-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,081 of 1,842 1 2 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1841 1842
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nothing further North & I don't think they are calling for it ?

Paul.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Just starting here.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So while in Scottsdale I sat next to a business colleague who lived in the adjoining town to New Town, Conn. We had a discussion about firearms. What a clueless guy. Absolutely had swallowed every gun control talking point. No compromise whatsoever, and then he had the gall to tell me I wouldnt compromise...when I pointed that out, he huffed and puffed about saving kids.

Most of us here live in the central or west. I tell you what, the east coast is different than we are. way different. I did burn him pretty good when he said we should change the constitution because the forefathers couldnt have known about ARs. I said they couldnt have known about the internet either, so we better open up a conversation about restricting the 1st Amendment with regards to the internet. And I really roasted him when I said, what if there was 1 common thread between all mass killings of more than 2 people since 1950. If we could find something like that, should we look really hard at that and make appropriate changes? I said it like someone should research it....he bought in 100%. I said, well there is a common thread. They were all gun-free zones. That got him pretty mad and that was the end of the conversation as we were in a business setting.

The point of all this is that many of us run with like-minded people. Believe me, there are a lot of people out there that are extremely passionate and unfortunately they have been brainwashed by the liberals. If you find out yourself in one of these situations, especially in a business setting, sometimes descretion is the better way to go...you aint gonna change their mind.

Of note though, the next day I was sitting with the CEO of my firm and we were talking about team building activities and the topic of trap shooting came up and he loved that idea. An East Coast liberal said that some people might be offended by that and my CEO, bless his heart, said that during a team building event some people have to get out of their comfort zone! I loved it!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N

I'm hearing and agreeing with everything you are saying Bman.

But we can find those arm chair qb's in our own hometowns. Those that buy in 100% to the whole idea that gun laws somehow control criminals.

You found one from "out east", but they are everywhere (unfortunately)

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good point. I am sure we have some here as well, but from what I saw the east coast is stocked with them. Quite the times we are living in.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For us MN guys, the MN House of Representatives held the first hearing on MN HF 241 today and tomorrow will have the first hearing on HF 242. 241 proposes to ban virtually all semiautomatic firearms of all types and 242 proposes to ban all magazines with a capacity of more than ten rounds. The NRA spokesperson who testified said that this would the most onerous of any state law governing firearms in the country if it would be passed. Please contact your legislators immediately.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Good point. I am sure we have some here as well, but from what I saw the east coast is stocked with them. Quite the times we are living in.

I suppose you guys already practice this but taking these people to the range is really worth the effort. When they find they can't hit diddly with a semiauto anything they stop worrying about the capacity issues. Of course handing a total novice (or worse an out-and-out gun phobe) a semiauto pistol is a bit dangerous so you gotta watch what you are doing and maybe start with single fire, But in the end, give them 4-5 targets and let them see how hard it is to hit them shooting "as fast as you can squeeze the trigger" is pretty enlightening for them.

I have four of them now gun owners and weekly trap shooting partners in the summer time.

Only way I know how to deal with these folks and make progress.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good point Brent

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a very good point, I too have done this. sometimes it's not even someone way left, it could be someone who just never used a gun and quite often they said guns were scary to them and they just avoided them, but didn't care if other people had them. they are quite fun to take to the range. I know several who have went on to purchase their own guns and started to teach others.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I had a dollar for every anti-gun nurse who, after going shooting, now owns a gun (and often has a permit to carry) I could buy us all a beer.

smile

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well...You should buy us all beer anyway. laugh

I used to help teach the "shotgun" classes for Becoming an Outdoors Woman, through out hunters safety group. The number of ladies from a big city that were afraid of gun, but came along because their frineds "dragged" them with was in the dozens.

By the end of the day, they were asking where to buy shotguns. I even stopped at GM on the way home from one of them and two of the ladies were in there buying guns! They both bought Browing Citori's!

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The one thing about newbies to shooting, is they have no sense muzzle control. With pistols, plan accordingly. They seem to change direction way way too often and unexpectedly.

Good work on the BOW work. It really helps and lots of women are willing to attend with other women, but not willing to do it with just their husband or boyfriend.

Our Local PF sponsors a lot of them

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Minnesota Nice..

I think these guys are Dave's heroes. In fact, I wonder if that isn't Dave himself adding in the falsetto smile

Admittedly, at 2minutes, 58 seconds, this might be about 177 seconds too long.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
It is so true.

Youth IS wasted on the young.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BrentD

Good work on the BOW work. It really helps and lots of women are willing to attend with other women, but not willing to do it with just their husband or boyfriend.

Our Local PF sponsors a lot of them

The ladies are really a good time. They have fun with it, which is what shooting is supposed to be about. It's pretty cool when you take someone who's never even held a shotgun, to hitting trap and/or skeet a few hours later. Many of them come back year after year.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am firmly convinced that if you could get the most rabid PETA member to pull the trigger on a sod rat just once they would be hooked grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rflshtr
For us MN guys, the MN House of Representatives held the first hearing on MN HF 241 today and tomorrow will have the first hearing on HF 242. 241 proposes to ban virtually all semiautomatic firearms of all types and 242 proposes to ban all magazines with a capacity of more than ten rounds. The NRA spokesperson who testified said that this would the most onerous of any state law governing firearms in the country if it would be passed. Please contact your legislators immediately.

A buddy of mine watched this on line. Here is his take. (An email he sent me a bit ago)

"Have you been looking at the gun laws they are trying to put in place in Minnesota? I have been watching the house committee meetings on this crap and its absolutely absurd what they are trying to do. I watched online the State house hearings on the new proposed gun laws last night, or at least one of them, HF241 about assault weapons, I cannot believe the absolute absurdity of the people that are proponents of this bill. This woman starts presenting this bill and what is the first thing she does, plop a bunch of pictures of the sandy hook kids on the podium. Every bit of testimony was completely irrelevant to the real problem. They are so unwilling to blame the criminals for crime. I am so upset with myself that I didn't go down there and testify in front of that committee. There were some good speakers on the opposing side as well, but I sure would have like to have been one of them. Oh and get this, the woman that authored the bill, presented a short introduction to it and then left, for a 'prior engagement', so the opponents couldn't even challenge her or ask her to answer questions. During the opponents time to testify there were a bunch of members of the committee that they were testifying in front of that GOT UP AND LEFT ! They didn't find it important enough to arrange their schedules so that they could listen to the people that were opposing this bill. By the way the bill was drafted and co-sponsored but 8 people, all D-F-L."

Does anybody have a link to all the legislators that need to be contacted?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Never mind. I found a list I used for the Vikings stadium:

List available if you want it.

Last edited by Rooster7; 02/07/13.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Give me back that list rooster.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Never mind. I found a list I used for the Vikings stadium:

List available if you want it.

I feel for you guy's and all this gun crap you are going though.

"Papa ! Nana made turtles in the potty !"
Page 1,081 of 1,842 1 2 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,475
Posts18,489,932
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.