Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If scenar and Jordan can use it correctly I know I can. smile I may have to try one.........

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

You just have to make sure you take Jerry's advice and move your eye side to side lining up the reticle with the left side of the slot and the right side, to make sure that it's perfectly parallel with the slot. Then make sure the pointer is aiming at the very center line of the tang or bolt shroud/firing pin, and you're good to go.

I received my "Blem" yesterday. Looks perfect to me. I've been playing with it on a few scopes that are already mounted. I've found that in addition to Jordan's/Jerry's advice, looking back through the objective with the rifle in a rest/vise provides a smaller site picture that also helps confirm that the reticle is perfectly parallel with the slot. It's a very nice tool!

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

Mine works great.

Jerry is "old school". He once showed me a stock that he hand checkered. It was flawless. It was also his first try.....

We've been good friends since we were 17. In the fall of '75, we hunted everyday before school. A time or two we pulled into the parking lot of the high school with critters in the back and rifles in the rack. Nobody ever said anything. Those were the days!!

Jerry is a perfectionist, for sure, and quite an artist from what I hear.

I've had some nice conversations with him and he's a real interesting guy. He thinks a lot of you. I've heard a bunch of "Pat stories", all good and very entertaining. You guys live in a great state with a lot of opportunities for hunting and adventure. I always enjoy those accounts.

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MCT3

You just have to make sure you take Jerry's advice and move your eye side to side lining up the reticle with the left side of the slot and the right side, to make sure that it's perfectly parallel with the slot. Then make sure the pointer is aiming at the very center line of the tang or bolt shroud/firing pin, and you're good to go.

I received my "Blem" yesterday. Looks perfect to me. I've been playing with it on a few scopes that are already mounted. I've found that in addition to Jordan's/Jerry's advice, looking back through the objective with the rifle in a rest/vise provides a smaller site picture that also helps confirm that the reticle is perfectly parallel with the slot. It's a very nice tool!

Good idea!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by JGRaider
If scenar and Jordan can use it correctly I know I can. smile I may have to try one.........

JG,

You're not setting the bar very high... blush

DF

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine in the mail today. I'll try it out this evening! I orderded a blem, but I'll be darned if I can see where there's a blemish. Very fast shipping also. Thanks, Jerry. Nice talking to you the other day.

John

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The only issue I had, and it wasn't much of a problem, was slick Delrin not gripping very well on a gloss finished Leupy. It did fine with matte finished scopes. I stuck a strip of blue painters tape in the inside "V" of the Reticle-Tru and the extra friction held without slippage.

Aligning the reticle with the slit is easy if one holds the scope to the light and moves one's eye back and forth to precisely align the edge of the slit with the reticle.

DF

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
...I think the price break on the blems represents an opportunity....

I have to agree. The pricing looks good, so I just placed my order for one.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
We've gotten some good points from Fire contributors. I liked the idea of looking thru the objective to double check reticle/slit alignment. I plan to try that next time I mount a scope.

Keep sharing those experiences and pearls of wisdom.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just ordered mine. If this works as well as everyone says it will save me a lot of time. I am always fighting to get a true straight reticle.

Reno

The time is drawing nearer for the American People to stand up for what they believe in. To stop having their rights trampled by the a$$holes in Washington D.C.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine in the mail yesterday, very fast shipping and packaged well. Mounted two scopes with it this afternoon and worked as advertised...very easy and fast.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine also. Just haven't had a chance to use it though.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Not sure if posted yet... but I came across this on youtube...going to order one

http://youtu.be/0V8y7daTG9E

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I got my "blem" in the mail a couple of days ago. It looks perfect and I can't tell what makes it a blem. Maybe if I had a non-blem one to compare to, but I doubt it. Very happy with the purchase, the discount price, and the quick shipping. It's a good deal.

Last edited by Blacktails; 01/18/13.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
The Reticle Tru makes life a lot easier. I got one from Jerry, and it's worked very well once I got passed a few challenges that were purely a matter of using the device correctly.

Very straight forward.

Jordan,

could you tell us for the Canadians how was the process as the website says not outisde USA?

all the best.

Phil

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nice infomercial...

Remember he IS trying to sell you something. wink

Bubble levels can be tested to prove thay are giving you a correct reading. I shoot long range so I'll stick to bubble levels and plumb lines. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Nice infomercial...

Remember he IS trying to sell you something. wink

Bubble levels can be tested to prove thay are giving you a correct reading. I shoot long range so I'll stick to bubble levels and plumb lines. smile

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by yukonphil
The Reticle Tru makes life a lot easier. I got one from Jerry, and it's worked very well once I got passed a few challenges that were purely a matter of using the device correctly.

Very straight forward.

Jordan,

could you tell us for the Canadians how was the process as the website says not outisde USA?

all the best.

Phil

Phil,

The best way is to PM Jerry directly. His screen name is Hi_Vel.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I just got an email from Jerry (Hi_Vel). He has some Reticle Tru blems for sale.

I don't know the price, but in the past his blems went really fast.

Jerry is such a stickler for perfection, a blem to him may be an OK product to most anyone else.

Check his web site, http://parabola-llc.com/

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Check it out.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.