Well, I guess it's oficially on now. We go to church in about an hour, and then I have to get up on the roof and blow out the gutters, and then spend the rest of the day watching football while I pack my gear for the deer opener. This is my yearly tradition, and at least for me, my unofficial "start" to deer season. We're in a new spot this year, between Emily and Outing off Highway 6. Our previous spot just got too crowded. Sure wish we had some private property, but it is what it is.

We have four guys hunting together this year, and will be staying in a small motel in Outing. It'll be crowded, as we only were able to get one room. At the time I booked it, we only had two of us going. My son's buddy got out of the Marines a couple weeks ago, and my BIL is going now too. We'll make do-it'll be fine. Can't wait to get into the woods. Nothing gets me going quite like deer opener.

Best of luck to all the Minnesota boys. 'Counting on the Camp Chickenbuck gang to carry the torch for us once again this year. Chickenbuck Joe showed us how it's done, now we have to match the little guy's accomplishment.

Good hunting guys. May the wind be in your face, the sun at your back, and a nice buck coming down the trail.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla