It's the time of the year we all love. My boy finally got some time off of football on a weekend to come with his dad and get stands ready. I hung some trail cams a few weeks ago. So, we planned on swapping cards there too. We had to pull down one stand we're not using, put up one for the man-child, clear some shooting lanes for the old man, get a new spot for a blind cleared out, and maybe do some shooting. Oh yeah, and ride the wheelers and stop at Grandma and Grandpa's on the way home. Whew....long activity packed day.

Last fall when my daughter was 2 she really wanted to go with us. She was just too tiny to come into the woods. But I told her when the leaves change next year I'll take you. Well I'll be dipped if she didn't remember that. So, dad had to take her. She's my little shadow and she LOVES her big brother so, there is probably not much of a chance I'll ever be in the woods without her again. grin And that's fine with me.

My youngest stepdaughter has shown some real interest in the outdoors this season. She's a giant sweetheart and makes us all laugh. So, if she wants to come along, she's coming along!!

The first stop was to put up Jack's treestand. His area was logged at some point this summer. But I think it worked out for the better. They cleared a bunch of what I call "pin oak" out from the red pines and jack pines. It really opened up the shooting for him.

The tree between me and Layna is where his stand went up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It was really tough to keep a 3 year old upright, but she did OK. We tried to stick to deer trails when we were walking. It took a bit longer but she didn't break any bones.

Then we got to the fun stuff. She's been on the wheelers around the yard but never on a trail. So it was go time and she was geared up. BTW...picking a helmet for an almost 4 year old is quite a challenge. lol

Sissy selfie while the boys were in the woods swapping cards. She had enough walking in the woods at this point. We were about 5 hours into the adventure when she took this pic.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/o8Z487r.jpg?2[/img]

I don't have any of the shooting for some reason. I was too busy keeping people out of the way and resetting targets to get pics I guess. It was a fun weekend.

We're going to try to get Layna her first deer this year. She asked if she could hunt. So yeah, she can hunt. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 10/19/21.

Camp is where you make it.