Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That reminds me of an archery elk hunt four of us went on, the plan was for a two week stay out in the woods. After a buddy found a pair of thong panties his wife stashed in his sleeping bag to make sure he didn't forget her he bugged out and went home after day four. Think it drove him crazy.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OK, now I have this image -- think of that picture of Sky and his buddy behind their rifles....
<br>
<br>Now, replace those two with two guys (one 6'4" and the other even taller), one wearing a pink prom dress and the other, I don't know -- maybe yellow? Both with 2 days beard growth. Now put it on video with them shooting pdogs at 600 yards. 103 degrees in the shade and no shade in sight...
<br>
<br>Hell, if I wasn't one of the dudes, I might just pay to watch that video! [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>Oh, and blue pumps with a pink dress -- I don't THINK so!
<br>.
<br>.
<br>.
<br>.
<br>.
<br>.
<br>
<br>I'll wear the white ones with the bow on the toe... (grin)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spike -- did she wash the racing stripe out first????

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We're gaining down hill momentum quickly!
<br>
<br>
<br>MS,
<br>
<br>My best guess (he wouldn't share) is they came equiped with color and odor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, you guys are starting (?) to scare me! Besides, that would have to be the 2 ugliest prom dates in the history of proms!
<br>
<br>Now I'm going to have to ask my wife why she doesn't pack nice little "surprises" for me when I go hunting. You guys sure you didn't pack that stuff yourselves just for excuse to get out of camp after a few days with deranged characters like you? (of course I don't include myself in this definition)[Linked Image]
<br>
<br>How is it I always seem to get involved in these threads when they are headed for the bottom of the barrel? [Linked Image]- Sheister

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spike, in that case -- make it a 3 week trip for me!
<br>
<br>Ooops! Back on topic: REMINGTONS SUCK!!!!!!!!!
<br>
<br>BTW Bearrr264, just don't ask me too many math questions. There was a time when I thought it was fun. Quite frankly, now I don't [Linked Image]! I was a weird kid. The only kid in our H.S. on both the varsity basketball team AND the math team. But hey, we finished 5th in state! Unfortunately, in the annual math tournament. Not basketball. Didn't exactly get me anywhere with the chicks, if you can imagine [Linked Image].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sheister, per your last statement: kinda makes you wonder.....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Funny how things change. Now when I come home from a hunting trip I give my wife my underwear with special colors and oders. For some reason I don't think it has the same effect on her as hers might have on me.
<br>
<br>
<br>Where were we again....oh yeah...Remington's.....
<br>
<br>I bought a left hand Win. 70 to see what all the hype was about and why it was the only gun to own. Sorry, I don't see it. The thing drives me nuts... have to have a round down in the box to feed. The safety sucks, takes a gorilla tumb to push it forward for release. The action is about as smooth as a porcupines tail. The machining marks adds a beautiful touch and texture. The wood stock scratches if you look at it wrong. My cleaning guide tube gets stuck on the ejection tab and is a major pain to get it out. I could go on but let's just say I don't get why others like them so much, I must be missing something.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
For big game animals up to elk, I like a .270 Winchester. Like 150 grain Grand Slams on the big animals, and 130 grain Hornadies on the smaller critters. If your hunting involves larger bears and moose, probably the .30-06 has the advantage, because you have the 180, 190, 200 and 220 grainers to resort to. I would think that the 200 grain Grand Slam would be awesomely effective on large bears, even in close cover. I don't know if Nitrix loads them though.
<br>
<br>Oh, and Remington's suck!!! [Linked Image]

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
TRH,
<br>
<br>Do you have any experience with the .270 150g Grand Slam on elk. That is the same set up I use but my experience is limited to deer.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where do I find a wife like that???? Mine would laugh if I asked her to do my laundry after a hunting trip.
<br>
<br>Oh, yeah -- Remington's. THEY SUCK! Winchester too! I'm getting so confused...
<br>
<br>Tell me again, which rifles DON'T suck please!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sorry. Not first hand. Heard that it does a number on them though. I actually took 130 grain grand slams on an elk hunt once, but never got a chance to put one actually in an elk. Got to be good though. Tough bullets, yet not so tough that they won't expand and make a nice big permanent hole.
<br>
<br>How do they work on deer. Seems to me deer don't have enough flesh and bone to warrent a grand slam. Expand well? I expect you get all the penetration you need, and then some.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MS,
<br>
<br>Well, see...the difference between you and me is when I come home from a hunting trip I smell like roses.
<br>
<br>You on the other hand, you could probably knock a buzzard off a $hit-wagon. [Linked Image]

