-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This guy being an agent of the devil himself explains the whole deal.

Of course, if you are too "enlightened" to believe that EVIL exists, then you must keep searching for something else.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Arac
Do you need a license in the US to purchase a firearm? Does it vary from state to state? The media seems to make it like anyone can just either walk into a store and buy a firearm or order one off the internet.

Here in Canada we need to take a training course and then apply for a Posession and Acquisition License. We then have to fill out the following application:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/form-formulaire/pdfs/5592-eng.pdf

You walk into a store, see a gun you like, fill out a form, pass an instant background check that says you are not a felon nor have you been locked up for a mental disorder, pay your money and walk out if it is a long gun. Most states have some sort of waiting period, something like 3 to five days for handguns. But this kid was 20 and you must be 21 to buy a handgun.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by fixitquick79
Given my experience with asbergers and autism, if this kid had a break and thought these children were somehow "taking his mother". It very well could cause this type of reaction. Now I am not saying that all with autism and/or asbergers are capable of doing this type of thing, even remotely. But if he displayed obsessive behavior as an aspect of his condition he would not see these children or adults as people as we do. He would merely see them as obstacles and bad people that took his mother's attention from him.

If that is the case would he have killed her mother in that scenario, seems if he wanted to save her from the kids the last thing he would do is shoot here as well. Just thinking in my rational world.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by bucktales
I also am praying for the first responders.
To witness that sort of carnage, especially children,will leave a lasting impression.

Absoluely. When I was FF/EMT some of the things we saw concerning children still haunt me and wake me up at night.

God bless the first responders....Police, FF and ER staff too.

And as with any small community such as this incident is reported to have happened in, it's entirely possible that some of the deceased were known and maybe even related to some of the first responders that entered the school building.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Not at all. If he thought his mother betrayed him by not giving him the attention he felt he deserved. He very much could have killed her in the moment then "went after" those he felt responsible for the whole thing. Asbergers sufferers often do not blame themselves for anything. Many times they are very self focused so it becomes what "these terrible people are doing to me".

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not at all. If he thought his mother betrayed him by not giving him the attention he felt he deserved. He very much could have killed her in the moment then "went after" those he felt responsible for the whole thing. Asbergers sufferers often do not blame themselves for anything. Many times they are very self focused so it becomes what "these terrible people are doing to me".

Okay, thanks for the explanation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
".........how academia works."

Now that's an oxymoron to rank right up there with "military intelligence".

Oh , academia works alright , insidiously , insidious enough to fool a lot of people.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Scott F
Do you need a license in the US to purchase a firearm? Does it vary from state to state? The media seems to make it like anyone can just either walk into a store and buy a firearm or order one off the internet.

Here in Canada we need to take a training course and then apply for a Posession and Acquisition License. We then have to fill out the following application:

You walk into a store, see a gun you like, fill out a form, pass an instant background check that says you are not a felon nor have you been locked up for a mental disorder, pay your money and walk out if it is a long gun. Most states have some sort of waiting period, something like 3 to five days for handguns. But this kid was 20 and you must be 21 to buy a handgun.

I see. Thanks for the info.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Glad to help. I forgot one thing, if you have a concealed carry permit you have already had a background check and in most states can walk out without the waiting period. You still have to fill out the four page federal form and pass an instant background check but I walked into a store and walked out with a new 1911 in less than thirty minutes.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Oh , academia works alright , insidiously , insidious enough to fool a lot of people.

Mike

Not nearly so well as those that work so hard to fool themselves however.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I wonder why he killed himself then???? He must of felt responsible for something.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You registered three years ago and you have 400+ posts and ask that question? You pulled up a link to the requirements in Canada and damn sure could have typed your question into Google but you know the answer....stop being a trolling dickhead!

Dave

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Absolutely horrifying. Been staring out the window all day wanting to puke. Those poor families. And this school has more safety measures than any I have heard of. I drove by my kids school after hearing this and watched them playing on recess...only a 4 foot fence separating them from a major highway. Anyone with a gun or a knife could jump the fence and cause this type of horror. Of course it could be the mall, church or movie theater also. Keep em home forever?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Mike

Not nearly so well as those that work so hard to fool themselves however.

I guess you'd know about that one.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my heart goes out to those affected by this horrible atrocity.

but there's to be mucho collateral damage as well.

if you choose to arm yourself or bear arms in this society, it's going to become exceedingly difficult to do so.

you may indeed have to make the choice whether you remain law abiding or not.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
... a person who can take a gun point it at a childs face and pull the trigger is so far gone that no law will make a difference in they're decision.

+1

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pa_gus

Ryan Lanza is apparently the shooter's brother. Adam Lanza is the shooter (according to CBS news).

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

NOt only must be 21, but if he lived in NJ you have to pass a mental health and criminal background check. 3 references. it often takes months to do the background hceck, and rarely under a month.

That permit is good for one handgun for 90 days only. once it expires, the entire process must be repeated.

It took me 9 months to get a final approval/permit for a handgun last year.
Time it takes to complete background hceck varies tremendously by municipality, but the rules are the same.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RDW

You registered three years ago and you have 400+ posts and ask that question? You pulled up a link to the requirements in Canada and damn sure could have typed your question into Google but you know the answer....stop being a trolling dickhead!

GFY

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crockettnj

NOt only must be 21, but if he lived in NJ you have to pass a mental health and criminal background check. 3 references. it often takes months to do the background hceck, and rarely under a month.

That permit is good for one handgun for 90 days only. once it expires, the entire process must be repeated.

It took me 9 months to get a final approval/permit for a handgun last year.
Time it takes to complete background hceck varies tremendously by municipality, but the rules are the same.

Thanks for providing this detailed explanation. Nine months seems like a very long time for a law-abiding citizen to wait for a permit to purchase a handgun.

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,253 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,190
Posts18,523,946
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.