Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
mlg Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Looks like the 9.3x62 African is gone and the 375/416 Alaskan is gone and the 375/416 Ruger African Safari with awful looking muzzle brakes are in along with some models in 338 win mag & 300 win mag.

Hopefully those muzzle brakes are detachable!

http://www.ruger.com/search/group/?cat=new

Last edited by mlg; 01/05/13.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Those are some of the ugliest guns I've ever seen.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Is the Ruger CEO an african american now? That's what it looks like.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
They are removable and come with a muzzle cap.

Good Shooting!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hunting1
They are removable and come with a muzzle cap.

probably won't look to bad with the cap on, not the "weight" one but the slim one

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Looks like they're treatin' wrong handers pretty well.

I fear the #1 will soon go the way of all the other cool schit in this world.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There is a LCR in 22WMRF there too...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
22-250 with a 1-10 twist too...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
#1A in .222...... laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I thought I had heard rumors that Ruger hadn't put out a 416 African until now because they couldn't keep the stocks from cracking? Maybe this is their answer to the demand for that set up? Of course it comes with a thread protector too, so....who knows. Possibly it'll only be under warranty if shot with the brake attached.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't know what it is with Ruger an muzzle brakes all of a sudden.... Lot of models with those abominations on them...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by MileHighShooter
I thought I had heard rumors that Ruger hadn't put out a 416 African until now because they couldn't keep the stocks from cracking?

I suspect the new laminated stock would hold up to recoil better than the African stock.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Really?....... Here's a lam off a 204........

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well, there goes my theory. wink

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

Dang! That .204 isn't a big kicker either. I'd hate to have been shootin that in .416 or .375 when it let go!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22

[Linked Image]

The .204 is known to be a vicious kicker...

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
6.5-284 in a #1 sounds pretty good to me

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oops, I was thinking Ruger had come out with a Laminated stock 416 Ruger. I was wrong. Hope they can keep the stocks together on the new African.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor will end up in my safe by year's end. I love the caliber and the matte stainless barrel and Green Mountain Laminate look fantastic.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Here is a word for word email exchange I had with the "letter to the CEO". Directly copied and pasted from my email. His direct email is also included. Long read but entertaining to say the least. Pretty much speaks for itself:

Here is my letter sent today, and his reply:

I am writing regarding new products in your catalog. First of all, as a left handed shooter, left handed rifles are very important to me, and I look to your company when looking for something new. However, I am extremely disappointed that the only left hand rifles of a desirable configuration were released as limited runs to Davidson's without any announcement from your company, and without cataloging those same guns. These limited stainless lefty runs have all sold very well, and have all been in high demand. So, why not catalog them???? Also, I am an active member of three major internet forums, and I have seen absolutely no interest in the new models you have cataloged. Added a muzzle break to your rifles was a major mistake. This alone is keeping numerous buyers from buying your guns. I have not heard of ONE person who views the muzzle break addition as favorable or an incentive to buy the rifle. Many are saying they will never buy the guns with a muzzlebreak. Also,
> the new Guide gun looks terrible, and has become a source of internet mockery. Remove the muzzle break from it, and put a standard laminate stock on it without the adjustable pad, and call it an "Alaskan 2" or something like that. If you want to do something favorable for recoil reduction, use Kick eeze or Pachmayr decelerator pads on your guns. I changed the pad on every Ruger I buy because the stock pads are so terrible.
---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Cline,

The very favorable reaction to our new rifle at the various hunting shows this January, as well as the strong orders from retailers, contradicts and balances out the negative opinions you report. Certainly some people do not like muzzle brakes, but many, many others do like them. And that includes professional hunters from Africa who like the thought of their clients showing up with a lot of practice (typically unusual for large calibers). And they like the ability to swap out the brake for the weight and not lose the point of impact. And they like the adjustable length of pull (that was a specific request from PH's who more often now need to supply the guns in camp as fewer hunters want to go through the hassles of traveling with a firearm).

And for those truly in need of the former look, putting the thread cap on and swapping out the stock for a aftermarket one is quite easy.

Best regards,
Mike Fifer
--------------------------------------------------
I replied:
Thank you for your reply. I guess only time and sales numbers will tell. I'm just going by what I have heard from the buyers and hunters that hunt and shoot here in the states. I have to believe that this is the majority of your buying market. Wholesale numbers are not really a bottom line that can be looked at.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Cline,

At the end of my Alaskan hunt last September, I had 3-1/2 boxes of 270 gr. 375 Ruger ammo left over. And we were next to the 400 yd wide Alsek river, which had many small icebergs floating rapidly downstream. The outfitter said it would be fun practice to try to hit the rapidly moving (and bobbing up and down) icebergs about 200 yards out. So my daughter and I used those 60+ magnum rounds in less than 30 minutes and had a great time. Neither of us could have done that without a muzzle brake on our Guide Rifles.

Best regards,

Mike Fifer

---------------------------

might be good to really barrage him with emails from several members (lefty and right hand) Bricktop would probably be a good start!!!

His direct email is:
Mike.Fiferruger.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 56 invisible), 2,282 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,506
Posts18,509,299
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.