-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, I think Larry Vickers or one of the other top instructors should give me a tactical carbine class for free... Wait that's not what you asked....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide Roll, now lets go hunting!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

No.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The real problem is .gov is not trying to make things better but Disarm us

So they can make a program that no one can pass�

Then what?

My problem is just that.

Would I like gun owners to be trained? Yes

Do I want someone who wants to disarm me to design the program? NO

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by battue
Unfortunately I think Graydog is right. The NRA has held a heavy hand over the politicians and if they hadn't things would have crashed before this. However, votes still rule and if enough politicians get together and brake rank in unison they may back the NRA into a corner. A compromise will be struck and the NRA will get to run the program according to the cloudy crystal ball. Everyone gets reelected, the NRA is the hero, but the armor now has a weak spot.

I will add a prediction. Mandatory secure storage. Talking decades away, but, that my prediction. Because a) it's arguably not an infringement and b) it's a very good idea to have your firearms secured anyway.

No it's not a good idea to have your firearms secured. I'm not about to tell someone or something to wait whilst I enter a combination. It's another feel good thing.

The keypad units are very fast.

I will disagree with the statement that "it's not a good idea to have your firearms secured". I believe it is a good idea.

That doesn't mean I'm advocating for mandatory secured storage. Just predicting.

What is the purpose of keeping a firearm in a safe?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by temmi
The real problem is .gov is not trying to make things better but Disarm us

So they can make a program that no one can pass�

Then what?

My problem is just that.

Would I like gun owners to be trained? Yes

Do I want someone who wants to disarm me to design the program? NO
Bingo.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How about we take all this money that Big Brother wants to throw at our gun problem and use it on welfare reform? Stop people from having all these children they can't/won't give the parenting they need to become responsible citizens. Nuke the crime rate at the source. Wait,..... we can't do that, that would be infringing on someone's rights. Let's just look at gun control instead. (tongue firmly in cheek)

Now with even more aplomb
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interestingly enough this is one thing that I think really should be mandated. BUT I'm scared to death of how they would do it, what records they would keep track of and how would they pass/fail?

I have no issues with what we are required to do for CHL licenses either. But that too can be a slippery slope.

Generally speaking the onset of things like this works fine,its what it turns into later on down the line that sucks. or can.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No free man with a right mind would ever trust a liberal POS like ozero with a tool like this. Wake up this isn't just a bad dream.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Late to this game but the answer is still NO.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Administered by the NRA, you bet, and not just for gunowners. Basic knowledge of personal arms is critical to understanding the world around you. I'd love to see a two day training course in every high school in the country.

As actually offered, absolutely not. The leftists pushing this aren't interested in safety or skill sets, they're interested in disarming their subjects and this is just another poll tax along the way.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
So does this mean you all oppose the hunter safety course also?

They are a joke also. If a 6 year old can pass it, what meaningful information does it have for hunters? Wear blaze orange? Don't shoot until you can identify the target?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
No to mandatory training for adults, whether it be hunter safety or gun ownership.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Barkoff
So does this mean you all oppose the hunter safety course also?

They are a joke also. If a 6 year old can pass it, what meaningful information does it have for hunters? Wear blaze orange? Don't shoot until you can identify the target?

RE hunter safety, which I have taught mroe than a few students in.... has proven, at least in TX, to reduce the accidents. But it also proves that education will never eliminate accidents or negligence. Luckily for us even if a student passed but we had a bad feeling, we could fail them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
far as I am concerned, the government has no business at all mandating training, ownership restrictions, registration or regulation of guns. Period.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
far as I am concerned, the government has no business at all mandating training, ownership restrictions, registration or regulation of guns. Period.

I am Pretty much against the Federal Government mandating anything. They always have and always will find a way to screw it up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Something mandated by our government to allow us to exercise a right?

NFW.

I think that the effectiveness of various safety courses are normally grossly overstated, especially by those who try so hard to make a difference. I'm not saying don't try, just don't overstate the results and for damned sure do not make the course required by law.

Then there'll be a tax, and a registration, etc....

Most of the bone-headed stunts that people witness are not going to be "educated" out of someone by a simple 4 or 8 hour course. Offer a simple safety course as a part of general education and let it go at that.

I took a hunter ed class in a public school in the very late 1960's. It damned sure didn't hurt me, but don't pervert that in to another "law".

The government, Obama (in particular), or some simple training session isn't going to be any great cure-all.

I kind of rank this gun education/control issue right up there with abortion - it ain't what I want my federal government focusing on.

BTW, where in the hell did the idea that safety training is going to help curb violence come from, anyway?????
Typical liberal stretch.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Seafire
I was trained by my dad and granddad growing up,

but I had mandatory firearm training by the Federal Government back in 1977....

it was called US Army Basic Training...

There is a reason they call it BASIC.
whelenut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by aspade
Administered by the NRA, you bet, and not just for gunowners. Basic knowledge of personal arms is critical to understanding the world around you. I'd love to see a two day training course in every high school in the country.

As actually offered, absolutely not. The leftists pushing this aren't interested in safety or skill sets, they're interested in disarming their subjects and this is just another poll tax along the way.

In Canada, the National Firearms Association actually went so far as to advocate for a training/testing program which they would administer. They lost my support the day they did that and will never get it back.
No gun control, licensing, registration, restrictions, or background checking are ever going to have any real effect on crime and certainly not on mass murders. In the end, armed pretectors (that's what the Second Amendment is all about) and a change in mindset can have an effect. Sadly, both sides of the argument are so inflexible and close minded it is unlikely such a thing will happen.
Probably the biggest difference between the US of my youth and the US today are communication media and population. There are more than twice as many people in the US and more than three times as many in the world as there were when I was a kid in school. It seems like an inordinate amount of the increase is in the nut job category. Communication capability (like this one I'm pecking on right now) seems to make it worse. I'm depressed now and, on top of that, I've got the flu; I think I'll take a nap. GD

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
NO! Some government cronie who is supposedly better at training that anyone else?!

I got my learning from my father and from others around me...and my common sense.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rost495

RE hunter safety, which I have taught mroe than a few students in.... has proven, at least in TX, to reduce the accidents. But it also proves that education will never eliminate accidents or negligence. Luckily for us even if a student passed but we had a bad feeling, we could fail them.

Whats to stop the Gov't from failing people who pass these test just because they have a bad feeling?

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (257Bob, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 75 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,684
Posts18,493,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.