Hop To
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Steelringer
And there are laws regarding private sales. Age, residency requirements, not being aware of felony convictions... any of that ring a bell?

EDITED to respectfully lower my tone.
No there aren't. There aren't Federal requirements and most freedom-loving states don't have state requirements. Hawkeye is right and you're wrong.
Don't expect it to sink into his thick skull any time soon, EE.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CLB
And there are laws regarding private sales. Age, residency requirements, not being aware of felony convictions... any of that ring a bell?

No there aren't. There aren't Federal requirements and most freedom-loving states don't have state requirements. Hawkeye is right and you're wrong.

Who gives a [bleep]! This is what you guy's are thinking about?

Please open another thread and go bash your heads over there.
You're the one who started talking about it. More regulations aren't going to help. More police aren't going to help. People are already fed up with paying for both more stuff in the public schools and more law enforcement. I wasn't the one who started talking regs and personnel on this thread. You were and are. If you really think your kids aren't safe at school, it's your responsibility to keep them away from it. Screw what the law says. If they won't keep the kids safe or can't, you are the last one with responsibility to your kids. I mean ultimately.

This stuff is most common in the states that are already overregulated and underfreedomed. Personally, we don't need you telling us how to run our states and localities.

Y'all have my sympathy for what happened today. Prayers sent to everybody involved.

The country is out of money. The government is corrupt and pushing people. Look for more of this stuff as people get crazier and crazier especially in the liberal states. The government will react with further regulations and laws and less freedom for you to protect yourself and your family. Those who agree with the government are just assisting the problems. Everybody is responsible for first themselves and secondly their loved ones. If I don't think it's safe in a certain area of Kansas City, I don't go there and I damned sure don't take my family there. If I didn't think school was safe for my wife or kids, they wouldn't be there regardless of truancy laws or employment.
Well said, EE.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CLB
Ethan,

You are FOS...

You guys have been bitching about regulations for pages before I mentioned anything about keeping kids safe...

I'd burn every AR15 tomorrow if it meant not one more child would suffer.
Then, as suspected, you are a typical loopy leftist. By that sort of short-sighted societal reaction to tragedy you'd damn every American to slavery, and countless millions to the chambers and the incinerators, many of whom will be children, YOU IGNORANT PIECE OF CRAP! mad

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I grew up in rural Virginia & we did the very same thing. Not one boy ever threatened another student or even suggested shooting someone. I'm an old guy, over 70, & I have seen America change during my life time. When I was growing up almost everyone went to church & kids had two parents. After school we played tag, baseball, cowboys & Indians, & when older football. Kids were all over the neighborhood & adults watched out for everyone. Now, kids rush to their computers & electronic games & hardly go outside. Most parents work & turn their kids over to child care or leave them home alone. During the Vietnam War we saw the rise of anti-war demonstration, wide spread drug use, & development of the idead of putting ones own pleasures first. These hippies are now parents with children & many raised their children with these attitudes. The rise of liberalism caused these attitudes to increase & our mental health laws were changed to release those who needed treatment the most. The breakdown of the family unit & extensive drug use has turned our inner cities into cess pools. America is disturbed by all the gun violence & will react with new legislation. I teach private security guards & frequently work as an armed guard. Clients have panicked because of the recent violence & are looking at improving security. You can expect more armed guards in malls, theaters, schools, defense contractors, & government facilities. There will almost certainly be a ban on so called assault rifles & high capacity magazines. None of these will address our real issues causing violence.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CLB
Ethan,

You are FOS...

You guys have been bitching about regulations for pages before I mentioned anything about keeping kids safe...

My only legitimate comment was about how to make schools more safe. A concept you are failing to recognize. If the Country is broke, I did'nt break it. I don't give a rats azz about politics right now, is it legal or whatever your gripe is about private sales.

