Well speaking of cold, I went out pheasant hunting in North Dakota Friday and Saturday. The warmest temperature we saw either day was -9. Hunted at -21 on Saturday and never got cold even once! There was 7 of us and none of us had a problem with cold either day. We dressed carefully and had good stuff and it just wasnt a problem. I wouldnt hesitate to hunt down to -30 if needed. After our first walk the first day at -15, I came back with my hat off and head steaming and had to take off some layers even! I wore 2 Smartwool long sleeve Tshirts, a light Smartwool sweater and a zip up sweatshirt. A facemask was essential and I wore a stocking hat over that, but more often than not, my head was sweating. I thought my feet might get cold, but Smartwool (sense a trend??) socks and 400 gram leather Danners was all that was needed.

Now I will say, there wasnt a lot of chatter around the trucks. We were either actively hunting or driving to a new area. Lots of birds seen and we got 32 in our 2 days. Dogs did great with a neoprene vest on. I did plug the Ford Super Duty in at night, but I think it would have started with no problems if I wouldnt have. All in all a great trip!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.