Yesterday was the firearm opener here in Mi.
I tried a decoy this year in an overgrown cow pasture. Right at first light I had a doe in front of me staring at the decoy. While I was watching her a small 5 or 6 point came up 20 yards to my left but he was focused on the decoy & never saw me. He slowly walked around the decoy and trotted towards the doe. I watched them for a minute and then looked to my left again and saw a buck across the field looking my way. He ran up to about 60 yards & stopped to stare at the decoy. He looked like the 9 point I had on camera. It was a hard quartering to me shot, he dropped just inside the trees at the edge of the field.
I was using Hornady Superformance 150gn SST in 300 Savage. I have not used it before but it sure did the job. The right shoulder was broken, the heart & one lung were shredded & the bullet still exited just behind the last rib on the far side. He still went about 100 yds before dropping. I did take another shot as he was going away but I don't know if that connected or not. Probably not.
I saw a total of 8 deer all day, several were small bucks.
Will work on some pictures if I can.