Hop To
Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Yup, I learned something today to, private sales are illegal.

You are incorrect, now you have learned something.

Well according to the post on the ATF regs I can't sell a private firearm because I could not possible know the answer to there questions. My private sales do go through an FFL on consignment for that very reason.

You being overly cautious does not make it illegal.

Well those regs that were posted makes it illegal in my book.

To each his own.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Well those regs that were posted makes it illegal in my book.

To each his own.
Derby, requiring that one refrain from sales to someone one knows to be legally ineligible isn't the same as requiring one to make an investigation into said legal eligibility.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Steelringer

WE CAN NOT MAKE BLANKET STATEMENTS! Stating there are no regulations on private sales gives liberal anti-gunners fodder. It is incorrect. The law is there for everyone to see.

I agree there are laws that cover all firearm transactions, I was just trying to bridge the gap between what you are talking about and what TRH was talking about.

You are talking laws on the books, and he is talking about actually regulating the purchases or overseeing them to make sure they are legal...

I think you two are talking apples and oranges and with the written word it is sometimes hard to understand what another person is trying to say exactly.

The laws are the regulations. One can not state none exist on private transactions. FFL's simply have a couple more regulations which they must comply with. All private sales REQUIRE compliance with existing regulations regarding them. They ARE enforced and penalties are handed down for violations which are found and subsequently proven in a courtroom. Fact.

Hard to accept, but some BIG mistakes appear to have been made. Unfortunately a lot of folks are dealing with the results. My heart goes out to every one of them.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steelringer
One can not state none exist on private transactions.
Nor did I, assswipe! Learn to read! smirk

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Batchief909
Originally Posted by ChipM
Guys its a tough day for CT and the nation as a whole, do we really need to argue gun laws and gun control. That will come in the following weeks and months. The latest news conference also stated that forced his way into the school. I've watched Lt. Paul Vance of the CT State Police for years on tv as the CSP spokesman and you can tell this time its different.
First I pray for all the victims and pray for those 1st responders, I can not even imagine the nightmares they will have for a long time to come.

As a parent, I hugged my children a bit tighter last night. I'm not the most religious person myself though I believe in God and believe if there is a God then there is a Hell.

I do hope that the fire was extra hot last night and that Lanza had a front row seat.

Ditto...now is not the time.

+2

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ewc
My wife and I have two girls, 9 and 12. We hugged both this afternoon and told them what had happened.

My wife is a Kindergarten school teacher. She has been heartbroken this afternoon.

As a family, we will say a prayer for everyone involved tonight. It won't help one bit to ease the pain of those involved today, but we do believe God will help them with that.
Same here. i was thinking about how your wife acted a couple years ago to stop a situation.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

Page 30 of 30 1 2 28 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1lesfox, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,164
Posts18,523,511
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.