Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL
I read people saying the rest of the state won't stand for it as opposed to NYC. Really? If that was the case why is he in office to begin with?
Because the vast majority of Dems live in NYC and that region of NYS they are who is putting these slugs into office ...the remainer of the state is tilted Republican and conservative,we have senetors and representavives we elected for our districts that will fight this in Albany

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Kick the mortal [bleep] outta them DVD. mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570
I said it in another thread and I will repeat it...What we need is more control over mentally damaged people,but of course.. The PC Police will be against it.

Of course they will be against it! They won't legislate themselves out of office now will they!? smile

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bbassi

I really love NY for the weather and outdoors and the good people of upstate. I've lived here since I was 10 and it's where my family is. It's the Politics that have destroyed a once great state.

sad.

Born and raised up there. I miss the peaks of the Adirondacks, the Foliage of the Catskills, and the Splendor of the Finger Lakes.....

But, you can't drag me back there to live under those political conditions....

Bittersweet leaving NY...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ruger 4570
It won't pass and he will NOT be re-elected either. I know, I live in this friggin place yet

Did you feel the same way about Obamacare being tossed and the Emperor stopped at one term?? Just askin' smile

Originally Posted by bbassi

I really love NY for the weather and outdoors and the good people of upstate. I've lived here since I was 10 and it's where my family is. It's the Politics that have destroyed a once great state.
Politics have destroyed several states... Not just limited to NY.. We have our own issues here in TAX HELL WISCONSIN.. Have to keep fighting the damn liberals in Madison who run this state with an iron fist..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My wife and I have it made in so many ways. We have an absolute dream home in the woods, with waterfront, just outside the little town where we both grew up. I'm right now looking out across the St. Lawrence river into Canada and the view is to die for. From my front deck I can see the island where I began hunting ducks with my dad and the guy who is now my FIL over fifty years ago. I have other blinds for any combination of wind and weather within five minutes boat ride from my front door. Ten minutes from here I've got a couple hundred acres with my brother where we keep our horses and hunt deer. Another ten minutes away we have a couple hundred acres where we "woods hunt" deer. We want out. We're pretty much trapped here for the next eight years, but as soon as we can, we're leaving. The left-wing statists are making this state an absolute hell. We're paying the nation's highest taxes for an education system that is an absolute disaster. Our income is such we should be pretty comfortable, but we are being taxed into oblivion. Now this. There's got to be something better.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cra1948
We want out. We're pretty much trapped here for the next eight years, but as soon as we can, we're leaving. The left-wing statists are making this state an absolute hell. We're paying the nation's highest taxes for an education system that is an absolute disaster. Our income is such we should be pretty comfortable, but we are being taxed into oblivion. Now this. There's got to be something better.

+1

I have written to the Governor and my representatives. I have sent money to the NRA. I don't know what else to do. We are stuck here for a while but eventually leaving has definitely become our plan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The really sad part is that far too many really believe that more gun control will solve the issue, for instance, at schools.

Can you say dumb & brainwashed?

MM

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are [bleep].. Nothing worse than liberal with a agenda... I feel for all you living in gun grabbing states...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I read people saying the rest of the state won't stand for it as opposed to NYC. Really? If that was the case why is he in office to begin with?
Because the vast majority of Dems live in NYC and that region of NYS they are who is putting these slugs into office ...the remainer of the state is tilted Republican and conservative,we have senetors and representavives we elected for our districts that will fight this in Albany

Just seems to me that governor is a state wide office and the same people who voted last time will vote next time. If they were concerned with 2A rights they wouldn't have voted democrat to begin with.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
NEVER corner a man that has nothing to lose!

I know for a fact they don't want to corner me.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Population in NYC and upstate will get Dems elected to Governor and US senate and congress...different ball game for local officials that will represent their constituents in Albany

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

S
Scott F Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

What I was thinking...except that I know how those guys like to turn the law against the good guys. I'd only hope there was insulation of some sort so that some guy who defends himself couldn't get hung by such law.

In spite of many comments about the Left Coast we have a law in Washington that says if you are prosecuted for a gun crime and found not guilty the state is responsible for all your legal fees and your time loss. It is a great law and it keeps prosecutors from trying to hang someone when they are not guilty.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone needs to ask the gov what are his goals, what are his expectations? Zero gun deaths? Drop 20% in gun deaths? Quantify what he wants and then it can be measured.

Not that it matters.

All American

All the time
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Even as NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo begins his push for stricter gun control in his state, reports indicate that New York City -- the state's population capital -- has recorded its lowest numbers of homicides and shootings in 50 years.

In other words, the laws on the books are already sufficient and the people are doing an effective job of policing themselves.

As is so often the case, no new gun laws are needed, but they are being pursued by politicians in NY anyway.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...Control-With-NYC-Homcides-At-50-Year-Low

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
NYC might approve of this, but the rest of the state will fight this tooth and nail.

I wouldn't bet your paycheck on it. Once NY does it a BUNCH will follow.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

EXACTLY!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't know the stats for New York, but in many many states, if one gets the big urban area voters in line, he does not need to worry about the rest. Las Vegas can rule Nevada, Boise all of Idaho, Denver and burbs all of Colorado, etc across the country. Rural and small town communities are totally irrelevant. Here in Oregon, political folks concentrate their efforts on 20% of the state in the northwest corner (Portland / Salem). That's enough to jam anything down the rest of the state's throat. My local county and the two adjacent counties constitute 29.4% of Oregon's land base, we never see a politician, and they don't care what we think. Sucks, but it's true.

Last edited by 1minute; 01/09/13.

1Minute
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Do you think he's really concerned enough he's going to give up his personal armed protection?

EXACTLY!!!

There is the HYPOCRISY of the people that are pushing oh sooo hard destroy OUR/We THE People 2nd Amend rights!!

They have no problem with having people with guns around them.....as long as they are protecting them and their families. WTF do they think that ordinary citizens do not have the same right to defend their families!!???

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by packrat77
Stiffer penalties for using a gun to commit a crime.

This is the only one mentioned that makes any sense. And the penalty needs to be harsh and swift.

What are they going to do? Make murder with a gun double illegal? There are plenty of laws already on the books if the powers that be want to prosecute someone.

What they want to do is make stiff penalties for anyone not complying with any new gun ban. That is the crime they are interested in.

I realize what they want, no guns in the hands of law abiding citizens.

What I meant was that they need to enforce the laws already on the books, use the death penalty, and do it quickly, unless there isn't solid proof. Plus taking away all the perks in prison and make them do some hard labor would help also.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (270wsmnutt, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 219DW, 56 invisible), 1,917 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,276
Posts18,525,527
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.