Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by BlackFrog
Not with the roof closed and it is toasty warm and dry inside!

Just for old time's sake:

I don't know if that is my favorite play or when their kicker missed the field goal in the 1998 NFC championship game. Think it was Gary Anderson

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi

I don't know if that is my favorite play or when their kicker missed the field goal in the 1998 NFC championship game. Think it was Gary Anderson

ya mean his first miss in two years?!? smile
here's a nice reminder:

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dennis Green was a dolt.

Brian Billick, as OC, gave him the most explosive offense the NFL had ever seen.
They blew out opponents all year.

So Green has them take a friggen knee with time to play before the half in that game!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep, Green turned coward in that game.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
And pretty much got run out on a rail before his epic failure to try and take over ownership of the team. Good 'ol Red couldn't ship him out fast enough.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A familiar unease is about. It always starts the same, with a nagging feeling of unrest. In time, a tightening of the throat's muscles begins - slowly, unnoticeable to any but the afflicted. The tightening intensifies, gradually at first, but with every passing second gathers the energy of a lightning strike. Then, as the Vikings's playoff game winds to it's close, there's no hiding it, even an uninterested observer can't help Ponder why grown men, wearing purple, are doubled-over in anguish, clutching at their own throats.

But Viking fans know. It's that old, familiar, assured Vikings' Choke - once again. Two reasons for grown men to wear purple; signify sexual preference, and identify a choker - the Vikings colors, are earned.

grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go Vikes.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Naw.Doesn't happen here much. Most outside of WI know there's more to life than a football game... At least there is outside of WI.

grin

But I do enjoy the back and forth banter with the cheddar heads. Moreso because the Vikings will probably lose, and are expected too, but if they don't the reaction from the (booger)green and gold is usually priceless.

Last edited by tzone; 01/04/13.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Add to that, the fact that most Vikings fans are happy with the unexpected turn around this young team has made, the quality of our draft picks and a more promising future. Win or lose, its been a good season.

Sorry to disappoint!

wink

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speakin' of green and gold - I'll be pullin' for two teams wearin' those colors this weekend. The first of course, is obvious, but the second actually holds more personal interest for me. North Dakota State's Bisons are in a rematch of last years FCS Championship with Sam Houston State, in a game in Frisco, TX, tomorrow.

The Bison are defending champs, having beaten the Bearkats in the same venue last year. Starting for the third year now at defensive end for the Bison is a friend of my son's. I've known the young man since he was knee high to me (which in his case was shortly after birth). Wears #96, and has many accolades from his tenure with the team. He's solid muscle, bullet-fast, and anchors the top-ranked defense in the country.

Ricky Hagen is his name - best of luck Ricky!

GO BISON!

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yep.

I'll be rootin purple but if I was bettin' money; it would be the Pack.

Think this game will have more to do with the Vike's secondary than with Peterson.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Viking football fan was almost killed in a tragic horse accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death.

Thank God the manager of the K-Mart came out and unplugged it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mako25
Speakin' of green and gold - I'll be pullin' for two teams wearin' those colors this weekend. The first of course, is obvious, but the second actually holds more personal interest for me. North Dakota State's Bisons are in a rematch of last years FCS Championship with Sam Houston State, in a game in Frisco, TX, tomorrow.

The Bison are defending champs, having beaten the Bearkats in the same venue last year. Starting for the third year now at defensive end for the Bison is a friend of my son's. I've known the young man since he was knee high to me (which in his case was shortly after birth). Wears #96, and has many accolades from his tenure with the team. He's solid muscle, bullet-fast, and anchors the top-ranked defense in the country.

Ricky Hagen is his name - best of luck Ricky!

GO BISON!

Football starts at noon tomorrow in this house. We will be cheering on the Bison and later the Vikings!!

Sounds like half of Fargo is either already in Frisco or is on there way right now. NDSU signed head coach Craig Bohl to an 8 year contract extension the other day! Good news!

Go Bison!
Go Vikes!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm only a couple hours from the Frisco stadium, but it's sold out.

Great fan support for the Bison, glad to see it.

Go Bison!

Go Pack

Green and gold, all the way! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Packer fan, a Viking fan, and Kate Upton are sitting together in a train traveling through Switzerland when the train enters a tunnel and the car goes completely dark. There's a kissing noise, and then the sound of a really loud slap. When the train comes out of the tunnel, Kate Upton and the Packer fan are sitting as if nothing had happened, and the Viking fan is holding his slapped face. The Viking fan is thinking, "That Packer fan must have kissed Kate Upton and she swung at him and missed, slapping me instead." Kate Upton is thinking, "That Viking fan must have tried to kiss me, accidentally kissed the Packer, and got slapped for it." And the Packer fan is thinking, "This is great. The next time the train goes through a tunnel, I'll make another kissing noise and slap that Vikings fan again."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don't know what the rest of your post said. I got lost after Kate Upton.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just want to get lost in Kate Upton.

Everyone should have a dream...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I just want to get lost in Kate Upton.

You're a packer fan. You "get lost" in any woman!

grin

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Sorry, this thread is now useless to me. I cannot stop thinking about Kate Upton.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (280Ackleyrized, 338Rules, 35, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 996 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,123
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.