Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What a surprise! mad LINK

YONKERS, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) � A deal to give New York one of the toughest gun control laws in the nation is being negotiated by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, who, sources said Tuesday, is hoping to announce the plan Wednesday during his State of the State speech in Albany.

Cuomo hopes to jump-start the 2013 legislative session with a big deal that could dramatically alter gun control laws across the state.

Highly placed sources told CBS 2�s Marcia Kramer that Cuomo is negotiating with Assembly and Senate leaders for a package of gun control laws that would be a dramatic response to the gun violence besetting the nation, including the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

�It�s a very divisive topic,� Cuomo said on Wednesday. �There�s a lot of energy on both sides. Some people are vehemently against� some people think we�re out of our minds for not passing it.�

Sources told Kramer the governor and lawmakers are negotiating furiously in the hope that Cuomo can announce a deal during his speech Wednesday.

Sources said the package is expected to include:

* New restrictions on assault weapons

* Stiffer penalties for using a gun to commit a crime

* New limits on the number of bullets in a gun magazine

�Gun control is highly political, politically contentious situation. It is polarizing,� Cuomo said.

In Westchester County, where Mamaroneck�s Hommocks Middle School was under lockdown last week amid reports a gunman tried to enter the school, the need for gun control is on the minds of many.

�There�s just too many incidents that are happening that you think could be avoided if there were stronger regulations about it,� one mother from Larchmont said, adding when asked if her children�s safety is her motivation, �Absolutely, I mean you can�t even send them to school now. Now my kids have police in front of their school. I mean you wonder how far it�s going to go.�

�I think it�s necessary with everything that�s happening,� Mamaroneck resident Gail Nubile added. �With the recent things that have been going on it does make you think that things to be happening, so you have to be extra cautious.�

Cuomo�s move comes as Mayor Michael Bloomberg�s Mayors Against Gun Violence released a new commercial to push for federal action. It features Roxanna Green, the mother of Christina Taylor-Green, who was killed two years ago Tuesday in the Tucson, Ariz., massacre.

�How many more children must die before Washington does something to end our gun violence problem?� Roxanna Green says during the ad.

It would be quite a coup for Cuomo, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to show progress on gun control while Washington dithers.

Late Tuesday night the sides still had not reached an agreement, but sources told CBS 2′s Kramer the Legislature would stay in session for the rest of the week to make sure a deal gets done.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The lid's gunna come off this pressure cooker, it's just a matter of how, where, and when.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I said it in another thread and I will repeat it...What we need is more control over mentally damaged people,but of course.. The PC Police will be against it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
watch the crime rate go up there.......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
It would be quite a coup for Cuomo, a potential 2016 presidential candidate, to show progress on gun control while Washington dithers.

Or might possibly be his worst political move ever. New York might stand for it but the rest of us won't.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
watch the crime rate go up there.......

Ya mean it can get worse?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn, I was hoping Q-HOMO was close to announcing he's HIV positive, [bleep] that rat hole skank punk.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
NYC might approve of this, but the rest of the state will fight this tooth and nail.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lived in NY my first 41 years...trust the gun laws are stiff enough. When I moved to GA 5 years ago I couldnt comprehend the laws, or lack of laws especially related to handguns. Love GA in that respect. I have always thought that I would retire someday and return to the ADK's....now, not so much.

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
NYC might approve of this, but the rest of the state will fight this tooth and nail.

Damn I hope your right OO, it'll be up to our friends DVD and ET to kick the mortal hell out of those commie bastards.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a ball I really never wanted to attend. If any have noticed, I do NOT use the word "FIGHT" lightly. Once the dancing begins, in for a penny,in for a pound.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It won't pass and he will NOT be re-elected either. I know, I live in this friggin place yet

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is room for you here. I am serious.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Type 1 diabetes, ulcerative colitus,Hell I am about as dangerous an adversary as anyone could ask for. I know how to fight and I am really extremely heartless. Why run??

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Type 1 diabetes, ulcerative colitus,Hell I am about as dangerous an adversary as anyone could ask for. I know how to fight and I am really extremely heartless. Why run??

Well for one you already fought once and that was the kind nobody needs to repeat.

But I know how you feel.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I knew you'd be a hard case on 'em ET, wink and Ruger45-70, hope yer right Bro.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worse

ad triarios redisse
[Linked Image]
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Come on down to GA, ET....and bring some Mikes with ya!
So does Andrew make Mario look tame?

Kiss your girlfriend where it smells.......take her to Jersey!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know how to fight and I am really extremely heartless. Why run??

That's beautiful! grin

Perhaps we oughta be headed - to you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,570
Posts18,473,264
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.