The Sate of CT and the Nation are on their knees right now over this tragedy. Excuse me for asking you to take your rediculous banter elsewhere...
You don't know jack from shixt dumbasss. This thread was 23 pages long before I ever commented. I've worked in the schools from the top to the bottom. I've been an FFL holder. I don't need somebody in a state whose laws contribute to this sort of thing preaching to me about making the schools safer. I have two kids in Grade School in a public school where my wife teaches. Running down AR's in the way you are doing just exacerbates an already grim situation. I feel for everybody involved in this terrible situation but wringing one's hands and searching for a "solution" is exactly what the bad guy's want. That's why the [bleep] NRA has supported almost every gun law to ever come down the pike. You get caught up in "solutions" and lose sight of the fact that keeping weapons for defense is an inalienable right. It can only be taken away by God Himself. Can it be usurped? Certainly. But the right is something recognized by the Constitution, the very law of our land, as being above it, itself.

You want to help out by seeking a solution to this? Work with every iota of your strength to allow good people to carry guns in the schools and protect our kids. Work for gun safety and other firearms training at school and at the earliest levels.

At one time I actually thought that guns in schools were a bad idea, but now is the time to do just that. Our country evidently is becoming violent enough that we have to protect our kids with guns at school. The very idea of them there may have prevented this. If not, there is an excellent possibility that it would have cut down on the casualties. And finally, if not, it wouldn't have been for lack of trying. Right now schools are a very visible pool of helpless victims. We don't need more silliness like all sorts of stupid asssed security measures that can be bypassed and take up the teachers' day [bleep] with them instead of teaching. We don't need more expensive guards taking up money that could be used to educate. What we need is to make the people who want to do this know that they are going to pay to do it.

If our natural right to self defense is infringed it won't be by the anti-gunners, it will be by gun owners who wring their hands and collaborate to work for some silly solution while the big boys [bleep] them. Our biggest threat to our way of life are people who are just [bleep] stupid and confused, not to mention easily lead by the bad guys. Mourn the fact that these precious, poor little ones could have been saved by one, cheap, underpowered, ILLEGAL GUN in the school.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'm not the most religious person, but today I pray there really is a heaven and a hell.

[Linked Image]

Thank you, for putting this up, GW.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks to Hawkeye, Lee and the rest of y'all that agreed with me on this.

Again, prayers upraised to the Good Lord for all involved in this terrible tragedy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was suicide with added flair. If the kid had just done himself in, we would have never heard about it. He wanted to be famous just like the punk earlier this week.......

Shame on those who run to gun legislation before the bodies are buried. Mental health is the issue here, and it will get swept under the rug.....AGAIN

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I couldn't imagine being a parent of one of those children this morning.

It must be as if the hands of the clock, simply don't move.

For the family members - peace.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CLB
Ethan,

You are FOS...

My only legitimate comment was about how to make schools more safe. A concept you are failing to recognize. If the Country is broke, I did'nt break it. I don't give a rats azz about politics right now, is it legal or whatever your gripe is about private sales.

The Sate of CT and the Nation are on their knees right now over this tragedy. Excuse me for asking you to take your rediculous banter elsewhere...
You don't know jack from shixt dumbasss. This thread was 23 pages long before I ever commented. I've worked in the schools from the top to the bottom. I've been an FFL holder. I don't need somebody in a state whose laws contribute to this sort of thing preaching to me about making the schools safer. I have two kids in Grade School in a public school where my wife teaches. Running down AR's in the way you are doing just exacerbates an already grim situation. I feel for everybody involved in this terrible situation but wringing one's hands and searching for a "solution" is exactly what the bad guy's want. That's why the [bleep] NRA has supported almost every gun law to ever come down the pike. You get caught up in "solutions" and lose sight of the fact that keeping weapons for defense is an inalienable right. It can only be taken away by God Himself. Can it be usurped? Certainly. But the right is something recognized by the Constitution, the very law of our land, as being above it, itself.

You want to help out by seeking a solution to this? Work with every iota of your strength to allow good people to carry guns in the schools and protect our kids. Work for gun safety and other firearms training at school and at the earliest levels.

