Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have a co worker who is a raving libtard.

He is all over me about my lack of real argument over the magazine capacity.

He says there is absolutely no need for a large capacity magazine, and nobody should need more than 6-10 for any reason.

I told him it is not about need, but a right to own what we want to paid for in blood. He needs to stop blaming rifles and magazines for what people are doing with them...

So, what is a better statement to return fire with?

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
I have a co worker who is a raving libtard.

So, what is a better statement to return fire with?

Nothing will work.

Don't feed his appetite for argument, you will NEVER change his mind.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Only help for him IE is a custom fitted neck-tie, and you're the tailor. wink

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Only help for him IE is a custom fitted neck-tie, and you're the tailor. wink

Gunner

Paracord? Or should i use a larger rope so we dont have a mess to clean up when its over? grin

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Marty: In cases like this, I like to retort GFY. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Tightly wound cannon fuse, then light it and leave. laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Nah, det cord. Of course, then you have the mess.

to the OP. Most liberals don't want to hear about individual rights, or what it took to get them. to them, the Constitution is an inconvenience. He won't listen. instead, offer to educate him. Offer to take him shooting so he can either a) confirm his thoughts, and be able to argue from a defensible position instead of ignorance, or b) show him the reality. I've actually taken a couple of my miseducated/ignorant neighbors shooting and one of them is buying a 10/22 to have fun with (and some 25 round magazines) and the other is lamenting the cost of AR's and unavailable ammo now. They both realize that shooting is fun, and in the right hands, guns are not a danger now. On the other hand, I have a third neighbor that remians adamant that people aren't responsible, and inanimate tools are. Can't win them all.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Use a heavy dose of sarcasm while telling him that the assailant may be part of a gang. Remember the lady in GA who emptied a .38 on one assailant and he still drove away. What if there were 3 or 4 of them? Then when he doesn't get it tell him to GFY.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ask him why he should not be trusted with either an AR or a mag. Keep after him to answer, because he will refuse to answer it directly. That is, after all, what he is saying with a ban. They think no one should be allowed to have one. Why not him? What is it about him that can't be trusted? I'll bet you don't get an answer.

I think, therefore I am, conservative.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Invite him to go shooting with you. I have yet to see someone who doesn't absolutely love to dump a 30 round mag as fast as they can pull the trigger. Most of these anti gun folks have no hands on experience with firearms at all, you never know, you may change his mind.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JeffP40
Ask him why he should not be trusted with either an AR or a mag. Keep after him to answer, because he will refuse to answer it directly. That is, after all, what he is saying with a ban. They think no one should be allowed to have one. Why not him? What is it about him that can't be trusted? I'll bet you don't get an answer.

I like that one.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A different response might be something like this:

When I call the cops because someone is breaking into my house they will show up to face that threat, someone breaking into my house, with standard capacity magazines in their pistols (15-20) and ARs (30).

They are not showing up to "kill as many as possible". They are simply carrying the right tools to face an unknown threat.

I am an American Citizen and the 2nd Amendment allows me the right to keep and bear arms for several reasons. One of those reasons is self defense and I choose the same types of arms as my local police department because I face the same threats as my local police department.

Or you could just start screaming "Molon Labe" as you dance in a circle around him. grin

Last edited by JohnBurns; 01/24/13.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just say,"I have no desire to educate someone with such limited understanding and closed mind." That would antagonize him in exactly the right way.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After reading Old70's and Miguel's posts about inviting non-gunners to go out shooting, it occurred to me that maybe that's what we all should be doing; taking our non-shooting acquaintances out to the range with some fun to shoot guns, a pile of ammo and some reactive targets. It might serve to educate some of those folks and maybe even convert a few into gun owners and 2A supporters.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Have him read this:

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com...e-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/

The embarrassingly simple reason that magazine size restrictions can�t lessen the lethality of mass shooters is that it doesn�t matter how many rounds fit in a magazine if a shooter has multiple magazines.

Cho was able to carry out this massacre because he carried a backpack containing 19 magazines, a fact not well-publicized.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bruin I make a distinction between a "non-shooter" and an "anti" . A non- shooter is ignorant. We ALL start off ignorant. Then we learn if we have any interest. When one has an interest and chooses to remain ignorant, then they have upgraded to STUPID. That describes the anti quite well.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
bruin I make a distinction between a "non-shooter" and an "anti" . A non- shooter is ignorant. We ALL start off ignorant. Then we learn if we have any interest. When one has an interest and chooses to remain ignorant, then they have upgraded to STUPID. That describes the anti quite well.

ET, I agree completely. It's those ignorant or ambivalent types who I was referring to and we have the best chance of winning over. As you point out, their position on guns often comes from having no experience with guns. Those are the types we can win over simply by doing what we already enjoy doing - going shooting.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Need has nothing to do with it.. a Right has everything to do with it...

Lefties Feel they have the need to abuse the 1st Amendment, while denying others the need for the second amendment... Lefties feel that is their right....

Lefties always want to ban something or deny to others, the rights that they personally don't think they need...

Reasoning with one, is like trying to talk to a fence post..

its a waste of time, just as their existence is a waste of time...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Actions always speak louder than words. What do we have to lose to try and get non-shooters interested in shooting? You can argue with someone who is set in their ways until you are blue in the face, but when you see that childlike smile come over someones face after firing a gun for the first time, you know that you have got to them.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

He says there is absolutely no need for a large capacity magazine, and nobody should need more than 6-10 for any reason.

Because, in the heat of the moment, I may miss.

Apparently these folks have never been in a stressful life and death situation.

It ain't the freakin movies where the good guy bust cranium with every shot.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

425 members (1100mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,075
Posts18,501,543
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.