Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
12:01am January 1, 2013,

To our entire customer base �

For 2013 - We are suspending our L/E - Military discounts. It pains us, but our skyrocketing costs, due to a number of new government regulations, Obama-Care being just one, has forced us to use one price sheet for all customers. Through the years we have extended a savings to our military and Law Enforcement customers that we are quite proud of � a very large dollar number when totaled.

Orders entered before midnight Dec.31st will reflect our previous LE/MIL discount terms.

If some of these regulations are rescinded, and tax relief is returned, we will push to reintroduce these lost discounts in 2014.

Uncle Sam has got to stop spending money, or we're all done for. We will hold off on price increases just short of going off our own fiscal cliff.

Mark LaRue

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sucks but has to be done...can't stay in business and not make or lose money

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I find it hard to believe Larue's operation has been anything other than highly profitable.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Sounds like he was fishing for an excuse to cut the military discounts. He could have raised everyone's costs in parallel but instead, he chose to take away the military discount. And blame Obama of course. Many will fall for that though.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
Sounds like he was fishing for an excuse to cut the military discounts. He could have raised everyone's costs in parallel but instead, he chose to take away the military discount. And blame Obama of course. Many will fall for that though.

Since you voted for Obama,it's logical to conclude you'll criticize anyone who demonstrates that the policies of your pathological lying,narcissist,closet homosexual,Communist,Muslim criminal put into place,are harming Americans.

GFY old man.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love how the Obama Voters are trying to shift the blame from their Messiah to other things that have nothing to do with the country going down the drain. My opinion they deserve whatever this piece of chit in the White House dishes out to them and i personally hope it is all bad

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
that's a little too pathetic to bother with a response. The guy did what he did. His business.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
There's more to business than sending in the 'government's share'... staying in business by making a profit.

There's no .gov regs on how you 'must' make conduct your business... Or what messages you want to send to your customers... yet...

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brent it really has nothing to do with what LaRue did, it just the beginning of the trend that will effect all gun companies from putting the Obama Regime Back in the White House.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The blind won't wake up until the full effect occurs bea............wait until the libtards in congress figure out black powder is an explosive wink

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Class warfare alive and well in this thread.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Actually, he decided that, since the government was a big part in increased expenses, that they should take the brunt of the increased costs.

Why should the prices rise "in parallel?" That doesn't sound like it is consistant, considering you support the "Tax the rich more" president.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I find it hard to believe Larue's operation has been anything other than highly profitable.

+1. Can't imagine their profit margin being low given the price of their goods.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like he was fishing for an excuse to tax the rich. He could have raised everyone's taxes in parallel but instead, he chose to tax the rich. And blame Bush of course. Many will fall for that though.

What he really means.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Sounds fair to me.

I don't know why I should have to pay more for a product than the government.

In fact, it's probably true that LaRue Tactical was charging more for its products which were sold to the general populace so that they could offer a discount to the government and maintain their desired profit margin.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Possibly a message is .gov employees will pay equally into a .gov regulatory collection burden.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Odds are there's more to the story than is immediately obvious.

When you run a business and have more than one level of pricing, there are constant headaches managing the pricing - and conflicts with those who are on the higher price level, and are squawking to get a bigger discount. Or you have distributors who find a way to get a discount, then under-cut other distributors, leaving most of the other guys mad at the manufacturer. When I was running a truck parts manufacturer, I saw all sorts of strange stunts pulled by customers, trying to game their prices.

In the high-end market, LaRue has lots of competitors - LMT, LWRC, Noveske, Black Rain, H&K, etc. Eventually this boom will die down, and the companies that bought equipment and hired people to keep up with demand will have too much overhead, and be hurting. Throw in some flaky government regulations, it creates a lot of uncertainty on the part of a small business. I could see LaRue working to simplify things.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Obamacare,for which you voted,will levy 1 trillion in new taxes,starting this year.The brunt of those taxes will fall onto small business owners such as LaRue.

It appears LaRue is making a decision to try and defray these new taxes,without affecting all of their customers.They may,at a later date,include price increases for all customers in order to stay financially viable.

Millions of small business owners are being forced to make tough decisions as a result of Obama's war on capitalism and successful Americans.

This is what happens when liberals vote for the man with the "D" behind his name rather perform their due diligence.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM

+1. Can't imagine their profit margin being low given the price of their goods.

I personally believe their products or high quality and would be expensive to produce.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
This is a simple " we are selling the chit out stuff this year so no breaks". They are just making all the money they can with the panic buying.

Dink

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I could post I was handing out $100 bills and some of you fookers would find something to bitch about crazy

you knotheads just keep on supporting the Chicoms....

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I don't blame them for making all the money they can while people are buying everything they can. But be honest about. I would have thought a lot more of them saying that than the dog and pony email they sent out.

Dink

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Anyone ever consider that Mark LaRue is sincere? Of course not you people would have bitched if he sent it in a letter with a $100 bill...I would hate to have the lives of some of you sorrowful sad sacks.

quick reply used so all of you need to get your panties bunched up not just Dink.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Larue should be making by the wheelbarrow full. Good for them. I don't blame them for wanting to make max profit on every item this year because no one knows what next year will bring. If I was a business man I would not want to make every third AR or part that will sell at a discounted price when there are people standing in line to pay full price.