At one time I actually thought that guns in schools were a bad idea, but now is the time to do just that. Our country evidently is becoming violent enough that we have to protect our kids with guns at school. The very idea of them there may have prevented this. If not, there is an excellent possibility that it would have cut down on the casualties. And finally, if not, it wouldn't have been for lack of trying. Right now schools are a very visible pool of helpless victims. We don't need more silliness like all sorts of stupid asssed security measures that can be bypassed and take up the teachers' day [bleep] with them instead of teaching. We don't need more expensive guards taking up money that could be used to educate. What we need is to make the people who want to do this know that they are going to pay to do it.

If our natural right to self defense is infringed it won't be by the anti-gunners, it will be by gun owners who wring their hands and collaborate to work for some silly solution while the big boys [bleep] them. Our biggest threat to our way of life are people who are just [bleep] stupid and confused, not to mention easily lead by the bad guys. Mourn the fact that these precious, poor little ones could have been saved by one, cheap, underpowered, ILLEGAL GUN in the school.
Another bull's eye, EE.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mourn the fact that these precious, poor little ones could have been saved by one, cheap, underpowered, ILLEGAL GUN in the school.

I am.

C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by CLB
Ethan,

You are FOS...

Then, as suspected, you are a typical loopy leftist. By that sort of short-sighted societal reaction to tragedy you'd damn every American to slavery, and countless millions to the chambers and the incinerators, many of whom will be children, YOU IGNORANT PIECE OF CRAP! mad

Dood, you are a [bleep] up individual and all who are like you.

I don't support, nor will I ever supoort more anti gun legislation. I was chastized for wanting more proctecion IN My school disricts. Pounded on for wanting a cop at the door and hand held metal detectors. You loose sight that might comment is directed at the need to safeguard our children. Columbine, Va Tech, Newtown....All Kids, and innocence.

I am not a lefty and never will be but my kids come first in scenario. Sorry you fail to see that simple point.

If you read my other posts, at least twice I mention this would have happened regardless of gun control. Tighter gun control does not prevent this psycho from pulling a trigger. The gun did not kill the kids.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Mako25
Mourn the fact that these precious, poor little ones could have been saved by one, cheap, underpowered, ILLEGAL GUN in the school.

I am.

It appears this may be a worthy point to hammer home..

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

Clackamas man, armed, confronts mall shooter

by Mike Benner
Bio | Email | Follow: @MikeBennerKGW
Posted on December 14, 2012 at 10:15 PM
PORTLAND, Ore ... Nick Meli is emotionally drained. The 22-year-old was at Clackamas Town Center with a friend and her baby when a masked man opened fire.
"I heard three shots and turned and looked at Casey and said, 'are you serious?'"
The friend and baby hit the floor. Meli, who has a concealed carry permit, positioned himself behind a pillar.
"He was working on his rifle," said Meli. "He kept pulling the charging handle and hitting the side."
The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.
"As I was going down to pull I saw someone in the back of the charlotte move and I knew if I fired and missed I could hit them."
Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.
"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."
The gunman was dead, but not before taking two innocent lives with him and taking the innocence of everyone else.
"I don't ever want to see anyone that way ever," said Meli. "It just bothers me."

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CLB

Who gives a [bleep]! This is what you guy's are thinking about?

Please open another thread and go bash your heads over there.
You're the one who started talking about it. More regulations aren't going to help. More police aren't going to help. People are already fed up with paying for both more stuff in the public schools and more law enforcement. I wasn't the one who started talking regs and personnel on this thread. You were and are. If you really think your kids aren't safe at school, it's your responsibility to keep them away from it. Screw what the law says. If they won't keep the kids safe or can't, you are the last one with responsibility to your kids. I mean ultimately.

This stuff is most common in the states that are already overregulated and underfreedomed. Personally, we don't need you telling us how to run our states and localities.

Y'all have my sympathy for what happened today. Prayers sent to everybody involved.

