met him twice. I wasn't ready for his passing. Really was a good guy and humble. Okay, I lied about the humble part but still a good guy. RIP

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

RIP Mr.Munden

Sad news.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, spoke with him a few years ago on the phone, realized we knew some of the same people in different parts of the country. Prayers to his family.

Tim

"I hate rude behaviour in a man .....I won't tolerate it." Capt. Woodrow F. Call (Tommy Lee Jones) The Movie "Lonesome Dove"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 53 invisible), 2,340 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.