What is the LEO/MIL discount? 10%? That's 10% more money made on those items that will sell at full price.

Don't play the poor taxes for me when what they want to do is make max amount of money. Again good for them but I can tell the difference between pee and rain.

Dink

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
I could post I was handing out $100 bills and some of you fookers would find something to bitch about crazy

Better not be American Dollars.....

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DINK
Larue should be making by the wheelbarrow full. Good for them. I don't blame them for wanting to make max profit on every item this year because no one knows what next year will bring. If I was a business man I would not want to make every third AR or part that will sell at a discounted price when there are people standing in line to pay full price.

What is the LEO/MIL discount? 10%? That's 10% more money made on those items that will sell at full price.

Don't play the poor taxes for me when what they want to do is make max amount of money. Again good for them but I can tell the difference between pee and rain.

Dink

Don't you have nonresident license fees to whine about? I see a pattern with you wink bitch bitch whine whine cry cry bitch bitch whine whine cry cry

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RWE

Lol!

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Dink

Don't you have nonresident license fees to whine about? I see a pattern with you wink bitch bitch whine whine cry cry bitch bitch whine whine cry cry

Not b$tching about anything. Merely pointing out the facts.

I don't have a lot use for any AR (they are just not my type of gun, you know like a savage) much less pay for a Larue. Whether they offer a discount or not does effect me because I ain't buying.

I don't blame them for not wanting to sell anything at a discount during these times. Just don't say it because of the current government when in reality it's about making money.

Dink

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by RWE

hehe. i would use one to light my smoke.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

I don't blame them for not wanting to sell anything at a discount during these times. Just don't say it because of the current government when in reality it's about making money.

Dink

How do you know what his revenue and cost structure is?

Maybe he pays for his employees healthcare and doesn't want to di!ck them by cutting their hours down below 32.

There are serious tax increases coming up for small business, no matter what the idiots in Washington do about the fiscal cliff.

Given the choice between taking care of employees and having to give up LE/Military discounts because your bottom line doesn't have an extra 10% in it any longer, most people will take care of the people that depend on them.

[Linked Image]

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by fester
Originally Posted by RWE

hehe. i would use one to light my smoke.

about how much they are getting to be worth!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Dink

Maybe he pays for his employees healthcare and doesn't want to di!ck them by cutting their hours down below 32.

There are serious tax increases coming up for small business, no matter what the idiots in Washington do about the fiscal cliff.

Given the choice between taking care of employees and having to give up LE/Military discounts because your bottom line doesn't have an extra 10% in it any longer, most people will take care of the people that depend on them.

Maybe he is taking care of employees or maybe his family. Maybe he is paying off debt or machines or new a new building.

It does not matter. It all boils down to wanting to make the most money he can on what he produces.

I can't believe that people think Mark Larue loves them and is only doing away with discounts because of the government.

Dink

eh76 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Gee whiz i get a discount from GG&G wink

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Dink

Maybe he is taking care of employees or maybe his family. Maybe he is paying off debt or machines or new a new building.

It does not matter. It all boils down to wanting to make the most money he can on what he produces.

I can't believe that people think Mark Larue loves them and is only doing away with discounts because of the government.

Dink

May be greed, may be his costs went up like everyone else because of Obamacare and the fiscal cliff.

Neither of us know.

[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
As one who has utilized this discount on several occasions, I was sad to see it go. I also completely understand, and am thankful that it was an option for so long. Mr. Larue has been a HUGE supporter of both Law Enforcement and the Military for a long time, and as far as I know, still is. The fact that I do not get a price break does not change the fact that he makes good stuff, at a reasonable price.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
larue is an excellent company to do business with. he sells an excellent no bullshit product and his customer servive is 2nd to none.

being i was a benefactor of his l.e. pricing i enjoyed the savings, but did not affect my decision into purchasing his products. i appreciate his discount and considered it a special thanks for my service.

it's his business and his decision.

[bleep] would bitch if hung with a new rope

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Jesus Christ! It sounds to me like his expenses just went WAY UP! Higher payroll taxes, Obamacare expenses and now an 11% tax increase starting today if he is an S corp.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 01/01/13.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't LE/Military get a check EVERY week --retirement -healthcare ?
They can afford to pay -around here they live in waterfront homes .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe they should ask the chosen muslim how he does it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The price of their stuff, I would say so.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Around here, many of the young guys I work with who have kids could qualify for benefits. Not everywhere is the same.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Yeah, a retired Master Sergeant friend of mine draws $2300/mo. His right leg looks like he's got elephantitis at the end of a work day. He has to wrap it up in a six inch ace wrap to control the swelling. This is the result of having been blown the [bleep] up in a Hummmer in Iraq. Sounds like a great deal don't it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah, a retired Master Sergeant friend of mine draws $2300/mo. His right leg looks like he's got elephantitis at the end of a work day. He has to wrap it up in a six inch ace wrap to control the swelling. This is the result of having been blown the [bleep] up in a Hummmer in Iraq. Sounds like a great deal don't it?

Deserves a lot more! Would probably get more, if some didnt play the system. I see guys in working health getting unreal money from gov. and they keep going back for more. One guy I know gets over 2G for bum knee, elbow, lower back, night sweats(not sure what that is about)...you should see this guy. You'd never know he has issues, until he brags about how much hes getting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.