Originally Posted by northern_dave
As to the tone and writing in the opening post nearly 5 years ago. Yeah I was crushed, we all were.

I still miss my cousin terribly, I know we all do, the whole lot of us that knew him. The bond we all formed is part of his legacy.

We all still fight our little lessons in life as each kid grows, us adults too.

I remember reading this thread for the first time...seriously. It was a rainy Tuesday morining in August, 2007. I was sitting in a leaky job trailer reading about a terrible family tragedy and loss of Dave's best friend. I remember being choked up about it because I knew before long, I was going to lose one of mine.

With out this thread, I wouldn't have met this family who have become dear frineds to me. People I can talk to about anything...everything and they don't criticize or judge, just be friends. A guy really can't ask for more than that but they've given me so much more. A place to stay, support when I've needed it, a camp to hunt from, a get-away to relax and solve the worlds problems, and somebody to put up with my out right goofy-ness.

The first day I met Uncle Dusty and Missy was the day before deer opener in 2009. Uncle Dusty got out of the truck and shook my hand and we BS'd like we'd know eachother for years and in truth, it was just minutes. Missy got out and gave me a hug and I helped her unload her the truck and same thing...like we'd know each other forever. And again a great friendship,a nearly family like bond.

That's a serious battle, and it makes me very grateful and proud of these past 5 years in which we all have experienced a higher quality of life in some degree by being active members of this camp. The shack in the woods was a launching pad for the group which would eventually bond well enough to do many things together away from camp.

I don't like the battle Dusty faces now but I feel we are better equipped to cope with the fears and support him since we really are a tightly knit camp.

Have you heard from Missy? It was pretty damn good news last I talked to her.

I noticed that we must have hit the 6 million mark on views sometime recently. That's seriously crazy.

Crazy, nope. Crazy is 1/2 those views are probably mine dude. smile

Last edited by tzone; 07/11/12.

Camp is where you make it.