Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Here in CT the high schools usually have resource officers assigned, but unfortunately most elementary and middle schools do not especially in the smaller towns. They just don't have the manpower in the departments or the budget to add the necessary staff. Everything is segmented, not regionalized for the most part. Each town an entity to itself.

But I can see a push coming for increasing PD budget dollars, adding staff and raising taxes on everyone in an already heavy taxed area of the country.

GB1

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
That's true but if what you say is true that would not have worked. The first person he would have shot would have been the police officer.

Maybe.

I'm waiting to hear if there was a school district Cop at this school. I have taught for 25 years at a big city school with Cops, and yes they are a deterrent, as well as becoming a valuable interface accessible between the kid and the legal system.

Up until now it has been my impression that these school shootings have occurred in places where there AREN'T Cops on campus. Whatever sick impulse drives these psychopaths, getting in a gunbattle with Cops doesn't seem to be a part of what they want.

Birdwatcher

No cop at this school.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is truly heartbreaking. I can't even imagine the terror on those little kids faces without tearing up. I came home early this afternoon just to hug my 7 and 9 year old boys and make sure they know how much I love them. Prayers for everyone affected by this [bleep] azzhole who did this.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The first person he would have shot would have been the police officer.

Maybe/maybe not....good chance he wouldn't have showed up knowing there is an armed guard on premises.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelringer
Here in CT the high schools usually have resource officers assigned, but unfortunately most elementary and middle schools do not especially in the smaller towns. They just don't have the manpower in the departments or the budget to add the necessary staff. Everything is segmented, not regionalized for the most part. Each town an entity to itself.

But I can see a push coming for increasing PD budget dollars, adding staff and raising taxes on everyone in an already heavy taxed area of the country.

Those would be dollars well spent. A whole lot better spent than some hair brained things states spend money on. Had they done that a year ago there would me a lot less teers this week.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is why they choose schools. They ain't supermen, they are loser POS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
That's true but if what you say is true that would not have worked. The first person he would have shot would have been the police officer.

Maybe.

I'm waiting to hear if there was a school district Cop at this school. I have taught for 25 years at a big city school with Cops, and yes they are a deterrent, as well as becoming a valuable interface accessible between the kid and the legal system.

Up until now it has been my impression that these school shootings have occurred in places where there AREN'T Cops on campus. Whatever sick impulse drives these psychopaths, getting in a gunbattle with Cops doesn't seem to be a part of what they want.

Birdwatcher

It is a deterrent. They are cowards. The ones with BBs for balls shoot themselves and hope it doesn't hurt, the others get to stand around in court like that goofy bastard with the red hair that shot up the picture show and look crazy. If they thought for one minute that they were going to get shot before they could do what they want to do they would move on to another "Gun Free Zone". and even if they did shoot the Cop first well then that's one less bullet for a kid.

Nobody likes the thought of having to have a policeman wandering the halls at their kid's school. Well, welcome to the 21st Century and what WE have made it. I don't like the thought of some POS wandering the halls shooting kindergardeners very much at all. I'd rather have the Cop any day. I'd rather have my own damn pistol even more.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F
Scott, I will address your post because I respect you and your style of posting here. The 1968 GCA and other Federal laws impact and regulate private firearms transactions. Guidelines like minimum age requirements for handgun/longuns, residency of same state requirements and the definition of "prohibited persons" affects all transactions which include private sales.

So many things went wrong in today's tragedy no new laws could have prevented it. There were many laws that were broken, both Federal and State of CT.

Leaves that empty feeling in one's stomach knowing our children are so vulnerable. Laws have not made that any better.

Thanks for the info. I learned something today. See, old dogs can learn. wink

Yup, I learned something today to, private sales are illegal.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Yup, I learned something today to, private sales are illegal.

You are incorrect, now you have learned something.

Last edited by heavywalker; 12/14/12.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was working up a trade for a rifle with a young man I have known for years. He was one of the strays we had in our home years ago. Would work but he is in Oregon. frown

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As more and more stuff comes out on this Adam Lanza, he's is being described as a 'disturbed' 20 yr old...

so once again, we have some friggin punk that has an identity crisis.. so he acts out like all of these video games out that they go and kill everyone else in the world...

if the SOB punk killed himself, what a rip off... too bad he couldn't have been blown away from someone with a CCW before he could kill as many as he did..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Those would be dollars well spent. A whole lot better spent than some hair brained things states spend money on. Had they done that a year ago there would me a lot less teers this week.

Very true.
No other departments will give up any of THEIR funds, everyone is unionized, and making attempts to control spending when the local economy can not support much more taxation makes the process quite difficult. Roads are falling apart, buildings are falling apart and are over capacity, bridges are past their lifespans but towns like mine approve a $25M track and field facility with a parking lot. Priorities are surely a mess that's for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As this tragedy is being reported I think of the times at my daughter and sons elementary school seeing not only my kids, but all the children in the hallways. On the playground when I pick up my children. The smiling carefree play that's happening.

I'm mindful to that there are thousands of kids who lose their lives and a potential for happy carefree days at school that are murdered by choice. The choice called abortion.

I've become somewhat numb to the kids deaths by abortion. These children having their lives taken by this cruel savage man has me so thankful for my kids. Love your kids moms and dads.

GOA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Words cannot express the sorrow and grief I feel for these children (and adults)and their families.
Looking for something or someone to strike out at but can't find the a simple answer.
I'm not a religious man, but wonder how God can let this happen to babies with no sin.
I can only hope somewhere there is a reason for this tragedy.
May they rest in peace.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I saw a chart once that showed the youth violence start to climb right Row Vs Wade. The idea was that our youth were angered by the murder of their unborn generation. I have no clue as to the accuracy of the graph or the data and no one can say for sure if the premise is right but it makes as much sense and anything else. Whatever the cause is is only getting worse.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Common Sense isn't common.

Very true.
No other departments will give up any of THEIR funds, everyone is unionized, and making attempts to control spending when the local economy can not support much more taxation makes the process quite difficult. Roads are falling apart, buildings are falling apart and are over capacity, bridges are past their lifespans but towns like mine approve a $25M track and field facility with a parking lot. Priorities are surely a mess that's for sure.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by captbutch
I'm not a religious man, but wonder how God can let this happen to babies with no sin.
I can only hope somewhere there is a reason for this tragedy.

Here is a Good comment on this

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
As a hunter and gun owner I support the 2nd amendment but...... At some point we have to come to gripes with the gun violence in this country and ease of getting multiple weapons. We need some common sense and reasonable gun laws period.

Let the beating begin.

[bleep] dickbag

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
northwest is a piece of garbage. We all know that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CLB
They have the shoters brother in custody as he was also in the school at the same time.

They have him in custody, but only to question him about his brother. He was found in Hoboken, New Jersey, not in Connecticut.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Page 26 of 30 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12savage, 1234, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,908 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,176
Posts18,523,703
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.