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I never had a Winchester that sucked. Don't know what they are putting out today, but mine are real shooters, and function great.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm limited to one whitetail and it knocked it down on the spot....pretty good sized hole going in and an even bigger one going out. Obvioulsy didn't find it so can't comment on what it looked like. I did shoot one into a sand bag and it essentially blew up, all I found were pieces of copper.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm having problems with all of my rifles:
<br>
<br>My Weatherby's refuse to fire until after I pull the trigger; My Ruger has to be rezeroed EVERY time I change scopes; My TC Encore requires me to replace the emptied shell after every shot; my mauser still requires me to cycle the action after every shot, and the darn Browning makes a loud noise every time I shoot it. When are these manufacturers EVER going to get it right.
<br>
<br>By the way, finding your wife's panties in your sleeping bag
<br>IS A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN WAKING UP WITH YOUR BUDDY's BOXERS IN YOUR BAG. (Especially if he thinks that the men in
<br>'Deliverance' were merely misunderstood). (THIS IS JUST AN ASSUMPTION).

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Spike, it must have held together pretty good if it went all the way through. That says something. Seems to have expanded too, or there wouldn't have been such a big hole on the far side. How far was the animal (wondering about how fast the bullet was going at the time), and about how much did it weigh?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
they are going 2900fps out of the muzzle and the shot was about 150 yards away. The deer was running up hill and at an angle on the opposite hillside.
<br>
<br>Here's a picture:
<br>
<br>http://www.oregon-outback.com/whitetailscan.jpg
<br>
<br>You can see the bullet hole next to the binoculars. The shot was high but angle down.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2nd, good one!
<br>
<br>For some REALLY strange reason I'm suddenly reminded of a story. If you want something "on topic" you might want to skip this....
<br>
<br>In college, I had a roommate who had a tendency to wear my stuff if it was more convenient than his own. Sooooo, one day my girlfriend stops by and drops off my jacket that she'd borrowed for a week or two and leaves it hanging on the chair by my desk. Enter my buddy, who is late for a class and grabs my jacket from the chair and runs up to the hill. He's about ten minutes late for class and as he walks in the door he absentmindedly puts his hand in the jacket pocket. The whole class turns to the back of the room to see who is strolling in so late. The prof stops his sermon as he waltzes in. He finds something in the pocket and thinking I left him a roll of lifesavers in there, he excitedly whips it out -- thinking he made a big score!
<br>
<br>Now the timing is perfect, 'cus he whips it out right as he walks in and the prof stops and the whole class turns around -- and it's not lifesavers -- it's a Kotex!
<br>
<br>The whole class, even the prof bust out laughing. He simply shook his head, said it wasn't worth trying to explain, stuffs the "lifesavers" back in the pocket and takes his seat...
<br>
<br>Oh, wait -- REMINGTON'S SUCK!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Spike,
<br>
<br>Just between you and me, but I'd clean my weapon really well before I went home, so that I was sure that my wife didn't think that I smelled like anyone named Rosie! Or, I guess that you could use a good cover scent and hope for the best. But wives know, oh ya, they know!
<br>
<br>Wow, what a full service web site, I wonder what Dr. Ruth's handle is? Probably Big Stick!
<br>
<br>Laughingly yours,
<br>
<br>Bearrr264
<br>
<br>PS However, I was thinking that, if you're ever hunting down in the rural southeast and some hillybilly asks you to remove "dem panties, too!" as in "Deliverance", you could whip out a pair of your wife's underwear, rather than removing your own. But the question remains, can you squeal like a pig?

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 27 invisible), 1,650 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,070
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.