Howdy from Holland! Got online here after tons of trouble. My impressions....they ride a TON of bikes. pedal bikes. Tons. Thousands. Hundreds of thousands. I am not exagerating. THey have a parking RAMP for bikes. And the funny thing is, you would think they would have really nice bikes, right? Nope, total junk. Take to the dump type of junk. AND THEY SELL FOR $600 OR MORE! we could all retire if we could sell a shipload of bikes over here.

because of that, you see very few fat people over here. graffiti everywhere. everthing is expensive and there a people everywhere. food is okay at best. 4 people were all excited that I try the frites. It is their signature food, they are awesome...yada yada yada. They are excited about french fries. No kidding. I didnt have the heart to tell them McDonalds has already built the french fry empire.

I have seen thousands of cars...and 1...count it...1 truck. They all drive little teeny cars. $8/gallon gas (almost all taxes) will do that to you I suppose. I have been taking the train, which works reasonably well for me here, but it isnt my style. ND, would you wanna give up your truck to ride on a train everyday?

Talked to a guy who lives in a $1.3 million dollar house in Amsterdam. It is 2800 square feet including the teeny tiny garage where he has to fold in his mirrors on his teeny tiny wannabe car. He has to pay big bucks ($1000) to get a permit to park his car and another permit to park in his own garage! I couldnt help but tell him I can park 6 cars in my garage for free. or 30 in my driveway for free. or anywhere in 98% of the state for free.

Be glad you live where you live. Well except for Bill. Bill has to live in Wisconsin...... eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.