Too funny!!

Sadly, no deers were injured over the course of the weekend.

the boy flung some lead at a running doe.. but that's about it.

The boy's ma came up too. we dressed her up in a deer fighting costume & gave her a thompson encore with a .243 barrel on it, put her in a deer stand with instructions to kill deers... she didn't see anything though.

My wife put in a lot of time out in the woods, turned out she had a little bit of the wrong place at the wrong time syndrom yesterday.

We built a stand for her on sat, good spot, lots of sign, good shooting lane. She was in that stand yesterday morning but got out of the stand & walked north to another spot she wanted to try. Shortly after moving, they boy happened along under the stand she started out in & he pushed 6 deer out from under her stand. She was pretty sick to hear about that.

so, no deer but it was a great weekend anyways. My aunt & uncle came up & visited which was really nice. He brought an airless sprayer along for us to use for getting the oil stain on the outside of the cabin.

I'm going out of town for a couple of days on business, then when I get back I'll be getting ready for a youth hunt this coming weekend with my daughter. All of this watching other people dressed up in deer hunting costumes & carrying guns around... it's starting to get to me smile

Dave

Something clever here.