So while in Scottsdale I sat next to a business colleague who lived in the adjoining town to New Town, Conn. We had a discussion about firearms. What a clueless guy. Absolutely had swallowed every gun control talking point. No compromise whatsoever, and then he had the gall to tell me I wouldnt compromise...when I pointed that out, he huffed and puffed about saving kids.

Most of us here live in the central or west. I tell you what, the east coast is different than we are. way different. I did burn him pretty good when he said we should change the constitution because the forefathers couldnt have known about ARs. I said they couldnt have known about the internet either, so we better open up a conversation about restricting the 1st Amendment with regards to the internet. And I really roasted him when I said, what if there was 1 common thread between all mass killings of more than 2 people since 1950. If we could find something like that, should we look really hard at that and make appropriate changes? I said it like someone should research it....he bought in 100%. I said, well there is a common thread. They were all gun-free zones. That got him pretty mad and that was the end of the conversation as we were in a business setting.

The point of all this is that many of us run with like-minded people. Believe me, there are a lot of people out there that are extremely passionate and unfortunately they have been brainwashed by the liberals. If you find out yourself in one of these situations, especially in a business setting, sometimes descretion is the better way to go...you aint gonna change their mind.

Of note though, the next day I was sitting with the CEO of my firm and we were talking about team building activities and the topic of trap shooting came up and he loved that idea. An East Coast liberal said that some people might be offended by that and my CEO, bless his heart, said that during a team building event some people have to get out of their comfort zone! I loved it!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.