Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ingwe
Marty: In cases like this, I like to retort GFY. grin

I'm more than a little disappointed it took four posts to get to this answer.

Last edited by tzone; 01/24/13.

Camp is where you make it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
So, what is a better statement to return fire with?

Why are you wasting your time (and ours) trying to have a battle of wits with an [unarmed and brainless] person!!??

The person you described strikes me as incredibly DANGEROUS to your job security and level of productivity!

Twas me, whenever I saw that guy I'd go the other way.

And if he was harrassing me because of my views, I'd tell him we'd have to agree to disagree and to stop [bugging] me!

PLUS anyone else who gets involved with your argument ("discussion") is NOT going to be on the sensible or conservative side, esp the HR department.

Methinks it could be disasterous if the HR department was aware you two are bantering "politics" at work. wink (I speak from experience too)

But a counter comment? Tell him "personal respomsibility" is a big deal to you! Like putting in a full day's work (maybe he'd take the hint and concentrate on his work area?)

Without humiliating or embarressing him, - however you say or convey those points, maybe you could also add "that those killer-criminal-shooters sure didn't believe in their personal responsibility, did they!?"

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a co worker who is a raving libtard.

He is all over me about my lack of real argument over the magazine capacity.

He says there is absolutely no need for a large capacity magazine, and nobody should need more than 6-10 for any reason.

I told him it is not about need, but a right to own what we want to paid for in blood. He needs to stop blaming rifles and magazines for what people are doing with them...

Ask him how he could possibly know how many rounds a person needs in any firearm whatsoever. Then tell him that if he would really like to know.....take a stroll through the nastiest section of a really bad place and if he's able to make it back.....ask how it worked out for him. Then, point out to him that those real scary dudes in that nasty section of town, have 2 legs and can go where ever they want to do their bad deeds. They aren't stuck in one place. This is just a start.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It's not a matter of need but here goes.

When the verdict came in on the Rodney King officers there were mobs of killers/looters & city burners running wild through the streets and stores.

Ask him what he wants in his hands when he looks up and sees a mob of armed killers running toward him with bricks, bats and gasoline.

-Then find a very old Black couple and ask them what they wanted in their hands when the original white sheeted terrorists came for a visit.

-Any gang member will tell you one of the initiation rites is to commit a truly outstanding felony. Just because they have chosen to commit these felonies on themselves is no reason to think they will never get around to the unarmed. What does this guy want in his hands when the gang bangers come for his daughter & wife.

If he brushes you off with "that was in the past" or some such nonsense just leave him standing there. He has no interest in reason. He's just food for the predatory. You can't reason with food.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I got in the same "discussion" with my employer. when he said I don't need a 30 round magazine I told him he didn't need a 72' Hatteras twin diesel engined sport fisher either then told him to GFY.

ML

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all my gear for what I said I paid for it.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The only thing I can come up with involves a long cuffed welding glove filled with lead shot and a lot of screaming and crying.

Sorry, I'm so old fashioned.

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
it is my birth right as an American, then tell him GFY!

Clos

NRA Life Member

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Invite him to familiarize himself with the 2nd amendment, its intent and history. That wil explain why we need high capacity magazines. If he still doesnt get it forget about him, hes a lemming.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Gotta keep all this ammo somewhere. It might as well be loaded in clips.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why do we need cars that do 100 mph? Nobody "needs" to go more than 50mph to get where they need to go.

Tell him to head on down to the Mexican border and tell those folks what they need.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Or you could just start screaming "Molon Labe" as you dance in a circle around him. grin

Nice. smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I still can't figure out how somebody that is pro-gun doesn't know how to state their reasons for being pro-gun.

Can somebody tell me why I don't like abortion?

Tanqueray is wonderful. Can somebody tell me why I like Tanqueray?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are two arguments.

The first is to point out what happened in LA and other cities a few years ago when hordes of people started burning things down and generally raising hell. You would need assault rifles, large cap mags and lots of ammunition to survive.

The second is to point out the real purpose of the 2nd amendment is to enable the citizens to fight tyranny. The people who wrote the constitution and the 2nd had just fought against tyranny and gun grabbers and wanted to ensure that the citizens could fight against tyranny if it was required. Furthermore, when you consider Obama's numerous violations of the constitution and the support progressives fascists provide him it's clear that we are likely to need to need our guns to fight against tyranny again soon.

Last edited by ConradCA; 01/24/13.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Just figured out what GFY means.. I must be as dull as my wife says I am. GFY sounds like an excellent answer.

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by deflave
Can somebody tell me why I like Tanqueray?

Travis

Because you like the taste of pine needles? sick grin

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
Just figured out what GFY means.. I must be as dull as my wife says I am. GFY sounds like an excellent answer.

GFY.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by deflave
Can somebody tell me why I like Tanqueray?

Travis

Because you like the taste of pine needles? sick grin

Maybe. I don't know. Somebody tell me. GFY.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a co worker who is a raving libtard.

He is all over me about my lack of real argument over the magazine capacity.

He says there is absolutely no need for a large capacity magazine, and nobody should need more than 6-10 for any reason.

I told him it is not about need, but a right to own what we want to paid for in blood. He needs to stop blaming rifles and magazines for what people are doing with them...

Tell him his 1st amendment is limited to one word.

Last edited by RichardAustin; 01/24/13.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
Give it a try for a few days and get back to us. Jobless, divorced and in intensive care should be a good story.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you need a car that goes 100mph?
Do you need a cell phone with internet?

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

381 members (17CalFan, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 34 invisible), 2,006 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,089
Posts18,501,838
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.