The country is out of money. The government is corrupt and pushing people. Look for more of this stuff as people get crazier and crazier especially in the liberal states. The government will react with further regulations and laws and less freedom for you to protect yourself and your family. Those who agree with the government are just assisting the problems. Everybody is responsible for first themselves and secondly their loved ones. If I don't think it's safe in a certain area of Kansas City, I don't go there and I damned sure don't take my family there. If I didn't think school was safe for my wife or kids, they wouldn't be there regardless of truancy laws or employment.

I have said NOTHING about adding any additional regulation or law here. Matter of fact, all I have done is to state that TRH was incorrect in his statement of there being no regulation on "most" (his word) private firearms transactions. There ARE Federal regulations regarding ALL private firearms transactions. I will not continue to argue that point with anyone. It is a fact.

I clearly see that no additional law or rule would have prevented this tragedy. None. If anything it is simple proof that additional laws will not work.

I am as FAR FROM trying to tell anyone else how they should run their state or handle their gunlaws as I can be. I can fully agree with CLB that there needs to be more security in place to protect the innocent such as at schools and hospitals. But even that can not be 100% reliable every time. We waste money on everything under the sun, let's get our priorities right.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
TRH was attempting to mislead another poster here (post #7184249) that there exists no regulation here in the US regarding "most" private firearms transactions. He is wrong. ALL transactions have rules.

Wrestling with a pig got me quite muddy...
Hey, dumbphuck! Firearms regulations (which don't apply to the majority of private firearms transactions) and transactional laws in general are too distinct subjects.

And you are a teacher? Poor kids...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
What we need to do is BAN ALL FIREARMS....like we HAVE ILLEGAL DRUGS and then....there won't be any more problems!!

TONGUE IN CHEEK!!

My grandchildren go to a private school and being ex-military and a former LEO I have been and continue to be concerned about lack of security at the school they attend. I took the time to write a very pointed letter to the school's principal concerning some past events that had taken place at various schools where these same types of events had occurred. Basically what I got back was a letter from the principal of the school advising that the security at the school was considered to be adequate; that all doors were locked upon the start of classes and that students and teachers were regularly coached on evacuation procedures in event of a building fire! The entire time I'm reading this response I was thinking....this guy (principal) doesn't have a clue and he's rendering onto me a standard response that he feels is adequate! One more type that feels that calling 911 is adequate security not realizing that the LEO's show up AFTER THE FACT to make reports and take photos and to talk to idiotic news media about the investigation that is 'on going'!!

MY AZZ!!

Last edited by RMulhern; 12/15/12.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
TRH was attempting to mislead another poster here (post #7184249) that there exists no regulation here in the US regarding "most" private firearms transactions. He is wrong. ALL transactions have rules.

Wrestling with a pig got me quite muddy...
Hey, dumbphuck! Firearms regulations (which don't apply to the majority of private firearms transactions) and transactional laws in general are too distinct subjects.

And you are a teacher? Poor kids...

Clearly he needs to be n center stage as this thread was NEVER supposed to be about regs.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by CLB
Clearly he needs to be n center stage as this thread was NEVER supposed to be about regs.

I know, but sometime after TRH interjected the point had to be made that the regs exist, and in this case they have been broken and bent so badly that any additional regs or laws Federal or State would not have made a difference. They too would have been broken.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'm not the most religious person, but today I pray there really is a heaven and a hell.

[Linked Image]

There is a Heaven my friend. Rest assured that picture does not do justice to what is happening there. It is beyond our ability to imagine.

Spend your grief for those who lost their little ones. There is where the pain is.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by CLB

I know, but sometime after TRH interjected the point had to be made that the regs exist, and in this case they have been broken and bent so badly that any additional regs or laws Federal or State would not have made a difference. They too would have been broken.
Hey, dippshit! A man asked a question about American regs.

Piece of free advice for you: When you find you've dug yourself into a hole, best stop digging. smirk

And don't dish out what you can't take coming back your way.

Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 51 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,164
Posts18,523,540
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.