We had a busy weekend but it was a blast. Oktoberfest on Saturday after work, the up to the new WI deer camp to sort some things out.

I had found a few spots over Labor Day weekend, but didn't firm anything up. This past weekend, all the spots I'd picked, were also favorites of someone else. There was a stand in almost all of them!

I found one I hope nobody else did and put a camera up. I'll come back this coming weekend with a stand and a fresh SD card to see what's there.

I haven't hunted WI since 2009 and forgot what it's like where other people are around. Here in MN the only hunter I've seen since 2010 other than our party, was a guy that was lost wandering an old logging trail in 2012. He was more than happy to see me!

The kids and I are headed up for the MEA weekend to mess around in the woods. It was supposed to be the youth hunt, but there isn't one in our area due to the lack of deer. We're going to finish Jack's stand, shoot A LOT with the rifles, and then hopefully, get them on some grouse.

Thursday we are going to kick it all off by pulling the engine on my '55 Ford truck. grin The bolts are out of the motor and trans mounts, the hood is off, and the front clip is off. So, it shouldn't take too long, but you never know with this stuff... well, Dave does. laugh

Last edited by tzone; 10/12/15.

Camp is where you make it.