Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Like the title says. Alot. No drugs, no underlaying tension or bad schit. Good kid, smart, healthy. Hung the moon. grin

Curious, as I never did as a kid, but am dealing with it now. Lots of folks on here have or have had kids, and I figured maybe somebody on here has dealt with it. Curious as to what you did and why.

Thanks

MAGA
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my brother use to when we were kids.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I used to when I was a kid. I grew out of it.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Really kinda freaky. Acts like he's awake, and if you didn't know any better you wouldn't know. Except the little things. Leaving lights on, incoherent speech, it was kinda funny at first, but I'm wondering now if I need to do something to stop it. IF I can do anything to stop it.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Like the title says. Alot. No drugs, no underlaying tension or bad schit. Good kid, smart, healthy. Hung the moon. grin

Curious, as I never did as a kid, but am dealing with it now. Lots of folks on here have or have had kids, and I figured maybe somebody on here has dealt with it. Curious as to what you did and why.

Thanks
No, but I've Sleep Walked before.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Really kinda freaky. Acts like he's awake, and if you didn't know any better you wouldn't know. Except the little things. Leaving lights on, incoherent speech, it was kinda funny at first, but I'm wondering now if I need to do something to stop it. IF I can do anything to stop it.

My 20 year old son did it a couple times IIRC. No big deal as long as they don't get hurt. I wouldn't yell at them or scare them!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bucktail

Same here. Parents had to put locks on the doors high enough I couldnt reach them. When it first started, I would unlock the doors and go outside. I remember waking up 1 time outside, mom and dad were at the door watching me, to make sure I didnt get in the road.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
make sure you can lock the doors to keep him from getting out of the house. my brother ended up at the neighbors once.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes I have. And it is spooky. Really spooky. He'll talk to you like he's awake and carry on a conversation, but he's not looking at you at all.

We just put him back to bed. He seems to do it when he's overly tired, which doesn't make sense, but who knows.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bucktail

ditto

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Yes I have. And it is spooky. Really spooky. He'll talk to you like he's awake and carry on a conversation, but he's not looking at you at all.

We just put him back to bed. He seems to do it when he's overly tired, which doesn't make sense, but who knows.

Yes! Exactly.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

My 20 year old son did it a couple times IIRC. No big deal as long as they don't get hurt. I wouldn't yell at them or scare them!

Wife followed him around last night and he jumped when he turned around and saw her and almost took a swing. Would not end well for him, sleeping or not. Very out of character, as in would never dream of it in waking life.

MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks
It's just another sleep disorder.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/5_steps_stopping_sleepwalker

My Grandma, God rest her soul, was one of those morbid old southern gals who thought nothing of scraing the shixt out of kids. I loved Grandma, but just sayin'...

She told this story about some family that lived on the edge of a cliff above some body of water. They had a son who would go out at night, strip down, and dive into the water and swim. The catch was, he didn't know how to swim. Evidently the dad had been observing this and told the mom who waited up and watched him dive off. She screamed, knowing he couldn't swim. It woke him up and he drowned. Grandma told this right after hearing that I'd Sleep Walked.

Whether the story is true or allegorical, I have no idea, but like the link says, it can be dangerous.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Wife followed him around last night and he jumped when he turned around and saw her and almost took a swing. Would not end well for him, sleeping or not. Very out of character, as in would never dream of it in waking life.
No offense, and you can raise your kids however you choose, but "Would not end well for him, sleeping or not"? Gotta say that somebody with a sleep disorder like this, doesn't know what they are doing and aren't responsible for something like that. I think hitting him back would be counter-productive. Again, no offense.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
They grow out of it. The key is keeping the locks on the doors high enough they can not get out.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

BGG,

Connor, my 8 year old, has done it when he's extremely over-tired. He'll actually have a "conversation" that you're not really privy to.

It's been a while since it's happened but I generally just pick him up and put him back in bed. Freaked me out the first time....

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oldest daughter would do it occasionally when she was younger....wierd as hell, she would walk into our bedroom, make some off the wall statement that prolly made sense in her dream and them walk back to her room and go back to bed and she would have no recollection of it.....she will be 18 in a couple months and hasnt done it for the last few years that i know about....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I have seen my son do exactly that, once. Scared and puzzled me at the same time. I was looking in his eyes while talking to him and nobody was home. Eeek! I put him back in bed and that was that.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Wingnut53
They grow out of it. The key is keeping the locks on the doors high enough they can not get out.

Exactly. My oldest use to do it, freaked me out the first few times, she did the talking thing too. But she grew out of it a couple of years after.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

No offense, and you can raise your kids however you choose, but "Would not end well for him, sleeping or not"? Gotta say that somebody with a sleep disorder like this, doesn't know what they are doing and aren't responsible for something like that. I think hitting him back would be counter-productive. Again, no offense.

None taken.

All I meant was he'd be woken up, rather quickly. Can't punish kids for things that aren't their fault. I was interjecting a little humor into an otherwise freaky situation. He's 10 not 20. smile

MAGA
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,532
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.